Fostech Origin 12

norseman

BFF Patron

Wow that will be prohibited in WA shortly.    Speaking of weapons, I just saw a fairly recent movie on Netflix.   "Wind River"     Good movie.     About a government hunter, in Wyoming, who gets involved in a murder investigation on an Indian reservation.   He uses his tracking skills to solve the murder.    The big ending involved the use of his Guide Gun.    If the bad guys flying back when hit was anything like real,   it shows how powerful those weapons would be with grizzly.   Good movie entertainment for outdoors people.  

Nice looking and performing weapon, but with a starting price of $2,700 it's a bit rich for my budget.

On another note, I see Magnum Research has two .45/70 revolvers in their BFR (Biggest, Finest Revolver) lineup Norse, just the companion for your Guide Gun.

https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/magnum-research/pistols/bfr/

I haven't seen a .45/70 revolver since Elmer Keith reviewed one in, I believe, American Handgunner Magazine back in around '76. It was a monster with an exotic alloyed bronze frame from a new manufacturer. Don't recall ever hearing anything else about it after that.

The only drawback to the BFR, from my experience is that they come with rubber grips. As a fan of Pachmayr rubber grips on double action revolvers and my Ruger Mark I Target, they were the first accessory I added to the 7.5" Super Blackhawk .44 Mag I bought in 1980. They stayed on for exactly 12 rounds of full power 240 gr. SJHP! With the single action trying to roll up in recoil and the rubber grips working to prevent it, the result was a blister about 1.5" across on the palm of my right hand. As soon as I got home, the OEM wood grips were re-installed. 

Edited by Airdale
Additional infromation

On 6/18/2018 at 11:56 AM, SWWASAS said:

Wow that will be prohibited in WA shortly.    Speaking of weapons, I just saw a fairly recent movie on Netflix.   "Wind River"     Good movie.     About a government hunter, in Wyoming, who gets involved in a murder investigation on an Indian reservation.   He uses his tracking skills to solve the murder.    The big ending involved the use of his Guide Gun.    If the bad guys flying back when hit was anything like real,   it shows how powerful those weapons would be with grizzly.   Good movie entertainment for outdoors people.  

Decent "I have nothing to do" movie.