International Bigfoot Conf. 8/31-9/2 2018 Kennewick, WA

Arvedis

https://www.internationalbigfootconference.com

Thinking of going this year since I will be in that area.  Has anyone ever gone?  What are your impressions?  To me It seems to be standard BF conference activity with the usual speaker list. 

I have been to a few conferences and they are all pretty similar.  If you like networking and chatting then it is worth it. I am told they will have a few new films to show so that could be interesting.

Edited by Arvedis

I would like to go to that one but the timing is awful.   That is the most active time in the woods for bigfoot activity in my area.  Somewhere in the ballpark of 75-90% of the full year's reports come frome the last week of August through Labor Day weekend.  Here it is time to be out DOING the research, not sitting in a convention hall TALKING about the research.  

MIB

• Upvote 2

Yes, I was thinking just the fact that it is a holiday weekend makes the travel inconvenient. If I can't score reasonable accommodations I'll probably abandon the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
BFF Patron

I have been to two events here.   Both have different sponsors and the climate entirely different.   I could not find a list of the organizers in the event you posted.     You are right about they are pretty much the same in that often the speakers are the same.      There are several hotels and restaurants within walking distance.  I will wait until the speakers list to decide if I want to attend.   Some rarely change their programs.    Yawn!!!   Other than the longer drive,  this conference is less expensive lodging wise,  than the one at Ocean Shores.  

• 4 weeks later...

I went last year and it was my first conference. I had a blast. I'm going again this year too. I don't have much to compare it to because I had never gone to one before but I enjoyed almost all the speakers and loved hanging out in the vendor's area and picked up a foot cast. I'm not super familiar with some of the speakers that are going to be there this year but I know Seth Breedlove and enjoy his movies so I'm looking forward to seeing him and Lyle Blackburn. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...