The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

36 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Or a poorly mounted and timed camera

Poorly timed I can go along with but since the sidewalk and grass appear in sharper focus I would say the camera mounting is OK.

41 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I see two clothed homo sapiens. Can someone help?

A clothed homo sapien and camera lag.

Trail cams are often blurry. Especially when the subject is moving quickly through the camera trap.

C0D4B7D1-40C4-4296-90DC-D9C48FE80BF4.jpeg

11422C0D-9085-4879-833E-2DC908272192.jpeg

Thank you norseman for the explanation.  I shared that game cam picture as a complete puzzle to me.  I can't definitively support what it is.  The only thing I'm certain of is the dark movement flashing by me at speed greater than anyone I know can run and there was absolutely no foot steps.  This is why I thought it was a bird.

Okay folks, I'd like to share another of those things I have experienced that is not given to easy explanations.  In one of my previous posts here, I related being out with several newbies and having rocks and broken limbs tossed at us.  During one of our rest stops we distinctly heard a growl and the crunching of leaves about 20 feet in front of us on the trail.  I had my FLIR scope scanning and panning for the source in the back hot mode (My favorite pallet out in the field).  I saw movement but not something I was expecting nor can I begin to explain what I saw!!  Here is a short slomo clip of the video without the audio of the third parties.  I won't post their voices since I don't have their approval.

In the video the trees and rocks show up darker holding heat from the sunlight.  The lighter vegetation like leaves and bushes show a lighter color or white.  A heat producing mammal will show up like a sore thumb in this environment.  What I saw moving there just bum-fuzzles me!!

A light cold outline of something moves from right to left about 20 feet in front of me.  You can actually see the outline blur out the tree trunk signature as it passes it by.  The thermal doesn't lie.  It reads what heat levels things give off.  It doesn't make any sense to me but I captured it anyway.  Another of those curve balls I have witnessed out in the field...     

Slomo clip.wmv

That is their stealth mode that I cannot explain that I seen with my own two eyes with out a thermal and it is crazy as heck. You can see it their out line but not the full body in person and if you did not have your flir you would not even see them at all. Like I have said when I was in my tree stand when it pushed those does towards me I could not see the thing but could hear it breathing like it was right next to me. I am not saying that they are not flesh and blood or they would not be leaving physical evidence But they as heck are not normal entities that are flesh and blood. It knows how to control it's heat source or knows how to bend light so that it cannot be seen. There has to be an explanation and the only way to know is to get a body. But arguing of what is happening is not working and lot's of field work is needed to get to the truth.People are not lying to grab attention but to tell others of what is really going on. And they are doing it so we know what to look out for.. We need to bring attention to what is really going on with these creatures rather then hiding it. It needs to come into the light.

Wow!  I've always been a bit dismissive of the whole cloaking concept, but it looks like I need to reconsider that.

• Upvote 1

Thanks highflier great stuff!!  That's how subtle and fast these subjects can be which poses a great advantage over us.  Very early in my field research, I was standing in the woods beside a cabin.  Myself and another could hear the heavy crunch, crunch of leaves about 30 feet away from us.  We could see between the trees which were dimly back lit by a distant porch light, but could not see any figure making the bipedal noise and could easily follow its progress quartering away from us.  I thought the other person who bolted for the cabin door was getting a camera until I heard the door lock.  I was completely on my own LOL!!!  

It is refreshing to me that others have obtained and documented similar abnormalities during their field research endeavors!        

• Upvote 1

You are welcome, Midnight Owl. I've looked over the three images in this thread, your still shot, your thermal video, and now the one I just posted. Thoughts: Whatever these things are some things are apparent. The 'entities' don't seem to know that we normally cannot 'see' them. Movement is such that there appears to be an effort to keep away or otherwise move at 90 degrees across the field of view except for your still image. However that one seems to be more 'solid' than what is in the two videos. I have to also assume that your video 'entity doesn't look to be in a great hurry although I could also assume from the caption that your thermal capture is indeed slowed down?

The second thing that comes to mind is that whatever these (oh I don't know, artifacts?) are their heat signatures are not pure when it comes to their surrounding environments? Also in that thought I doubt both videos and the still were all captured when their outside temperatures were the same? So I think it safe to say that the three examples were all taken at different ambient air temperatures. And yet the effects are the same when comparing the different images to their temperature environments. I find this to be very interesting as it would be something one would expect to see in say, cold-blooded creatures like reptiles? But as I mentioned the temperature mimicking isn't perfect as there does seem to be a slightly warmer trend or we wouldn't see anything at all.

These are just quick thoughts as I haven't spent a lot of time on these images to form a more scientific dialogue but with that in mind there are two things that do stand out. One is the leaf rustling and whether or not whatever is in those images is aware that 'they' rustle leaves along with thinking (if they think!) that we can see them therefore their apparent need for speed. Very fast indeed in that last video that I found. The second thing is more in keeping with what "Explorer" said about these things not being Sasquatch related. I think that is true and it may very well be that we are dealing with TWO different phenomenon. I also have to say that lay researchers are probably not the only ones that now know about this 'new' phenomenon.  

I've checked out the hypothesis posed by Thom Powell regarding Sasquatch using infrasound to create a prism-like effect in surrounding water vapor in order to deflect light or heat but haven't spent the time researching any scientific support for such a mechanism. As a closing thought the rustling of leaves may not be actually steps taken but something more like leaves being rustled similar to the wake a boat creates? I definitely need to dig further into various scientific disciplines to see what has been studied or proposed for study. Sasquatch in the past has been shot or otherwise injured and obviously physically seen. My question therefore is if these 'entities' and Sasquatch are the same thing then why would one ever go into full view mode in broad daylight or at night be seen crossing a road? Or carrying off animals? There is a lot of work for all of us to do on this ;) I thank you for showing these things even though it compounds the Sasquatch subject a great deal.   

I think it is wise to consider the possibility of two or more kinds of entities ... regardless.  

I'm a "synthesizer" ... I take pieces and assemble them, connect dots, etc.   It's how my brain works.   One of the things I've learned to be wary of is not to connect dots that don't belong together.   That applies here.   Trying to assemble all information as if it comes from a single source may cause us to badly mislead ourselves.   The trick is finding exactly the right amount of connectedness .. with no road map for doing so.   It can be very hard to let go of ideas, of assumptions of connectedness, even when we logically discover they are not real connections.  

I had one experience ... of sounds coming from seemingly empty space at a distance of about 15 feet.   There's another thread about sasquatch throwing their voices.   It has to be considered in the context of that experience.    The options available are very limited.    Cloaking or voice-throwing, one of the two.    Since voice-throwing is a known "magic trick" done by a sort of sleight of hand, I'd rather focus on that angle over something truly paranormal, at least 'til the particulars of a situation make that choice irrational.  

IMHO one of the things we have to do is remember the KISS principle ... aka Occam's Razor ... the simplest explanation is the most likely .   (However, we must also remember the simplest explanation is not the only possible explanation ... over-applying the KISS principle / Occam's Razor can be as wrong as under-applying it.)

MIB

• Upvote 1

I have to admit I find this one pretty compelling. (Relevant section begins around 13:07, just in case the time stamp didn't work)

At what point do topics relegated to the Paranormal board become tolerable in the general discussion? Things like zapping and eye glow are fair game, right? It seems to me that's for two reasons: 1) They're commonly observed or experienced; 2) We can devise plausible mechanisms of explanation - infrasound in the case of the former, tapetum lucidem for the latter (And for the record, I highly doubt the latter explanation, having experienced it at length recently - it is definitely glow, not shine. And I don't think we should have much confidence in the infrasound explanation either).

I think as this field continues to gain traction, people are becoming more comfortable with sharing their observations and experiences regardless of whether we can come up with plausible explanations. We can decide to chuck the observations we can't explain in the bin, but for me, at a certain level of consistency and commonality, that becomes an irresponsible approach.

Also, it does seem possible we're not dealing with "just" sasquatch, but it also seems increasingly clear that sasquatch themselves are not "just" apes or even "just" relict hominids.

• Upvote 1

To go out in the field with your dog as a team and not understand why your team member is acting weird  and see these video now makes sense. Sitting in that stand and looking down and see nothing and yet hear this loud breathing and know that yes it is these creatures is over whelming. And to see your dog stay close to your side as you are walking down a well known trail and hear the forest just go silent is even more strange.  From what we are seeing now is now making more sense to what I have been encountering and to the evidence that has been found makes it even more profound. As much as people want to hold back on the WoW  it should be talked about it more. The more open the better understanding we will gain about what we are dealing with.  How many hunters are out hunting them and not yet one has been brought in. The military must have knowledge of them and a need to know must be placed on them.  If we can roam these woods and walk right by them with out even seeing them then do you not think that they would not be of great interest to Darpa.IMHO. They would be like a giant gold fine and would be worth a lot. In order to do what they are doing which is bending light as well displacing heat with cold. This makes a great tool for any army .

The things that took placed with myself and my son and my friend seemed like we were being studied, like it was a project. And it almost seems like most researchers are projects for them as well to see how they react. Maybe I am wrong but I am throwing it out there. I really have nothing to loose. What are they going to take away my birthday.I.D.K.A.D.N.C.

• Upvote 1

There was something out on the edge of my thinking when I wrote that last post but I was danged if it would actually form a thought. And I do my best thinking late at night during those quieter hours. I hit the pillow last light and just as I did the thought finally took form but I was too tired to get up and come back onto the Forum. So here is that thought- and it is a big what if but I think everything must be expressed or explored: The 'entities' are not 'entities'.........what the thermal imagers are picking up just might be an infrasound wave- a cross section of highly compressed air?

What helped to trigger this idea was that in the Uwharrie video there was mention also of a black object. So my research over the next several days is down the rabbit hole of thermal imaging and whether or not it has the capability of detecting a slightly warmer artifact of infrasound wave within an ambient temperature environment. In other words, moving away from the idea of cloaking and more into animals that project infrasound and whether or not that sound pressure can be detected with a thermal imaging device. If the sound wave even slightly heats the atmosphere by compression (think diesel engines) it is moving through then it should register on a thermal device. The drawback may be that the speed of the artifact in the Uwharrie video, as fast as it is, may be too slow to be an actual compressed infrasound wave.

Since infrasound moves in all directions the compression might only be seen at 90 degrees from the observer where the curve of the wave front is deeper because of the angle of view. It begs the question then of whether or not there is a mirror image going in the opposite direction as the wave sphere expands. People here have talked about feeling the pressure of what is believed to be infrasound projection. If the concept is something that could actually be somewhat directed then the wave density should appear greater at the cross section of the leading 'edge' which might be what the videos are showing?

My take? There has to be science- and the science is out there to be found.

I don't think infrasound has observable effect on light.   That should be in the scientific literature if it is factual because it's the sort of thing that would be studied in conventional physics and repeatable in a laboratory environment.   Grad students would have already done a thesis on it so it should be easy to check without resorting to sketchy alternate-science sources.  

I do, however, think infrasound has an effect on what we see but it comes from affecting the eyes and the nerves transmitting optical signals to the brain, in other words, our perception of what is visible, not what is visible.   Big, big, important difference.    I think that can be found literature as well though it may be difficult to access since some of it will be results of military testing from the days when they explored weaponization of infrasound.

MIB

What you are saying is interesting, MIB. And you may be correct in that infrasound is more of a perceived visual effect than an actual one. But because what the videos show in actual video and not just something visually perceived live in the field since I has been recorded on a thermal device it may be that infrasound's effect on the air molecules is what the thermal imagers picked up. And that's the effect I want to pursue. If infrasound compresses air molecules and the result generates enough heat to demonstrate a variance from uncompressed air molecules then I think the hypothesis is going in the right direction. It is only a hypothesis after all and finding some scientific evidence to support the hypothesis is my goal.

You may be right in that infrasound has no effect on light. That I can understand. But whether or not infrasound waves moving through air compress molecules and then generate heat is my unknown pursuit. If I find evidence of such studies then it may help move things closer to the idea that infrasound waves in air generate heat via compression of the air, though not by much, but enough to allow detection by a thermal imager. I truly think that is what the videos are showing.

If the propagation of infrasound waves caused the compressed air (bow wave if you will) to cool then the thermal images would appear darker, not lighter, than surrounding ambient air. Let's start with this as an overview: http://wtamu.edu/~cbaird/sq/2015/11/05/can-sound-waves-generate-heat/

Edited by hiflier