Can Am X3 XCR (fully locked rock crawler version)

norseman

• 2 months later...

I think those can am x3 are bad a** to have but they have a big price tag of $24000 - $27000. I have been really thinking of buying one to use out in the field since they have some power to back it up when you need to get the heck out of dodge. I just want one to have fun on out on the roads and you can add accessories to them for when you camp. It can be a great bigfoot mobile.

IMG_0533__71316.1483478597.380.380.jpg

It is low to the ground and can take turns since it is low ,yet it can still handle the rocks and mud as well as the climbs and has all the power one can handle. This is one fun beast to have out in the field even if you do not see one of these creatures. I'd have this thing pedal to the floor every chance I could get just to get my heart racing. I would do it just to let me know I am still alive. If I could kick that engine up to 400 hp well I be one bad mofo out in the field. I 'd have a 308 short barrel sig AR pistol  right next to me with a nice scope with a form 1 filled out so it would be legal. Shouldered.right on me with a strap. You can bet I pop one of these bad boys and drag them right as fast as I could with this. 

That tomcar is cool too but I still love that can am maverick x3. I do not mind getting dirty and that can am is just great for that . When you need that power it is right there for ya. Those mud holes would be great to have fun in as well except when you are really stuck. That would just ruin you whole day, but if you have a winch then it would be no problem. The only problem I would have in getting one is talking my wife into it. But son and my daughter are all into it all except for my wife. She thinks I would be to crazy in it and get my self killed. But who cares as long as one is having fun in some thing they love to do. A real heart thumper. :D 

All I know is that a can am maverick has my name on it. These things just scream and I tell you one thing if I see one of these creatures on a trail I am going to lasso it and tie it on a horn and drag it out Mexican style. I can just imagine what these creatures must think when they hear one of these machines coming through the forest like that one, That is so awesome and I hope that my wife says yes. I already have a endure Yamaha yz250 that screams but that just really pumps my blood since you can just sit in it and really feel the G's when you step on it. My 250 gets me going but I love it when you can sit back and feel like a rocket. I can just imagine 400 horse power of it if they build the engine. Set the gears right and it will be a real dirt terror. I know my wife will not ride in it, heck she gets scared when I do doughnuts in the snow with my truck for practice. 54 years old and I still need that rush not sure if I will ever grow old of it.. But this would be one great toy for the big boys/Girls. :) 

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, norseman said:

I ended up with a Roxor. A 4 cyl diesel. Most quiet rig ever!

does the forest service close the forest roads in the pNW around this time of year?  

Some roads. They sometimes close roads before hunting season.

Some roads are closed all year long. And some remain open all year long.

But in many places in the intermountain west? People just ride snowmobiles or snow bikes where ever. So long as your not in a wilderness area. Roads kind of become a moot point.

Just dont get caught riding around a locked gate.

But if you 10 miles in crossing from one road system to the next? It is what it is.