Sign in to follow this  
hiflier

Patty's Walking Style

hiflier
BFF Donor

Comparing the distance between the elbow and hip joints of both subjects says a lot. too.

• Upvote 1

gigantor

I came across this gif which I have never seen before...

Walkingwithbigfoot.gif

• Upvote 1

Backdoc
BFF Donor

(a redirected point I made on the wrong thread)

Patty's Walk:

Patty and Jim McClarin or anyone else walks a certain distance in a certain time.  Patty walks whatever speed others have determined her to be walking.  That is, Patty walks some pace over some distance over some time.  She covers the ground she covers.  Instead of getting into stride length, foot angles, and the like, a man can either walk that distance in the same amount of time or not.  If not then Patty cannot be a man in a suit.  If they could, then the next Q is if they could do so while wearing some really bad ape suit (or even football equipment for that matter).   We then need to accept whatever outcome.  If a suited man could cover that distance in that time, it doesn't make patty a hoax but it verifies it is possible for patty to be  hoax.

There is memorial day footage of what some say is a bigfoot. (I don't).  Scientists tested the figure's run vs an elite Olympic runner repeating the same run.  If the runner could not run as fast over that ground as the 'bigfoot' in that footage, there is no way it could be a man in a suit.  As it turned out, the runner was able to easily do this making it possible for it to be a man in a suit.

It should be easy for discovery channel or whomever to test this.  The Stanford Walking Experiment would also be asked to test the speed of the walk vs just seeing if Pattys walk might be duplicated.  Have them instead take a person and walk as fast as patty covering that ground.  They can even pick a tall person like Jim McClarin who would be expected to have a longer stride.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 1

Twist
53 minutes ago, Backdoc said:

(a redirected point I made on the wrong thread)

Patty's Walk:

Patty and Jim McClarin or anyone else walks a certain distance in a certain time.  Patty walks whatever speed others have determined her to be walking.  That is, Patty walks some pace over some distance over some time.  She covers the ground she covers.  Instead of getting into stride length, foot angles, and the like, a man can either walk that distance in the same amount of time or not.  If not then Patty cannot be a man in a suit.  If they could, then the next Q is if they could do so while wearing some really bad ape suit (or even football equipment for that matter).   We then need to accept whatever outcome.  If a suited man could cover that distance in that time, it doesn't make patty a hoax but it verifies it is possible for patty to be  hoax.

There is memorial day footage of what some say is a bigfoot. (I don't).  Scientists tested the figure's run vs an elite Olympic runner repeating the same run.  If the runner could not run as fast over that ground as the 'bigfoot' in that footage, there is no way it could be a man in a suit.  As it turned out, the runner was able to easily do this making it possible for it to be a man in a suit.

It should be easy for discovery channel or whomever to test this.  The Stanford Walking Experiment would also be asked to test the speed of the walk vs just seeing if Pattys walk might be duplicated.  Have them instead take a person and walk as fast as patty covering that ground.  They can even pick a tall person like Jim McClarin who would be expected to have a longer stride.

The issue I believe we have with walking speed is not knowing which FPS the camera was set to when filming the PGF.   I have read that at 16fps then the walking speed would point to a non human.   If at 24 fps, which is what Patterson claims he normally shot at, it could would be at a human walking speed.   Patterson has stated he does not recall what speed the camera was set at during the PGF filming.

If you could verify the steps taken in the film with the stride as shown in photos and match the two I think it would go a long way in working out the possibility of a man in a suit.  Not sure that has been attempted or is even possible, I'd guess at best we'd get a WAG.

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

Last week I read a short piece about a man that noted Patty never looks down while she walks. He mentioned the uneven surface Patty walks on but noted she never looks down as she walks and keeps up a consistent steady pace. I know there was some debris scattered over the sandbar. Didn't Patty step right on a small twig/branch? She walks somewhat leaned over but never looks down at her feet; she's always looking forward. He also noted even when she looks back at Roger, she still doesn't look down as she turns back and continues on at the same steady pace. 

So the man decided to experiment to see if a person walking would be affected by wearing a gorilla mask. At outdoor wildlife expos, he got willing subjects, had them put on a pullover gorilla mask and had them walk briskly for 10-15 yards. He had some people as his audience that would watch them and note how often, if at all, they looked down while walking. 

The results were the subjects looked down an average of 3-5 times over the 10-15 yds. I don't recall any mention of the surface they walked on  and whether or not it was uneven. 

It's not what you would call scientific but the results were interesting. I haven't worn one lately but I would think a costume mask would interfere with your vision right below you, so it seems reasonable a person wearing a gorilla mask would have a tendency to keep looking down at their feet while walking.

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

This is in wiki: "Patterson clearly told John Green that he found, after the filming, that the camera was set on 18 frames per second (fps) . . . ."[162][163] 

The two sources cited are Grover Krantz and John Green themselves.

Some other comments: Rene Dahinden said the footage of the horses in the earlier part of the reel looked "jerky and unnatural" when ran at 24 fps. 

He was also one of the persons that tried having people walk rapidly over Patty's path and this was what he reported:  "None of us ... could walk that distance in 40 seconds [952 frames / 24 frame/s = 39.6 s], ... so I eliminated 24 frame/s."

Twist

It’s another mystery that surrounds the PGF.  The cameras themselves were known to be inaccurate on actual film speed compared to what the dials stated.

Rene’s statement is interesting,  do you have a link per chance? 

OkieFoot
BFF Donor
15 hours ago, gigantor said:

I came across this gif which I have never seen before...

Walkingwithbigfoot.gif

Gigantor, thanks for posting this. About 15 seconds in, there is a blurred closeup of her right arm and hand. I'm curious what it was trying show. My guess is something about the lower arm and/or hand.

The length of her arms are noticeable. 

gigantor
6 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

I'm curious what it was trying show.

It makes a fist for a second or two.

OkieFoot
BFF Donor
8 minutes ago, Twist said:

It’s another mystery that surrounds the PGF.  The cameras themselves were known to be inaccurate on actual film speed compared to what the dials stated.

Rene’s statement is interesting,  do you have a link per chance? 

Twist, I hope this works. It should open to the Wiki article about the Patterson Gimlin Film. About a third of the way down is the Film Speed section. Rene Dahinden's comments are towards the bottom of it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patterson–Gimlin_film

Squatchy McSquatch

I can walk with my head straight up and keep my eyes on the ground.

the excuses some of you make for Patty’s authenticity are truly embarrassing.

MIB
17 hours ago, OkieFoot said:

I'm curious what it was trying show.

I see a couple things.    1) The hand flex would make arm extensions even less probable.  2) The thumb is attached to the hand like ours, grasping, not flat in the plane with the fingers.

MIB

• Upvote 1

OkieFoot
BFF Donor
51 minutes ago, MIB said:

I see a couple things.    1) The hand flex would make arm extensions even less probable.  2) The thumb is attached to the hand like ours, grasping, not flat in the plane with the fingers.

MIB

In the early part of the GIF, at about the 8-9 second mark, right before the back and forth segment showing a close up of the buttocks, Patty's right hand either flexes at the wrist or the fingers are flexed at the knuckles. I can't quite tell which, though it looks like the whole hand. I think the palm of the hand is somewhat bent back and the fingers bent even more at the knuckles. The fingers for sure look parallel to the ground, even though the arm was swung to the back at an angle.

Later in the GIF, the fingers are not bent at the knuckles. Her hand and finger movements look natural and not mechanical.

Backdoc
BFF Donor
10 hours ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

I can walk with my head straight up and keep my eyes on the ground.

the excuses some of you make for Patty’s authenticity are truly embarrassing.

Can you do it with one eye on uneven unfamiliar ground?   

Seriously though, can you do it at the speed of Patty even without a suit?

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this