Sign in to follow this  
hiflier

Patty's Walking Style

Twist

BD,  Are there people still around that push the Bob H theory?   I thought the general consensus was that it was not Bob H.  I may however be confused and that is just my consensus.   And I’m talking in terms of the BFF.  I do not spend much time on other BF forums.  Just a little on reddit.  

Backdoc
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 0:55 PM, Twist said:

BD,  Are there people still around that push the Bob H theory?   I thought the general consensus was that it was not Bob H.  I may however be confused and that is just my consensus.   And I’m talking in terms of the BFF.  I do not spend much time on other BF forums.  Just a little on reddit.  

There might be a consensus of some sort here on the BFF.  As far as out there I say they think Bob H is the guy.   He is either the guy by name or that, "some guy confessed didn't he?" kinda guy.

Here is an example of that on this video (ironically with Morris needed someone to make him a suit):

See point         :55- ---> about  1:10 and then ...

10:59 ----> end of the video. (see esp 11:18 area of the video)

"That's Bigfoot......Bob Heironimus!"

Edited by Backdoc

Twist

No offense BD, but....on here, the bff, I only care about what the consensus is.   Not because this site represents the majority, but because only  members here can refute and oppose a statement/viewpoint. 

I'd venture a guess, as you did, that Bob H. is not a real option for Patty as far as the general consensus of the BFF goes.   Why ask or discuss him if he is not a piece of the puzzle.......

Edited by Twist

hiflier

The simple response is that no one can fit that 'suit' with all of its workings and dimensions, including the walking style, make it operate, and at the same time show all of its moving surface features to include the face hands and feet. No suit has been created that can show all of those things. Even the 'creatures' in "2001: A Space Odyssey" did not have shoulders that were 40% the width of their bodies. So Bob H. is unquestionably out of the running. In fact, everyone is out of the running. But just in case a refresher is needed:

Patty Video.gif

Unless of course one wants to go around in that circle just once more for old time's sake? Guaranteed things will simply end up right back here again ;) 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Anyone that has looked closely can clearly see that Bob H. is not the film subject. Those that think otherwise have not taken the time to look into it. 

He is not a skilled mime and not large enough to have worn  the suit. A compelling case can be made for authenticity  but  not likely a real creature or they would have been documented by now .

The great film continues be one of endless fascination. 

• Like 1

hiflier
15 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The great film continues be one of endless fascination.

It just blows me away every time I watch it- and always has. The whole idea that she was real is so incredible to think about. I have looked and studied that film clip nine ways to Sunday and my conclusions are always the same. I was a 51% for- 49% against Patty's existence (a real fence sitter) until I began to focus on her shoulder movements. Once I realized how natural her arm locations and arm swings were the thought crossed my mind to see if I could determine her shoulder span- following in Dr. Grover Krantz' footsteps without even knowing it. Once I saw the ratio of her shoulder width to her height her reality became cemented in my thinking. And let me tell you, that realization was a real shock.  

• Upvote 1

Squatchy McSquatch
On 10/4/2018 at 4:48 PM, hiflier said:

It just blows me away every time I watch it- and always has. The whole idea that she was real is so incredible to think about. I have looked and studied that film clip nine ways to Sunday and my conclusions are always the same. I was a 51% for- 49% against Patty's existence (a real fence sitter) until I began to focus on her shoulder movements. Once I realized how natural her arm locations and arm swings were the thought crossed my mind to see if I could determine her shoulder span- following in Dr. Grover Krantz' footsteps without even knowing it. Once I saw the ratio of her shoulder width to her height her reality became cemented in my thinking. And let me tell you, that realization was a real shock.  

Hiflier:

PGF was a hoax.

• Downvote 1

hiflier

LOL, your opinion is hardly surprising.

Patterson-Gimlin

I tend to agree with him based on the fact that the likelihood of the creatures lack of a documented specimen after all of these years. 

What I haven't heard is how the forgery was done. Not from him or anyone 

I certainly am not qualified to explain it 

A real puzzle. 

Old Time Lifter

Amazing that the costume in the PG film is more convincing than the modern costume in the last video above... that is if the PG film shows a costume...

Just saying...

• Like 1

Backdoc
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:04 PM, Old Time Lifter said:

Amazing that the costume in the PG film is more convincing than the modern costume in the last video above... that is if the PG film shows a costume...

Just saying...

Welcome Old Time Lifter.

For me, there is so much to consider there in that video.

1) Phil Morris appears in this video being a costume maker who claims 1) He sold Roger Patterson a ape suit  2) Roger Patterson used his ape suit via some alterations done by Roger to the suit to create the Patty suit  3) Mr. Morris knew right away when he saw the PGF on TV it was his suit ("One of his children')

2) Morris seems to want to have another suit maker make him a suit.  Why? Well for his Bigfoot Presentation of course.  So the man who makes suits and claims to make THE suit has another person make him a suit?  Not just any suit but the new and improved Bigfoot suit. 

3) Bob Heironimus is there for the presentation claiming to be 'Bigfoot Bob'.  So the expert suit makers don't put Bigfoot Bob in a replication to show how easy the PGF suit would be to make. They just have him show up and tell his lies.  Then they bring out this modern suit made not with 1967 era materials but with modern materials not made in 1967.

I posted the video to show there are a lot of people who just accept that Bob H was the man in the suit as if it has been proven.  Here is Bob H in the actual Morris suit Morris made for TV.  It was so bad it never made TV:

Now as far as Pattys walk, does this look anything like it?

Sign in to follow this