Field Stereo : Mildly crazy thinking

joebeelart

I like to play music to Our Barefoot Friends.  To that end, we used a big boom box for some years until it literally melted an internal connection.  The music we use is simple and quiet:  {1} Mainly Tibetan chants or similar, or {2} Melodic songs like "Sons of the Pioneers,"  Greensleeves, or similar.  To replace the boom box this year I bought a big Monster Rockin' Roller 3 100 w Bluetooth speaker.  Now, I'm wondering if I should buy a smaller speaker and hook them together, either with the wireless feature of the RR3, or with a cable so I don't have to have line-of-sight.

Well, anyway, I need your opinions on whether the extra $70 - $120 or so is worth it for a second smaller speaker or a RR "mini" or maybe even a second used RR3.  Thank you in advance about the speaker dilemena or music choice.  Since Molly sent me the first Tibetan CD, it will play, but there is time for other music to quietly, melodically fall into the abyss of yon canyon or vale.  As the great PB signs off, Joe here   

a Wet Trip 9 10 texted copy.jpg

Ps:  I've already also bought a new night scope and a fairly good sized parabolic mic / "ear" for this year.  How much is "too much?"  $ are important as we already have 21 more scheduled nights out and have completed 3 mountain camps - and 2 in a motel ......  {We figure a minimum of $100 per night expenses.}

Edited by joebeelart

If you are trying to draw them in from miles away it may be worth it.

As far as quality goes, I have been approached using only a cheapie portable crank radio flashlight listening to AM.

Ha !  Interesting.  Once Todd -- Toddzilla - Neiss and I were camped on the eastern slope of Mt. Hood with a wonderful view to the east, both in sky and land.  It got late.  The Zodiac glow was wonderful.  We had plenty of fire wood to burn.  Toddzilla clicked on his hand crank radio to see what we could hear.  LO !  He picked up a late night show from somewhere and the host was talking UFOs  and Bigfoots.  Guess !  You got it right.

Toddzilla called the 800 # from the show so we could say we were really in the "soup."  He got through from a cell tower near The Dalles !  Hay ! I told you it was a perfect night.  Anyway, the radio show wanted to talk to us so I cranked the radio and Todd stayed on the line --- then his cell battery went dead.  Oh !  What to do !  {Having a wee bit of scotch and to the blankets sounded reasonable.}

Anyway, I still think of that night and the radios and cell phone circa 2005 or less.  As the great PB signs off, Joe here

Ps:  See the lower right snow line of Mt .Hood, the little dip and the little rise; that's about where we were - on the north side of the rise. 

a Mt Hood from Devils Ridge_ Solstice  Low Res.jpg

Edited by joebeelart

• gigantor unlocked this topic