Sign in to follow this  
hiflier

Patty's Walking Style

Backdoc
Posted (edited)
On 10/5/2019 at 12:10 PM, ThinkAboutPools said:

After all these years, all these viewings, all off the reading and discusions about the PGF, my biggest skepticism hinders on that real human walk that creature displays.

There is no groundswell of experts who think the walk is human.  It is so un-human Stanford did a study to see under limited conditions IF a human could replicate the walk.  Having a human replicate the walk, if so, if not the same as the walk itself being human.

Even the most skeptical anthropologist and other movement experts will say the “walk is odd”. The subject “walks knocked -kneed unlike human locomotion” and so on. 

This doesn't prove Patty is real but the walk is diff vs human locomotion in multiple ways.

Edited by Backdoc
  • Upvote 2

SackScratch

Has anyone studied or given an explanation for the straight line running across the thigh muscle of the right leg that flops as she walks!? It's right above the bulge I think they analyze in "Sasquatch Legend Meets Science" or one of the Monster Quest episodes or maybe in both but they don't mention the flopping straight line above it!

OkieFoot
BFF Donor

Backdoc, you gave a good summary. In talking about Patty's walk once before, I used the expression "The devil's in the details."  She may appear to walk like a human in casual observation but when scientists, etc, studied her walk more closely, it was not a human walk.

She had a bent knee gait and rotated her knees laterally as she walked. Plus Patty's trailing leg comes up considerably higher with each step than what we see humans do, as ThinkerThunker has shown. 

Backdoc
10 hours ago, SackScratch said:

Has anyone studied or given an explanation for the straight line running across the thigh muscle of the right leg that flops as she walks!? It's right above the bulge I think they analyze in "Sasquatch Legend Meets Science" or one of the Monster Quest episodes or maybe in both but they don't mention the flopping straight line above it!

Welcome to the BFF.   Glad to have you.  

If in your Q you are asking about the line that crosses Patty's upper thigh/ leg (like the bottom of some running shorts crosses the thigh of the runner)  this video from Bill Munns below will help.  Various points on this presentation address your Q.

Go to the spot on 46:20 where they address your Q directly.

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, SackScratch said:

Can you explain the straight line on this gorilla's thigh, Sack?... 

Gorilla-Pocket1-C.jpg

It looks like a pocket, to me. Do you think that's what it is?  :) 

For bonus points, Sack.....can you explain the straight line on this gorilla??...

Gorilla-Hairline1-B.jpg

Tanks. :) 

Edited by SweatyYeti
  • Upvote 1

gigantor
17 hours ago, SackScratch said:

Has anyone studied or given an explanation for the straight line running across the thigh muscle of the right leg that flops as she walks!?

Yup, Meldrum has a whole article about it here.

Acrobat_2018-11-30_23-29-06.png

Acrobat_2018-11-30_23-29-45.png

• Thanks 1

SackScratch
On 10/7/2019 at 4:28 PM, gigantor said:

Yup, Meldrum has a whole article about it here.

Acrobat_2018-11-30_23-29-06.png

Acrobat_2018-11-30_23-29-45.png

Not that line, the one under it that looks like the flap to a hairy pocket that flops on every step! The bulge that pops is right under it that was shown on "Sasquatch Legend Meets Science"

SackScratch
On 10/7/2019 at 10:19 AM, Backdoc said:

Welcome to the BFF.   Glad to have you.  

If in your Q you are asking about the line that crosses Patty's upper thigh/ leg (like the bottom of some running shorts crosses the thigh of the runner)  this video from Bill Munns below will help.  Various points on this presentation address your Q.

Go to the spot on 46:20 where they address your Q directly.

Where can I purchase these lectures on dvd? can't find many on ebay, website link?

Bill

SackScratch:

I think the line you are referring to runs sideways across the middle of the thigh. In the video above, I lectured about it, and what was discussed was that as the arm swings forward and backward, the fur color tone above the line goes light and dark, depending on which way the arm swings. The most credible explanation is the hand is rubbing the fur and changing the lay of the fur, and by changing the lay of the fur, the reflectance of light on the fur changes, thus resulting in the lighter/darker effect. So this means the palm of the hand is literally rubbing the thigh fur as the arm swings. And the line is exactly where the thumb would be, so the line is caused by the thumb dragging across the fur.

Bill

• Upvote 2

SackScratch

Like they mention a few times on "Bigfoot Definitive Guide" it looks like a Silverback Gorilla walking which is why it looks so realistic and has endured for all these years. Just doesn't look like a man in a gorilla costume! 

The absolute best faking of an ApeMan or Ape Men of that time period was by far "2001 a Space Odyssey" of which was filmed in 1967 and released in 1968...

I have all the original Planet of the Apes movies and in one of the sequels the Gorillas are in a sauna obviously without clothes on and they look pathetic. Also in the 3rd original movie the Humans have a Gorilla in a cage that looks like the Gorilla costume they used in the Three Stooges movies back in the 1930's and 40's!!! 

On another "Odyssey" ... In "Sasquatch Odyssey" DVD they show Grover Krantz trying to give a lecture on the PG Film and René Dahinden interrupts him from the audience, I've heard this lecture is impossible to find but obviously someone was filming it or it wouldn't be in that documentary! Anyone here of it floating around on dvd? 

Is the above harder to find than a real live kicking Sasquatch?? Are there similar lectures that Krantz did on the Patty Film available anywhere on dvd?  Was only a documentary film crew on hand figuring Dahinden would cause some drama since he loved to feud with Krantz? 

Sign in to follow this