A Plan For Presenting Sasquatch To Science

hiflier

17 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Oh. but I do get it, Twist. The picture is very clear. If skeptics are not here to help with something positive then just why are they around and why around for so long basically saying the same thing over and over and over for YEARS here.

I rest my case. Because I get it. It also gives a platform (an excuse if you will) for interrupting every thread, every train of thought, every endeavor to advance to an answer, and every effort in the field bring in evidence without it being called a just a story. But then you are smart, Twist, I shouldn't have to explain this to you. You don't want to see the skeptic methodology? Fine have it your way but it changes nothing regarding skeptics having an agenda.

And the agenda, for whatever reason it exists, creates constant disruption and diversion from any thread's topic.  This thread is about an extremely important and sensitive issue and what it has ended up being is chaos. And you say I'M the one not getting it? There is a pattern going on here and it is time that folks to wake up to it. The same two or three people show up out of the woodwork and start in tearing at a thread and the members that engage in it until it is a complete derailed wreck from what it started out to be. Why is that? Why does that happen EVERY time? Same people? A pattern? A methodology? You betcha it is.

This isn't my problem. It is the Forum's problem. But it never gets righted so one has to wonder. 

1 hour ago, Twist said:

No offense Hiflier but I don’t think you get it.   

I agree with Twist.

Hiflier

They have been looking for proof just like the rest of us. Some of us have found that proof in our own ways that fit right in our own manner of proof. They only ask for that proof that some of us have already have found. Even though we might not be able to show them this proof that some of us have found they have not denied us of it. We are fighting what they are asking for that we at this moment cannot provide. We are making an argument of a creature that some of us know that exist but are unable to provide the proof to show them they exist. So the platform is already been in place for this argument of a creature that science declares a myth. We cannot change this until we confirm this with a body.

I fully understand what you are saying. But it has nothing to do with the methodology of skeptics coming onto a thread and breaking it. Things gradually end up targeting and focusing on individual members and away from the topic. I lodge my complaint about that and the focus goes to me and even further from the topic and it becomes a useless exercise where now I am the one to blame? Not on your life! I asked numerous times for the focus to be on the thread's topic and was ignored as the thread sank deeper and deeper into areas that have NOTHING to do with the OP. It happens every time and is initiated by the same people. Next thing you know anyone coming onto later pages don't even know what the topic even is. It is a pattern that is all to prevalent and serves no purpose except one. Disrupting dialogue.

But according to the skeptics I am the only one who is not getting it. I see them for what they are and what they consistently do which is wreck threads. The more critical the subject the worse the problem becomes. Sometimes it happens the disruptions happen gradually and they happen fast but they ALWAYS happen. Why is it that a thread cannot seem to be left alone without being diverted into some kind of character focus on one or more individuals and off the subject matter? Could some please explain that to me?

• Upvote 1

Shadow you’ve forced me to ask you a question; as either a knower or habituator (I don’t know how you like to called.

Why can’t a single one of you back up your claims with proof?

See.ShadowBorn, Now you are the focus. Once again not on topic. Squatchy says they don't exist so he could easily answer is own rhetorical question. But instead he has decided to pick on you instead. This kind of thing happens no matter what the topic of discussion starts out to be. It always gets diverted in this manner. I rest my case. But I will still continue to call the kettles black every chance I get. Especially where this thread is concerned because no matter how much I ask about keeping to the topic they won't do it. Why not?

Edited by hiflier

Hiflier,  probably close to half the replies in the last few pages are you engaging the skeptics.  You have to at least admit you have a hand in the thread disruption.   You can claim it’s in an effort to combat this but two kids screaming on a school bus is still two disruptive kids despite who yelled first.

• Upvote 3

Hiflier

Believe me I do not want to be the focus of this discussion or have people focus on me at all. I was just trying to help just like Twist was and a few others were. That's all. None of us have proof or maybe some of us do and are just no willing to share that proof with the rest of the world. As you can see by what is going on here in this discussion it is not helping your cause much. I can care less whether people want to hear what I have to say in this matter. All I can say is that I have a lot of respect for all the members who sign up on this forum. We all want to know what the truth is about these creatures and arguing about it is not going to help your effort of what you or I are trying to accomplish. It will take all of us to figure this out. As we all can see that this is not an easy task. Rather then focusing on why skeptics keep engaging in arguments of why they do not exist we should be focusing on how to bring this creature into existence. Some of us already know they do but the question remains do they still exist in the now. This is where our focus should be. :)     

Shadow you’ve forced me to ask you a question; as either a knower or habituator (I don’t know how you like to called.

Why can’t a single one of you back up your claims with proof?

S.M.

I do not consider my self either since my encounters do not happen on a regular basis. Now I can only speak for myself onto why I have not been able to back up my claim with proof of a clear picture . The reason is I have not been given the opportunity of being able to get a clear shot of one. But the real reason is I have not really tried as much as I have said I would. I really do not even want to get that proof for fear of loosing of what I have gained in the years of my encounters. The encounters will stay with me for ever like a long lost love. You can call me what ever and I really do not care. But those memories are more then the memories of my childhood. Unless you experience it your self you will never understand. Yes, I did put up with a lot of ridicule and yes it made me angry but I have learned to push through it. I do not blame you for what you do and I would be the same if I did not have my own sightings. To get to the truth takes harsh words and you have had some. I have no regrets. I hope that this helps.. Again my own opinion. :) 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

But it never gets righted so one has to wonder. 

Do you see conspiracies in all things in life?

Twist, I do not 'claim' it is an effort. It IS an effort. And you are not helping matters. Now let me see, by my count that makes THREE skeptics off topic and pulling off others with them. The Topic, if anyone cares to discuss it is "A Plan For Presenting Sasquatch To Science". I also mentioned having a discussion about coming up with various ideas for doing that. Even if one doesn't believe Sasquatch exists formulating an idea is still possible. That puts the discussion on a positive track instead of where this thread has devolved.

That suggestion for coming up with ideas was a positive way to continue on the topic and it still is should anyone choose to do so. Unless of course the goal is to NOT find a way to move forward on the subject of Bigfoot vs. science. I would think that it would be an important facet of being proactive outside of field research. Is this not true? There are a myriad of institutions in academia all across North America and beyond that have scientist in various fields related to animals that share common elements with a Sasquatch. Formulating ways to present the subject right now is unexplored territory. This thread is to show that something is in the works, and actually has been for a while now, because of taking a pro active approach with academia to see the response. It may be discovered that there is a narrow field in which the subject would be best presented. But if the action isn't taken to find that field then the Sasquatch subject will be left in the realm of the paranormal in its worst definition.

This topic is an important one and so some serious discussion would be appreciated and positive rather than a watered down question like "So, why don't you think there is no evidence?" which is inherently negative. I mean shouldn't new members at least be able to see that there are people who really do work at finding a solution to get science involved? In the years that I have been here I have not seen a definitive plan except once or twice by anyone outside of checking out the woods. Personally, I think there is a lot that can be done if members can just spend some time with the idea of HOW to move ahead.

18 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Do you see conspiracies in all things in life?

Are you really so bent on your distraction agenda? Do you not want to stay on topic? Yes or No.   

5 hours ago, hiflier said:

As it is you all look and sound rather desperate and quite frankly, a bit unhinged

LOL. Says the conspiracy theory nutjob.

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

S.M.

I do not consider my self either since my encounters do not happen on a regular basis. Now I can only speak for myself onto why I have not been able to back up my claim with proof of a clear picture . The reason is I have not been given the opportunity of being able to get a clear shot of one. But the real reason is I have not really tried as much as I have said I would. I really do not even want to get that proof for fear of loosing of what I have gained in the years of my encounters. The encounters will stay with me for ever like a long lost love. You can call me what ever and I really do not care. But those memories are more then the memories of my childhood. Unless you experience it your self you will never understand. Yes, I did put up with a lot of ridicule and yes it made me angry but I have learned to push through it. I do not blame you for what you do and I would be the same if I did not have my own sightings. To get to the truth takes harsh words and you have had some. I have no regrets. I hope that this helps.. Again my own opinion. :) 

Shadow thank you for your response to my question. Believe it or not I appreciate your candor.

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

Twist, I do not 'claim' it is an effort. It IS an effort. And you are not helping matters. Now let me see, by my count that makes THREE skeptics off topic and pulling off others with them. The Topic, if anyone cares to discuss it is "A Plan For Presenting Sasquatch To Science". I also mentioned having a discussion about coming up with various ideas for doing that. Even if one doesn't believe Sasquatch exists formulating an idea is still possible. That puts the discussion on a positive track instead of where this thread has devolved.

That suggestion for coming up with ideas was a positive way to continue on the topic and it still is should anyone choose to do so. Unless of course the goal is to NOT find a way to move forward on the subject of Bigfoot vs. science. I would think that it would be an important facet of being proactive outside of field research. Is this not true? There are a myriad of institutions in academia all across North America and beyond that have scientist in various fields related to animals that share common elements with a Sasquatch. Formulating ways to present the subject right now is unexplored territory. This thread is to show that something is in the works, and actually has been for a while now, because of taking a pro active approach with academia to see the response. It may be discovered that there is a narrow field in which the subject would be best presented. But if the action isn't taken to find that field then the Sasquatch subject will be left in the realm of the paranormal in its worst definition.

This topic is an important one and so some serious discussion would be appreciated and positive rather than a watered down question like "So, why don't you think there is no evidence?" which is inherently negative. I mean shouldn't new members at least be able to see that there are people who really do work at finding a solution to get science involved? In the years that I have been here I have not seen a definitive plan except once or twice by anyone outside of checking out the woods. Personally, I think there is a lot that can be done if members can just spend some time with the idea of HOW to move ahead.

Are you really so bent on your distraction agenda? Do you not want to stay on topic? Yes or No.   

Hiflier the only derailing I see is you trying to control the discussion.

• Upvote 1

The discussion as it is set up in the OP has been hijacked. To ask participants to please (for the third or fourth time!) address the OP is not unreasonable. That is not derailing a topic. It is asking for adherence to it. Can you even come close to understanding such a simple request as that? Maybe not since you are still aiming at me. More of the very obvious diversionary tactics that I have been pointing out. So, again, TOPIC, please.

I received a correspondence from a natural museum curator who, while not dismissing my presentation regarding shoulder span ratios wanted time to think things through before answering. I have corresponded to a few academics on the matter. Waiting to hear back from a couple of others but one was interested enough to understand the issue and so I sent along the stabilized version of the PGF that included some walk-away frames. I will only do that if someone shows interest in the problem of shoulder span ratios. That was just last week.

Thank you for asking, Patterson-Gimlin. I sincerely hope this thread can now stay on the course it was meant to follow and some discussion regarding additional ideas for moving the BF subject further ahead can be proposed. It was on a pretty tough road there for a while. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 3

No offense intended to Hiflier, swas, and other proponents,  but just handed out several plusses to Twist, Dmaker, Squatchy, and their ilk.

If you don't like that, step up to the plate and deliver more than anecdotes and derision to anyone mentioning the king's lack of clothing.

• Upvote 2