A Plan For Presenting Sasquatch To Science

hiflier

BFF Patron
1 hour ago, Cotter said:

Hmmmm......what are you basing that assertion on?

Are you claiming that BF's elusiveness is comparable to say, a deer?  A bear? 

Good point.   Someone who would think them equivalent has certainly never had encounters with BF.     If you do it right you can walk right up to a deer.   Bears will tolerate some human contact as long as they do not feel you a threat or have a cub with them.  

Agreed, I don't think one even needs to have an encounter to understand that (add 'if BF is real' caveat here) it isn't as simple as just going out to the woods and finding one.

[Caveat here again] - There is something unique about this species - physically, socially, or economically - that keeps discovery/disclosure at bay.

1 hour ago, Cotter said:

[Caveat here again] - There is something unique about this species - physically, socially, or economically - that keeps discovery/disclosure at bay.

There could be more to it, but our arrogance is adequate.   We simply cannot get our collective heads around the idea that something could be outsmarting us.   As long as we insist on underestimating what they can do, or overestimating our own superiority, we doom ourselves to failure except by sheer accident.   I'm less and less convinced of the "woo" all the time as I learn more and understand more about what is possible with normal biology combined with intelligence and innate paranoia.  

It seems weird to me that even the people who say "yep" to that and nod wisely turn right around and ignore what they just agreed to when it comes time to put boots to the ground.   I don't get that.

MIB

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Could it be that a species that has had to avoid us or our ancestors for 20,000 or 30,000 years to avoid being killed has learned a lot from the experience?   It seems that their prime directive is avoid human contact.  We are certainly more frightening to them with firearms than we were before with spears and arrows.   I get the felling that NA had more contact than we of European descent.   We showed up totting firearms and shot anything that scared us.  Certainly the diseases we brought must have decimated their population just like the NA.  .  

• Upvote 1

I'm not comfortable with that.  It's hard to put my finger on, but it misses something critical.   It is somehow wrapped up in the idea that for such absolute avoidance to be the rule, we'd have to be reinforcing the need via deliberate, organized action, not the incidental act of a few bozos taking pot shots.    Anything that big, that organized, we'd know we were doing it.   We don't.   So .. we aren't.   I have to conclude the answer lies elsewhere.    Not sure where, but not there.

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I have one conspiracy theory that explains the large skeletons found buried in the Mound country of Ohio and may explain the distrust of BF for humans.  .    The large possible BF skeletons were buried in a manner that suggests that they had fought alongside the NA in the Mound Culture against a common enemy.    The enemy might have been the Mayans that had pushed North.   Mayans kill or enslave their enemies.    While the Mound NA may have been conquered and enslaved,   I cannot imagine the small Mayan warriors enslaving BF.   It is likely BF scattered until the Mayans withdrew and went back south.  Could it be that the Mayan invasion is part of the BF oral history and reason for distrust of humans?   

I find it incredible that US archaeologists will travel to South America or Egypt to study their cultures when the Mound Culture has been largely ignored.    It seems to me that the Smithsonian started examining the Mound Culture in the 1800s  then found something that really bothered them.   I suspect conflicts with religious beliefs which were prevalent at the time.  The problem could even have been the presumed BF skeletons found buried in the area.    Anytime those have been found, the Smithsonian shows up, boxes the find, and they disappear.,  with the Smithsonian claiming they were not collected.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MIB said:

I'm not comfortable with that.  It's hard to put my finger on, but it misses something critical.   It is somehow wrapped up in the idea that for such absolute avoidance to be the rule, we'd have to be reinforcing the need via deliberate, organized action, not the incidental act of a few bozos taking pot shots.    Anything that big, that organized, we'd know we were doing it.   We don't.   So .. we aren't.   I have to conclude the answer lies elsewhere.    Not sure where, but not there.

MIB

Agreed MIB, I think one of my first topics I started on the BFF was about this very issue.  If there is such a fear of humans, what caused it?   It was not ingrained as recently as European invasion.   Was it the Native Americans upon their arrival?   Who knows????

BFF Patron

Well if one can believe some of the supposed habituators,   they can just ask their resident BF what is going on with human avoidance and get the answer in English.    It could be that after thousands of years of contact with humans they just decided it was best for them to stay away from us.   Even the Native Americans had to have been a disease vector for BF.   We now know that Europeans found North America long before Columbus did.     As soon at that happened, the NA paid the price with diseases they had no natural immunity against.  

I remember one of the few dreams I have had about BF.     In the dream I found a BF settlement, and was invited into the settlement.   I asked the young female BF who introduced me to the clan why they did not like their picture taken.    The answer in the dream was that "It was not permitted".    There is more to the dream that involved the male clan leader but it is X rated and I cannot talk about it here.    My question in the dream was who does not permit things or lays down the law that all are expected to follow.    

Edited by SWWASAS

This "permitting" ... requires a species-wide governing body, a command structure.    Even **we** don't have that on a global scale.   Consider the implications ...

MIB

BFF Patron

Like I said it was a dream, or at least I think it was a dream.   Not permitted seems to imply some sort of higher power.   The other part of the dream that I just remembered was that I asked them if BF were extra terrestrial.    The dominant male approached me,   sort of snorted in disgust, and said,  we aren't, you are.   

On 7/3/2018 at 3:24 PM, NessieRider said:

If one is to believe the reports then I don't care if Bigfoot is the Champion of hide and seek, his confirmation should take about 48 hrs. 

Did you really ride Nessie? How long did it take to find her, or him?

7 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Like I said it was a dream, or at least I think it was a dream.   Not permitted seems to imply some sort of higher power.   The other part of the dream that I just remembered was that I asked them if BF were extra terrestrial.    The dominant male approached me,   sort of snorted in disgust, and said,  we aren't, you are.   

If there was X rated stuff with a Alpha male Squatch? You better hope so! Scratch that.....I think you would know right away!

;)

BFF Patron

One of the people who claim to be habituators and claim to communicate with them  say that you cannot believe anything they say.   They seem to contradict themselves all the time. Now I find that interesting.    Either the humans involved do not have a good handle on things or the BF cannot be trusted.    Perhaps both are true.  One hears all of these NA stories about BF being cannibals.   That has to have a element of truth in it because the stories are wide spread with various tribes.  That said,  interaction with something that may decide to see how good you taste makes me very wary.  

Norseman what I was referring to without saying it is behavior common in zoo chimpanzees who throw stuff at zoo visitors.  Perhaps that was why I dreamed it.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Admin
19 minutes ago, dmannock said:

It seems that many special ops soldiers equipped with high velocity automatic weapons have been killed according to reports.....

Please elaborate....

Thanks!