Anyone view sasquatch from a spotting scope?

Wolfjewel

I am wondering, are there are any reports of someone seeing a sasquatch in a spotting scope? or even binoculars? (I think probably binocs have been used.) If you have a sighting in a spotting scope you can observe from a distance without being noticed, usually, and take in a creature's activities without affecting them with your scent or your presence. Maybe not possible with sas, but I really am curious if there has been a report, and how that differs from those seen with the naked eye.

Have seen them through a starlight scope not twenty thirty yards from me though. The two I seen was one that was swaying back and forth real slow and the other one was by the left side of the larger one that was in a stance ready to boogey out of there.  There was not no moon  but I was able to see them like shadows except for the larger one. It was facing towards me and swaying and I was unable to see any features on it since there was no moon.  It was dark and big and fat and could not tell if it was a male or female.

I recall a report/sightin' where the individual was up on a ridge lookin' down onto a clearin', where there were two or three sasquatches play fightin', can recall if viewed through binoculars. 

• 1 month later...

Norseman, a man came forward claiming he was the hiker in the snow.  He said he was on that mountain that month (June) hiking alone, and the snow had melted and packed down and was easy to walk on.

I saw a sasquatch through binoculars a year ago.  I wish I had seen it through a spotting scope which would be a lot more powerful.  

Thanks to those who posted about long distance sightings thru lenses. Shadow, where did you have your starlight sighting?

The Mission B.C. Sighting is especially interesting because the creature seems to be undisturbed and acting naturally. Not likely to be a hoax that far away from viewer, IMO. But is it CGI? Don't know if anyone analysed it. So, a real Bigfoot?

Jayjeti, I appreciate your sharing about the snowfield image. Hard to tell if, when a person comes forward to say "That's me," whether it's the truth or a mistake on their part. 

Anyway, keep the sightings coming if you hear of one. When I watched wolves in Yellowstone seeing behavior from a scope gave a window into their world more naturally than a closer encounter when they are reacting to you.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:55 AM, Wolfjewel said:

I am wondering, are there are any reports of someone seeing a sasquatch in a spotting scope? or even binoculars? (I think probably binocs have been used.) If you have a sighting in a spotting scope you can observe from a distance without being noticed, usually, and take in a creature's activities without affecting them with your scent or your presence. Maybe not possible with sas, but I really am curious if there has been a report, and how that differs from those seen with the naked eye.

Just as the sun was setting tucked away in a deep valley on a cold December day, I'd watched a Bigfoot standing up near a peak for at five minutes with my binoculars. Had grayish hair as the last remaining sun was shining on the Bigfoot. It was looking out over the valley below very peacefully. Have a video and photo of a Bigfoot from the same area, not too sure if it's the same Bigfoot though. The video was taken in December but a few years later from when I was watching with binoculars as they come down from the crest of the Sierra's to where this spot is on the south facing side of the Eastern Sierra's, almost like clockwork.

So that you can bring a myth to reality! Everytime you watch a Bigfoot walk down the ridge like clockwork? Your watching one of the greatest discoveries of mankind just walk away! 

If shooting one in that kind of terrain coming down from a ridge at binocular distance was the plan then it must be a solidly planned operation to guarantee securing the body. One would be keeping a sharp eye on the kill site and sending a drone to over fly the scene and get the GPS coordinates of the body while at the same time keeping an eye on it so it doesn't disappear. Then the team- with the GPS coordinates- takes off to retrieve the specimen while the spotter and drone pilot maintain vigilance. This is to report to the team the presence of any other creatures that may show up in the area for whatever reason. If they take the body the drone can hopefully follow their route. But the team needs to be equipped for the terrain as far as extracting the body and or dealing with other individuals that may show up.

In all cases the exercise will neither be easy nor lack danger. And that is only the beginning.........because after securing the specimen, then what? Any plan needs to be fully thought out from beginning to end which would include delivery of the body to a trusted facility for research. That facility shuld be set up in advance so that it can be prepared to conduct the study without delay and not just place the creature in a queue to be studied later. Because as you say, Norseman, it would be one of the greatest discoveries of mankind.

• Upvote 1

Nothing never goes as one plans. It always happens unplanned and this is just the jiff of it when it comes down with these creatures. We can come up with the best played out plan and murphy will screw the whole plan right up. It is like these creatures know what we are up too and will lay back knowing our intentions. Their encounters are chance encounters and the best way to prepare for them is not to prepare for them if you can understand what I mean. If it happens then let it happen and just be prepared for when it happens with out planning for it.

Wolfjewel

My sighting through the starlight took placed in the Huron National Forest back in 2000 and it was four of us who all had encountered some form of activity by them. All I can say is that it was the wildest weekend of encounters we had in the fall I had at that time. Since then I have had more. The larger one was swaying side to side while the smaller one to it's left (my right) was in a position of either trying to run back into the woods when I looked at it through the starlight. All I can say is that it was just way to amazing. We did have our guns but the one guy who was with us was way to close to the big one and I was concern for safety.  There were three of them, but I only seen two and the other guy seen the other one of the big one's right ( his left ). We did capture one running back into the woods on thermo and I have tried to put it on my computer but no luck. All you can see is the creature fading into the bush and it is was fast. After wards we all felt very weird and we had no understanding why. It might have been from the excitement of what we had just encountered. All I can say is that we were very excited when we posted here on this forum back then in 2000. It is hard to explain the rush one gets seeing these things up close and you just want more and more of it. So you tend to loose the danger they may have towards you due to that rush. You tend to loose your rational thinking and this even happens after the encounter. I hope this helps. So yes, this is my most honest opinion.

Edited by ShadowBorn

• 1 month later...

Interesting.  Most people I know don't use spotting scopes; even experienced hunters.  I think it is because in the PNW there is so much cover.  Anyway, once; actually twice; a Forest Service Law Enforcement Officer told me he watched an old mine shaft entrance up the Clackamas maybe 30 miles from Estacada with his spotting scope.  He would not tell me exactly where, but I figured it out, I think.  Anyway, he also said he used to watch "me" / "us" with it until he was convinced we were not working a "plantation."  I have his name.  After he retired h gave me a story to put into The Oregon Bigfoot Highway.