Sign in to follow this  
hiflier

Patty's Walking Style

hiflier
BFF Donor

A lot of discussion has been about Patty's way of walking. Things like lateral knee movement, a high lower leg lift angle at the end of a step sequence, toes flexing upwards just before the foot is planted, and a compliant gait in which she walks with bent knees, etc.. So this thread is all about those things but maybe coming from a different viewpoint. The question I have revolves around why she walked the way she did. I mean beyond the comment that well, she walked that way because she HAD to, My curiosity is more regarding WHY she had to walk that way. I am proposing that her walking style was a function of foot length. With a foot size of about 14.5 inches I have been wondering that in order for her toes to have enough ground clearance to move forward into the next step she may have had to have a higher rear leg lift angle. Thoughts?   

Squatchy McSquatch

This has been covered many times in many threads.

• Upvote 2

norseman
BFF Donor
15 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

This has been covered many times in many threads.

Its kinda like Elk camp....if ya dont like the grub?

Better tie on a apron. 

• Upvote 1

Twist
7 hours ago, norseman said:

Its kinda like Elk camp....if ya dont like the grub?

Better tie on a apron. 

Speaking of Elk, Michigan is celebrating it’s 100h year of the re-introduction of Elk to our great state!   Thinking of taking a bike ride this fall up the NE part of the state and try and catch a glimpse.   Never seen an elk in the wild.

• Upvote 2

NatFoot
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, Twist said:

Speaking of Elk, Michigan is celebrating it’s 100h year of the re-introduction of Elk to our great state!   Thinking of taking a bike ride this fall up the NE part of the state and try and catch a glimpse.   Never seen an elk in the wild.

Spent 13 years in Michigan and I don't think I knew that.

Seeing my first elk in the wild in CO was something I won't forget. Can't wait to head up to RMNP during the rut (we missed it by a week or so last year).

Twist
33 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Spent 13 years in Michigan and I don't think I knew that.

Seeing my first elk in the wild in CO was something I won't forget. Can't wait to head up to RMNP during the rut (we missed it by a week or so last year).

I knew the UP had elk but it was rather recent news to me that they have a decent population in the NE part of the LP.   They’ve been talking about it on the radio a lot recently.  

Now if only we we could reestablish the Wolverine population.  

norseman
BFF Donor

We have a small herd of Woodland Caribou here too. Never seen one. I think the Wolves are eating them all now.

Squatchy McSquatch

I’ve got an albino possum with no tail living in my backyard.

norseman
BFF Donor
12 hours ago, hiflier said:

A lot of discussion has been about Patty's way of walking. Things like lateral knee movement, a high lower leg lift angle at the end of a step sequence, toes flexing upwards just before the foot is planted, and a compliant gait in which she walks with bent knees, etc.. So this thread is all about those things but maybe coming from a different viewpoint. The question I have revolves around why she walked the way she did. I mean beyond the comment that well, she walked that way because she HAD to, My curiosity is more regarding WHY she had to walk that way. I am proposing that her walking style was a function of foot length. With a foot size of about 14.5 inches I have been wondering that in order for her toes to have enough ground clearance to move forward into the next step she may have had to have a higher rear leg lift angle. Thoughts?   

Since we are here, and Squatchy is right, this has been covered before. Would a more powerful question be? 

Do we see the compliant style gait in any other Bigfoot films? While age or size could be a variable. We should expect to see this gait in others of her own species?

If the PGF is a hoax, then I would think that with different suits and different humans in them? No two gaits would be the same.

• Upvote 1

guyzonthropus
BFF Donor

I only know with my knee arthritis walking with a compliant gait lessens overall knee pain on longer walks or traversing hills (up or down), and relatively in line walking does as well. I've been doing this for years, in combination. You can get going at a pretty dang good clip going downhill in such  a manner and then extending one's stride as well and you're cruising!

hiflier
BFF Donor
1 hour ago, norseman said:

Since we are here, and Squatchy is right, this has been covered before

Yes that's true but I was curious mostly about the high angled leg lift. As a kid trying to walk in swim fins the walking technique was hardly as graceful as Patty's LOL. But I did have to elevate my back leg more than normal in order to clear the front of the of the swim fin so it wouldn't contact the ground. At the end of the step the fin would flex at my toes like a glorified (in a not-so-glorified manner) mid-tarsal break. But only an exaggerated rear leg lift would get the fin out front without me tripping over it. So my question is does Patty's 14 1/2" foot require an exaggerated (for a Human) leg lift for her toes to clear the ground? When Humans walk in Gorilla or Sasquatch costumes I do not see them doing this, i.e. Hieronimus.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Do we see the compliant style gait in any other Bigfoot films? While age or size could be a variable. We should expect to see this gait in others of her own species?

Good point.

Edited by hiflier

norseman
BFF Donor

Your suppose to walk backwards with swim fins! ;)

While Patty has 14.5 inch feet? I do not think her feet are disporportionate to her body. You lifted your legs higher because the fins made yer feet disproportionate to your body. If your over 7 feet tall? You would not think your feet were big and would walk normally......just like Shaq does.

This may open a can o worms. But just like the mid tarsal break showing archaic feet when compared to a human arch? There could be other archaic traits....such as the hip joints not being as modern as ours. Also, she turns her whole body to look back versus simply turning the head. Very ape like. As well as the length of the arms. The compliant gait as we call it could simply be a earlier form of bipedal locomotion in Hominids. 

We know Homo Erectus walked like us. But earlier forms like Lucy while bipedal? Did not.

https://www.livescience.com/55388-homo-erectus-walked-like-humans.html

If Patty is real? I think she is exhibiting a earlier form of bipedalism. If she is a fake? Somebody did their homework of what a apeman might look like walking......

norseman
BFF Donor

But maybe more so than previously thought.

MIB
5 hours ago, norseman said:

A few years ago I was looking at Henner Fahrenbach's data relating height to track length and stirred in some info regarding weight per height based on models of bigfoot body shape.   My suspicion at the end is that bigfoot puts at least 4x the pressure (in other words, pounds per square inch of track surface) that we do.   That is necessary to account for the track depths compared to our track depths.    That, in turn, pretty much mandates a compliant gait to avoid bone breakage and tendon damage walking.   They simply CANNOT, from the standpoint of anatomy and physiology, walk with a stiff-legged gait like we do, they'll break themselves.   The compliant gait has other implications regarding strength of the thigh muscle, thus the bulk of the thigh muscles, needed to carry the weight without locking the joints.  

Everything we see regarding Patty is consistent from the standpoint of biology, anatomy/physiology, strengths of materials, etc with a real living entity of vast weight, not a man .. even a fat man .. in a suit.

MIB

• Upvote 1

hiflier
BFF Donor

aah, so she is NOT wearing swim fins then ;) J/K of course.

Sign in to follow this