45 acp vs 10mm

norseman

2 hours ago, Shooter said:

We ain't got them bad boys (grizz) here in Ole GA.... But if we did I'd be breaking in a new G20 sure nough!!! Been thinking about it anyway, I'm not really sure if my 629 can put a bigfoot hard down?? Some times just before dark thirty when I'm using my foxpro thinking about a bigfoot coming in, it hits me. Am I crazzzzy doing this?

When Im bear calling I worry more about Griz than anything else. Unlike AK they get a tad upset if you have to shoot one down here.

They trapped this one close to my hunting area but in Idaho.

6F06D46F-2D59-4F17-AB4B-DC0FAEBF68A5.jpeg

352A6E89-BE90-4546-833C-6C620992C651.jpeg

Smith & Wesson again offering my personal favorite revolver, the 610. An N frame chambered in 10mm.

Have I mentioned what a fan I am of auto-cartridges in a double-action revolver? Moon clips make for easiest, fastest loading possible, and ensure positive extraction.

And the bonus of safely firing .40 S&W. What's not to love?

15 minutes ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Smith & Wesson again offering my personal favorite revolver, the 610. An N frame chambered in 10mm.

Have I mentioned what a fan I am of auto-cartridges in a double-action revolver? Moon clips make for easiest, fastest loading possible, and ensure positive extraction.

And the bonus of safely firing .40 S&W. What's not to love?

I wish for a 44 mag revolver with a picatinny light rail built into the frame. I turned my 1911 into a 460 Rowland and put a plastic grip and rail on it.

Revolvers go boom six times every time.

BFF Patron

I ran into a reference to the 50 Magnum Smith and Wesson hand gun.      Talk about a hand cannon.    I suspect you empty the gun into something then go get your hand fixed.   

Edited by SWWASAS

My indoor range doesn't rent them 500sw revolvers anymore!! I've seen too many folks get  smacked by the bbl betwix the eyes on recoil...

BFF Patron

The article I read had that as the top of the most powerful commercially available handguns in the world.    They discussed the top 5 and the development of each one.   Some are custom and use custom made ammo.     So the custom ones just got honorable mention.  I think the range I use has them on their list of prohibited weapons.    They don't want a stray round to find its way out of the range.   Sounds like the round would be a good choice to use in a long guide gun to take down big stuff.