Native American Sasquatch dance

norseman

Twist,

Where were his words twisted ? 

What do you think he was implyin' by his "Shoot at that." ? I read it as a dig at norseman, who would shoot one for scientific verification, the implication he was goin' for was you can't shoot a myth. 

Your own analogy suggests what indiefoot was suggestin'/inquirin' I believe...variation. It's what Squatchy McSquatch was implyin'...

Pat...

• Upvote 1

I’vetalked with various people, from Elders and down, in passing, about BF.

They don’t take it for real. I live near 6 nations btw

As I've mentioned, I've talked to a multitude of Natives...who claim to have actually seen one...not a matter of belief or not, but claim to have actually seen one.  

I'm not Oneida, Onondaga, Cayuga, Seneca or Tuscarora...I am Six Nations Mohawk...an I take it for real. 

• Upvote 3

For the record, I do not believe I have ever spoke with a native about their belief in BF, my last two G/F were both Native American but it never came up.    Of my close friends, I have two others that swear up and down they have had experiences with BF, and their two accounts are within about 12 miles of each other.    Both are rather adamant of their encounters.   They are both Caucasian for the record.   

11 hours ago, MIB said:

More likely, given the behavior you've shown here, they simply say what you want to hear so they don't face your ridicule.  

MIB

^^^^

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, norseman said:

Here is another video by Jim Boyd.

Interesting accounts, definitely consistent with many, many others. I will say that including the "ghost" story in this little video detracts from the overall impact of the BF evidence, in my opinion. The Phantom Hitchhiker myth is one of the hoariest tales around, and it definitely overlaps cultures.  (And no, thanks for asking, the BF phenomena is definitely a distinct category of evidence that can't easily be lumped in with the others as a so-called myth...a distinction overlooked by many in the UFO-Ghost-BF-I-have-a-dragon-in-my-pants-with-a-unicorn crowd)  

I have spoken with people of the Chehalis, Makah, Quinault, Skokomish and Nisqually tribes that actively live on reservation.    The majority of the folks I spoke with on the topic fully believe that the sasquatch or otterman is a very real creature and that it simply wants to be left alone. 

A few of the people even went on to say that they knew where Sasquatch spend certain times of the year, when I looked at the report history for these areas I found that the information indeed supported their statements. 

Neat thread by the way.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron
On 7/16/2018 at 0:39 PM, NathanFooter said:

I have spoken with people of the Chehalis, Makah, Quinault, Skokomish and Nisqually tribes that actively live on reservation.    The majority of the folks I spoke with on the topic fully believe that the sasquatch or otterman is a very real creature and that it simply wants to be left alone. 

A few of the people even went on to say that they knew where Sasquatch spend certain times of the year, when I looked at the report history for these areas I found that the information indeed supported their statements. 

Neat thread by the way.

Just curious if any of these tribal members discussed with you the bad spirit element of having witnessed one.  I was told by one member that there was specific ceremony recommended for those that have encountered/sighted one.  This in regard to a Grays Harbor county incident involving a child on a bicycle running into one.  In that case he went through some kind of healing ceremony or at least it was recommended.

Edited by bipedalist

• 4 weeks later...

Why do Native Americans perform these dances? It is like they have one foot on earth and the other foot in the spirit world. Do they see these creatures as some type of a omen when they are seen in the natural world so they perform these dances in honor of their spirit being ? or are they seen as a people with special powers who can manipulate their surroundings. Like great shamans who understand the underworld and the animals who live within the forest as well as the plant life that help cure that ailments of many illnesses of humans as well as animals. Shamans with the capabilities who are able to see into the future and predict the changes that are coming within the earth that we all live in. The understanding of when is the time to get out of an area when the forest and the land is not longer fertile and active with life. I mean these things just did not just come out of no where. some one just did not wake up one morning and say "hey,I think I am going to dance to the sky or to the eagle" I just did not happen that way. It had to be taught by some thing or some one. And if not it was done to please what ever they may have angered,Maybe I am wrong but us as humans are strange all in it's own. Our history of where we all came from and the things that we have done as rituals are just as odd as these creatures themselves. Just my opinion.