45 acp vs 10mm

norseman

4 hours ago, PBeaton said:

Oh sure...rub it in ! haha ! 

Remember Bob Munden ?

xcCRqu.gif

Thats Cowboy quick draw! No! Not that good! Cowboy Action shooting ia slower, includes carbines and shotguns too. 

Bigjeepman,

A Henry Big Boy large lever carbine in 44 magnum. I don't own any of those...but if I win the lottery... :) 

Pat...

The super blackhawk in the bottom left is interesting.   To my knowledge Ruger never offered the square backed "Dragoon" grip frame and the 4-5/8" barrel together.    I suspect that is custom ... I had a 7-1/2 inch barreled gun cut down like that back in the 80s only mine was blued.   Interesting thing ... that appears to be a S&W red ramp front sight, not a Ruger offering.   Cool gun.

MIB

MIB,

Mag-na-port did a small run of them way back, always liked them. Called a Ruger Super Blackhawk Tomahawk, 44 mag. Besides bein' mag na ported, it was supposed to have been gone over an refined.

Pat...

Image result for mag-na-port ruger super blackhawk tomahawk 44 magImage result for mag-na-port ruger super blackhawk tomahawk 44 mag

wm_1923985.jpg

Edited by PBeaton

• 1 month later...
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic

Last week two guys were out on the Kenai Peninsula on snow machines. The guy in the lead got tangled up in some alders and broke a belt.  While fixing it, a big grizz in his den nearby wakes up pissed off! The bear emerged and came straight at them. Luckily his buddy was parked next to him facing down hill. The broke down guy jumps on and they got away. They went home and got tags and rifles and went back the next day. When they got back the bear charged them again and they shot it. It was a 9.5 footer w/ 27.5" skull and 15 years old.

8BEEF295-BC8D-4BA5-BDF2-DA4F017DEEBD.jpeg

12 hours ago, Huntster said:

Last week two guys were out on the Kenai Peninsula on snow machines. The guy in the lead got tangled up in some alders and broke a belt.  While fixing it, a big grizz in his den nearby wakes up pissed off! The bear emerged and came straight at them. Luckily his buddy was parked next to him facing down hill. The broke down guy jumps on and they got away. They went home and got tags and rifles and went back the next day. When they got back the bear charged them again and they shot it. It was a 9.5 footer w/ 27.5" skull and 15 years old.

8BEEF295-BC8D-4BA5-BDF2-DA4F017DEEBD.jpeg

Sounds like they were lucky to get away the first time!  :o

Well, the guy who was stuck was really lucky to get away, and come to think about it, the other guy either had electric start on his sno-go, or he was yanking on that cord pretty quickly. Was it me, it would have been an attempted handgun defense. I carry a 44 mag in a very secure holster attached to my snowmobile handlebars, mostly for angry moose who would rather fight than give up the trail. 

• 1 month later...

We ain't got them bad boys (grizz) here in Ole GA.... But if we did I'd be breaking in a new G20 sure nough!!! Been thinking about it anyway, I'm not really sure if my 629 can put a bigfoot hard down?? Some times just before dark thirty when I'm using my foxpro thinking about a bigfoot coming in, it hits me. Am I crazzzzy doing this?