The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

It's OK, Norseman, the skeptics are just talk and do not really bring anything to the table. They are pretty harmless really. Must be a slow day in Canada.

Edited by hiflier

Personally, there is no debate, I crossed that line out in the field years ago with seeing is believing.  My own personal experience that went well beyond words or opinions on an internet forum.  What I can't wrap my mind around is how they do some of the things they do which was the reason I posted some of my stuff in the beginning of this listing.  I have more out of the norm material I may share in time.  I stand amazed at the knowledge, talent, intellect and abilities many of you have and expressed here on this forum.  Thank you all for the good, the bad and ugly.  Be safe out there.  I stepped over this critter late last week Squatchin.  The man walking behind me brought it to my attention.  It is a Copperhead snake for you northern folks, a pit viper cousin of the rattle snake.      

Copperhead.jpg

And yes, I instantly turned pro-kill LOL!  Too many children and day packers that use this trail.  I couldn't forgive myself if someone else wasn't as fortunate with this snake.  If it had been out in a more secluded area away from people, I would have let him continuing sunning itself.   

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, norseman said:

I will try again. If Nathan thought his truth should be universal to all men? Why would he be hiking in the mountains looking for evidence?

I think this proves that he understands there is unfinished business. 

Either way, this is a Bigfoot forum.....lots of people here believe Bigfoot exists. Yes? Make sense? And not every thread in this forum should be turned into a existence debate.....

Do we need a sub forum set aside just for existence debates?

You could have just let Nate answer the question. 

11 minutes ago, dmaker said:

You could have just let Nate answer the question. 

And you could have not responded to me and just waited patiently for his response....if he hasnt put you on ignore already.

Skeptics have so little to say. Thank you Midnight OWL for coming back to this thread. I apologize for my derailment with the Santa Cruz tooth dialogue. From here on out I will adhere to the OP. Thanks for your patience.

I have a question that may be unanswerable. Is there any estimation of the size of the population of these creatures in this area that you are in?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, norseman said:

Do we need a sub forum set aside just for existence debates?

Yes.

It may help funnel the traffic, then we don’t have to hear the same old debate unless we choose to enter that subforum.  

ISF has a feature where off-topic posts and bickering are sometimes removed from the main thread and ‘merged’ into a subsection of that thread.

That is to say, those posts are still a part of the ‘original’ thread, but only visible through the advanced search function.

Sure, it creates more work for the mods, but that’s why they get paid the big bucks. ;)

Just a thought.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

Here ya go folks.  46 pages from almost three years ago, have at it! The topic had been closed but with some special pleading and a few "pretty pleases" someone might be persuaded to reopen it.

Edited by hiflier

20 hours ago, dmaker said:

What truth would that be, Nate? Many here are only interested in the "truth" if it includes bigfoot.

For the record:  I have no reason to put someone on ignore, I confront posts and posters on what is written.  

There is two answers to that question.       

1. Personal truth, this is an opinion based on faith, John Smith's information or perception of an experience. 

2. Defined truth, a clear, provable and repeatable status . 

Most here on this forum ( including myself ) operate under faith, information or experience.   My personal truth is that I saw a bigfoot in 2009 but the defined truth is not yet apparent to anyone, as it should be. 

My entire point of taking stake is in this thread is to simply say that when a person makes a statement to define the truth, it has to have more mass than an opinion.  If someone does not except this then they are simply foolish.

Some people spend their entire lives searching for a hard scientific answer and never find it ( yes, I could be wrong about the entire subject ),  I may end up in this book.  I am doing my part to answer this question, taking action to no end is still greater than doing nothing.  The practice is equal in value to the result.  If a scientist is to examine X ( even if X is not real or present ) and follow the scientific method to the letter, then he is still honorable and affirming to those seeking knowledge. 

You are against the very term and practice of science if you believe that a question should not be academically examined in depth ( the body of bigfoot research as a whole has not turned up almost nothing because of it's lack in discipline, practice and motivations ).  The position of " No X " based on a lack of information is as week as a sheet of tissue paper.  

I have stated this before, you are left with a few choices.       I am either crazy, deceptive, correct or a combination of all three.

I hope you continue to be of the mind that I fit into the first two  options as the flip side is that you can't go on the notions or experiences of others, there has to be proof.   I have a long cool story and not much more, everyone in this subject should be held in question < ( these three words are science ) until we have more than just a story.

I am looking for the answer to this question under the scientific method, those making assumptions and statements going against these principles are weak.

• Upvote 1

“crazy deceptive correct or a combination of all 3” 

Nathan you omitted an option. It’s entirely possible that you are mistaken wrt what you saw.

Misidentification.

If I may ask, exactly how are you utilizing the scientific method? Have you ever completed a course in critical thinking?

Im not trying to be combatative btw. Just questioning your claim.

1 hour ago, NathanFooter said:

For the record:  I have no reason to put someone on ignore, I confront posts and posters on what is written. 

I admire your youthful outlook Nathan! My 67 years have taught me great tolerance for what seems immutable and for the thoughtful views of those who see things differently. I do not ignore a few members here, those I term "scofftics", because I fear debate but because they bore me (as do the usual responses to their predictable posts). Retirement gives me the option, by and large, of avoiding things and people that bore me to tears, and there are so many interesting things in this universe.

• Upvote 4

No, trolls really don't care what you think of them. OTOH, they care a whole lot about what they think about you. Positively an obsession of the species.;)

Lets get back on topic here.

I believe the OP asked what advantages Sasquatch has over Humans?