The Squatch advantage

Midnight Owl

14 hours ago, Explorer said:

The Sasquatch advantages that you have experienced are extraordinary and not expected from a big dumb ape.  Below is my attempt to list the advantages you mentioned in several of your posts.

•  Ability to zap people (with infrasound?) to warn or remove them from their area

•  Ability to see very well at night (night vision)

•  Ability to communicate with humans via mind speak, picture talk or mental telepathy

•  Ability to mark people that are ok for future contact by any sasquatch

•  Ability to be able to follow people to their homes

•  Ability to communicate among themselves with a spoken language

BTW, there is no surprise in this list.  Many folks have mentioned these items over the years. Yes, they are controversial and many folks reject them out of hand because they don’t fit the current scientific paradigms.  If some of the items in the list above are true, then I don’t think we are talking about an ape that fits the evolutionary path of previous apes. How many existing apes have zapping capabilities, perfect night vision, and can mind speak?

I think the reason these abilities get rejected is that they take you down another path that is hard to digest (i.e. we are dealing with something else). 

I am curious about these reports where Sasquatch "follows" people to their homes. I have heard a few accounts on podcasts and youtube clips where that is alleged along with very obvious pranks from an invisible friend just to let the person know they are there.  But what is the point?  Sasquatch never seems interested in real interaction, just being playful in their own (kinda time waster) manner. The human contactee however will typically get Bigfoot PTSD if they have a Bigfoot spirit in their house and they become "friends" and the contactee gets voices in their head and think Bigfoot is an alien and then they write books about Bigfoot delivering telepathic messages to save humanity and it goes off the rails. 

Edited by Arvedis

6 hours ago, norseman said:

He haunts the recesses of your mind. He does mine. And I dont have any problem admitting it. When I crawl out of that tent I am ready to face anything with a metallic taste in my dry mouth. I can control my fear but I will not lie and tell you its not there. Its always there. Maybe its because of some ancient artifact in my DNA. Maybe its the experience I had as a child. Maybe its because I too ate smores and listened to stories around the campfire as a kid. Illogical or not? Its there. I would be lying otherwise

Folks, this is about as honest and adult as it gets. Thank you Norseman for your acknowledgements of that 'thing' that while normal can be also be debilitating to some. Fear is fine but if common sense cannot put into perspective then fear, instead of saving us, can kill us.   

Edited by hiflier

Guest OntarioSquatch
7 hours ago, norseman said:

And I bet you my bottom dollar? That these scofftic JREFers? Deep down, way down inside, in the pitch black on that camping trip when a heavy branch snaps close to camp? Its there as well. Its visceral. 

That’s been the case with some of them, and it’s made it clear to me that they’re in denial, and not entirely honest with themselves about their own conflicting beliefs which seem to cause them so much discomfort

https://www.simplypsychology.org/cognitive-dissonance.html

Edited by OntarioSquatch

8 hours ago, norseman said:

He haunts the recesses of your mind. He does mine. And I dont have any problem admitting it. When I crawl out of that tent I am ready to face anything with a metallic taste in my dry mouth.

Here are 8 possible causes for that metallic taste in your mouth. Sasquatch isn't listed as one of them. You ain't pregnant are ya Norse? 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/8-possible-causes-for-that-metallic-taste-in-your-mouth/

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

I totally agree with norseman.  The deep woods have not changed.  It's not Disneyland out there and things that injured or killed pioneers in their trek west still exist.  You don't call for resets or do-overs out there.  Great stuff too from OS.  I think of the famous phrase from "A few good men"..."You can't handle the truth!!!"...  

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Yes I saw this dog Chaser featured on some video.    When told he would pick out the named toy out of a huge pile of toys he had to dig through to find the toy.  .  My last dog understood he was going to the vet before we even left the house.  He would howl in the car on the way.   He hated the place.   He had a long term immune system disease and unfortunately for him made a lot of trips that included getting blood drawn.     It was quite heartbreaking, especially the last trip, as I think he knew we were taking him in to put him down.   He was to the point where he could not stand up, eat or drink.  

Edited by SWWASAS

1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Here are 8 possible causes for that metallic taste in your mouth. Sasquatch isn't listed as one of them. You ain't pregnant are ya Norse? 

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/8-possible-causes-for-that-metallic-taste-in-your-mouth/

Neither is fear listed. You can come pack Mules with me in the mountains anytime.....

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Midnight Owl said:

I totally agree with norseman.  The deep woods have not changed.  It's not Disneyland out there and things that injured or killed pioneers in their trek west still exist.  You don't call for resets or do-overs out there.  Great stuff too from OS.  I think of the famous phrase from "A few good men"..."You can't handle the truth!!!"...  

I saw a local news segment on mountain and forest trail rescues.  The vast majority are millennials.   They tend to be unprepared,  not check weather forecasts, ill equipped, underestimate how long things take,   poorly dressed for conditions,  and rely way to much on cell phones for navigation and calling for help.    It seems that many do not know that cell phone coverage is not everywhere.    

I ran into a telling situation on a research hike on the Oregon coast.    The trail was muddy, and I noticed fresh foot prints of a smaller human was hiking alone ahead of me, headed the same direction I was going.       It was not long before I found cougar tracks that seemed to be following the human down the trail.   The cougar tracks continued in the same direction along the trail  for a long time.   After a while, I came around the corner and was relieved to find a young woman in her early 20s heading out.   It was obvious she was the person who had left the tracks.  I warned her about the cougar and she looked at me like I was nuts to be concerned about it.   She thought she was in Disneyland.   That cougar was stalking her.  

Edited by SWWASAS

33 minutes ago, norseman said:

Neither is fear listed. You can come pack Mules with me in the mountains anytime.....

If I’m ever on the neighbourhood I’ll drop you a line.

21 minutes ago, OntarioSquatch said:

Read your own link OS. Metallic taste from anxiety is uncommon and may stem from any of the factors listed in my link.

So many of the symptoms of anxiety are unusual that it's easy to see why many people with anxiety disorders worry that they have some other condition - something potentially more dangerous. After all, anxiety is a mental health condition, and yet it can create some very unusual physical symptoms that tend to increase your stress even further.

Metallic taste is a great example. Many people worry about this metallic taste they get in their mouth during anxiety attacks, wondering if it's possible that the metallic taste indicates something other than an anxiety disorder. This article explores whether or not anxiety can cause a metallic taste, how, and what you can do about it.

Guest OntarioSquatch
1 hour ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

If I’m ever on the neighbourhood I’ll drop you a line.

Read your own link OS. Metallic taste from anxiety is uncommon and may stem from any of the factors listed in my link.

The point is that people can experience it. I can believe Norseman if he claims that he experiences it.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

15 hours ago, norseman said:

But out there in the vast wilderness, in the pitch black, when you know something is out there? He haunts the recesses of your mind. He does mine. And I dont have any problem admitting it. When I crawl out of that tent I am ready to face anything with a metallic taste in my dry mouth. I can control my fear but I will not lie and tell you its not there.

I totally get that. My mind races at night in the woods if I hear a footfall or a snapped twig, etc. No doubt about that. But how many people in that moment even speculate it could be a sasquatch? I think that number would be pretty small. 

I only started thinking about bigfoot as an adult in the last 5 or 6 years. Prior to that, a noise in the woods at night was always worst case scenario a bear (if I was in, or north of, Algonquin). Now in the same scenarios bigfoot does enter mind, but only in the sense of an opportunity to try to perceive that moment as a believer would. I cannot convince my mind to truly fear something that I know does not exist. 

I fear sharks when I swim in salt water, not man eating mermen. I fear bears when I'm in the woods, not bigfoots. I can almost get the fear of the boogeyman in the dark moment you describe, Norse,  but what I don't understand is how that brief moment of fear driven irrationality can persist way beyond that moment and remain in someone's thoughts in the bright light of the day. I guess that is where we differ greatly.

• Upvote 4