The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

Agreed but Midnight Owl did say there was a tree fork that was used as a height reference. For the most part though yes, hights outside what we are used to seeing can be misjudged. I was in a small 4-door sedan one night driving through a traffic light that had just turned green so I was only moving at maybe ten mph but slowly accelerating because if was also very foggy. Once through the intersection I was almost immediately crossing a bridge. And there, in the fog, in the opposite lane, somewhat lit by a street light, was a Moose- just standing on the bridge. My small car made the thing look 15 feet tall. As I was slowly driving past it, it stepped toward the car and I couldn't believe that I actually had to veer toward the shoulder near the bridge railing to avoid it.

I quickly honked the horn at the same time and heard it suddenly 'clomp' just outside the driver's door. I know it saw and heard me coming and my headlights were on as well (about 1:00 am AND I was sober). I will never forget the image of that Moose standing backlit in the fog with its legs lit by my headlights. It was a pretty eerie looking scene. The point of this is that without a reference I judged the animal to be probably much taller than it was.

2 hours ago, Rockape said:

You could still be wrong.

ISF has a bunch of turds floating in the same punch bowl. I've seen no critical thinking there, just a bunch of people belittling anyone who doesn't think exactly as they do.

Sasquatch has the ability to turn some people into blithering idiots.

Yes I could still be wrong but I doubt it. Conversely Nathan et al could be wrong. The power of imagination knows no limits.

Your opinion of ISF is duly noted. But it’s just your opinion and means nothing to me at the end of the day. My suggestion to you is simply don’t post there. You wouldn’t last a week.

I agree wholeheartedly that Sasquatch has the ability to turn some people into blithering idiots, but I’m not naming names. That would be against forum rules.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Rockape said:

I've seen no critical thinking there

You're not looking, obviously. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

My suggestion to you is simply don’t post there. You wouldn’t last a week.

Why? I don't believe bigfoot exists either? Would it be because I'm open to the possibility it does and willing to discuss it? Willing to listen to what others have to say and what they've experienced and not belittle them for what they say?

Would it be because I wouldn't come here to troll and run back there to make fun of the silly bigfooters? I know making sport of the bleevers is a requisite there.

3 hours ago, dmaker said:

You're not looking, obviously. 

Not lately. I've looked a few times but all I saw was "silly bigfooters, yuk, yuk, derp, derp".

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Your opinion of ISF is duly noted. But it’s just your opinion and means nothing to me at the end of the day. My suggestion to you is simply don’t post there. You wouldn’t last a week.

And yet we must respect your opinion here. Years worth..... But somehow we are the jerks? Just doesn’t seem fair does it.

• Upvote 2

Rockape an norseman,

It's interestin' neither of you believe these primates exist, yet are open to the possibility, an are both respectful about it on a Bigfoot Forum, thank you. As apposed to our two scoftic "critical thinkers", like soup sandwiches, haha ! ;);)

Pat... 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, norseman said:

And yet we must respect your opinion here.

I respect the opinion of several scofftics, mostly because my opinion doesn't differ from their except in a key point that I am open to the possibility and don't see the need to demean or ridicule those who believe BF exists. That's what I don't like about many scofftics, that they seem to feel the need to ramble incessantly about how there is no way BF exists. If I ever reach the point I decide no way, no how, no time BF exists then I will move on.

I do have respect for the opinion of people like Squatchy and Kit, because they know their BF. They have done their research and are well versed in BF. I appreciated when they point out a flaw in reasoning, how someone perpetrated a hoax, things like that. It helps keep the conversation honest. However the repetitive belittling of BF'ers is very irritating. I just don't understand why they feel the need to do so. They're better than that.

What has happened here in this thread is a good example. I generally don't have a problem with Squatchy questioning Nate about his sighting, however that is not what this thread is about but this thread, like so many other threads, has become a debate about existence or non-existence.

9 hours ago, PBeaton said:

It's interestin' neither of you believe these primates exist, yet are open to the possibility, an are both respectful about it on a Bigfoot Forum

I've always said this forum is the only place that matters when discussing BF because there is no "hive mind" think here such as at ISF and other pro-BF venues. We get a healthy mix of believers scofftics and everything in between. People in the past have wanted all scofftics banned and I have fought against that. They do add value to the conversation whether some like it or not. They can also be frustrating in their habit of turning every discussion into an exist-doesn't exist debate.

Edited by Rockape

12 hours ago, Rockape said:

Not lately. I've looked a few times but all I saw was "silly bigfooters, yuk, yuk, derp, derp".

That is simply not possible. You may disagree with the majority opinion there, but it's flat out incorrect to claim there is no critical thinking on display. And it's not all making fun of bigfooters. I have more than once stood up for members here that I respect if someone at ISF rips on them. 

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

They can also be frustrating in their habit of turning every discussion into an exist-doesn't exist debate.

I understand that. I have absolutely no doubt about the existence of bigfoot, as such I simply cannot participate in what feels to me like adult group make believe sessions. What is the point of speculating about imaginary abilities of an imaginary beast? You might as well be playing Dungeons and Dragons. So my contributions, rare as they are lately, usually deal with a point of logic, or something related to non existence. I don't really have anything else to add. 

Also, to be honest, I'm not above the odd mild barb from time to time. There are members here that I have, over time, developed a less than positive relationship with. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Rockape said:

I respect the opinion of several scofftics, mostly because my opinion doesn't differ from their except in a key point that I am open to the possibility and don't see the need to demean or ridicule those who believe BF exists. That's what I don't like about many scofftics, that they seem to feel the need to ramble incessantly about how there is no way BF exists. If I ever reach the point I decide no way, no how, no time BF exists then I will move on.

I do have respect for the opinion of people like Squatchy and Kit, because they know their BF. They have done their research and are well versed in BF. I appreciated when they point out a flaw in reasoning, how someone perpetrated a hoax, things like that. It helps keep the conversation honest. However the repetitive belittling of BF'ers is very irritating. I just don't understand why they feel the need to do so. They're better than that.

What has happened here in this thread is a good example. I generally don't have a problem with Squatchy questioning Nate about his sighting, however that is not what this thread is about but this thread, like so many other threads, has become a debate about existence or non-existence.

The JREFers are a cult of science geeks who cannot think in anything but absolutes. And they toe the cult line. Dissention in the ranks brings on ridicule of being illogical or irrational. As they debate each other they critique each others spelling and sentence structure. As if a online forum post was the final for a English major...... I think they all have a Spock altar in their garage. They are timid souls who do not dare stray from the herd.

The whole rotten edifice is built on a lie. Mr. Randi’s life partner lived in the US for decades under a stolen identity. While Mr. Randi busted spoon tricks and mind readers and built a name for himself as a champion of TRUTH. I would never associate myself with James Randi or his forum.

All a man has to go on in life are his own observations. And there is plenty of knowledge left undiscovered. I adhere to no way of thinking outside of what I have thought heavily on for myself. And what makes sense to me. Be an independent thinker. Be self reliant. Be strong and stand up for what you believe.

Wouldnt last a week on a online forum? I would walk into a room face to face with 20 of them and lock the door behind me. I DO NOT hide my identity or where I live. I do not potshot people online from behind a mask. I speak the truth from my own perspective. Friends and family know that I participate on a BIGFOOT forum. Most JREFers would be horrorified if anyone found out their true identity. Even as scofftics on this forum.

I am NOT a knower, but I leave the question open in my mind. And its no skin off my nose to be in the mountains keeping my eyes peeled for sign. As a Hunter that is my passion regardless...... And I’m attacked from all angles....beleivers and scoffers alike. Which means that I am in the center of the ring.

RIGHT WHERE I LIKE TO BE!

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, norseman said:

The JREFers are a cult of science geeks who cannot think in anything but absolutes. And they toe the cult line. Dissention in the ranks brings on ridicule of being illogical or irrational. As they debate each other they critique each others spelling and sentence structure. As if a online forum post was the final for a English major...... I think they all have a Spock altar in their garage. They are timid souls who do not dare stray from the herd.

The whole rotten edifice is built on a lie. Mr. Randi’s life partner lived in the US for decades under a stolen identity. While Mr. Randi busted spoon tricks and mind readers and built a name for himself as a champion of TRUTH. I would never associate myself with James Randi or his forum.

All a man has to go on in life are his own observations. And there is plenty of knowledge left undiscovered. I adhere to no way of thinking outside of what I have thought heavily on for myself. And what makes sense to me. Be an independent thinker. Be self reliant. Be strong and stand up for what you believe.

Wouldnt last a week on a online forum? I would walk into a room face to face with 20 of them and lock the door behind me. I DO NOT hide my identity or where I live. I do not potshot people online from behind a mask. I speak the truth from my own perspective. Friends and family know that I participate on a BIGFOOT forum. Most JREFers would be horrorified if anyone found out their true identity. Even as scofftics on this forum.

I am NOT a knower, but I leave the question open in my mind. And its no skin off my nose to be in the mountains keeping my eyes peeled for sign. As a Hunter that is my passion regardless...... And I’m attacked from all angles....beleivers and scoffers alike. Which means that I am in the center of the ring.

RIGHT WHERE I LIKE TO BE!

I brought up ISF as they have a merge feature which curtails derails like yours Norse (not just you we are all guilty of the occasional derailment) and helps keep threads on topic.

Btw ISF hasn’t been associated with James Randi for almost 4 years now, and I’ve never watched a single episode of Star Trek. Can’t stand the show.

Im getting my canoe ready for an afternoon out on Cootes Paradise. I’ll let y’all get back to discussing the Squatch Advantage, whatever that is and however you define it.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch

5 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

I brought up ISF as they have a merge feature which curtails derails like yours Norse (not just you we are all guilty of the occasional derailment) and helps keep threads on topic.

Btw ISF hasn’t been associated with James Randi for almost 4 years now, and I’ve never watched a single episode of Star Trek. Can’t stand the show.

Im getting my canoe ready for an afternoon out on Cootes Paradise. I’ll let y’all get back to discussing the Squatch Advantage, whatever that is and however you define it.

This is YOUR guys derail...... remember? One of the hundreds of threads on this forum each year that you hijack and turn into a existence debate.

4 years now? Wow. Should that impress me?

Be safe out on the water. Dont forget yer vest and deet.

BFF Patron

Perhaps hijacking threads should be addressed in the forum rules?   It does seem to be a problem.   We all stray now and then but it seems to be intentional and very common with some.    You can mention thread hijacking and some just continue with their rants.  

On 6/5/2018 at 7:11 PM, Midnight Owl said:

be it a feeling of knowing when and where to look or possibly being marked individual, I have no problems of going out to many wooded locations in Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri and Kentucky and documenting activity regularly.  It just happens folks!

Yes it does. "Being a marked individual"... something I hear more and more. Sometimes you can't help but think... "how in the heck did you know I'd be here??" Is it just a function of a prolific population, or is there something more going on? It is strange that some people can spend so much time outdoors and never cross paths with them (to their knowledge), while others happen upon them almost anywhere they go. I'm still at the point where I think it's just a matter of them being experts at reading our body language and interpreting our intentions... but I'm wondering if there's more. I know this stuff makes folks uncomfortable, but it's a lot more interesting than talking about the merits of having scofftics around.

This is just another example of how their advantages mystify people. There is a trend in observations, but because it implies abilities that are beyond our comprehension (even if not paranormal!), people are inclined to reject such a trend, and will often reject the observations involved in illustrating it. 

Go to the most basic aspect of their advantage: look at the photos Midnight Owl posted. I'm not sure you could come up with a much more illustrative example of how they are able to just physically hide from us. It's uncanny to catch a glimpse of something with a human-like intelligence blending in so effectively with their natural surroundings, staying so completely motionless that you're not even sure of what you're looking at. It's beyond the scope of documented human experience, and with nothing with which to compare that experience, people reject that it's even possible.

Keep sharing those experiences; they're the only things leading us in the right direction, allowing our understandings to gradually converge on what the heck we are actually dealing with.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Perhaps hijacking threads should be addressed in the forum rules?   It does seem to be a problem.   We all stray now and then but it seems to be intentional and very common with some.    You can mention thread hijacking and some just continue with their rants.  

We need mods. Contact Masterbarber if you want to volunteer.....

1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

*** Mini DERAIL ahead ****

Cootes Paradise. Haven't been there for a while. I believe it's twice a day (8am and 2pm possibly) where you can go to the base of the bridge and watch students from University of Guelph filter invasive species out of the fish weir. It's pretty cool to see some of the things they pull out. They weigh, measure, identify and then either toss it into Cootes or out back into Lake Ontario. It's fun to watch if you happen to be in the area. 

Edited by dmaker