"tree Knocks"

Guest PastorTim

This hunter observed BF tree knocking behavior:

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=27075

I'm not sure why you think this behavior is "not logical". During disputes primates will grab branches and thrash about in loud displays. If BF is a primate then this behavior would be within the repertoire of a large primate.

If BF is a hominin, as many are now theorizing, then trying to peg BF behavior only to expected primate behavior wouldn't necessarily apply either. Homo sapiens from ancient times used drumming for communication, and it would be logical to expect that other hominins may also have this trait.

It may be a mistake to assume that Bigfoot does not at times carry a club. While foraging, a large club in hand would be a valuable killing tool and a good deterrent for homestead dogs that had the nerve to challenge them. An example: http://alabamabigfoot.com/bigfoot/reports/RFPreport7.htm

(Aside to "Too Risky": Since you previously posted that, "You were tired of reading reports", you are excused.)

The critters do in fact beat on trees with sticks, beat rocks against rocks, and beat metal buildings, machinery and metal pipes used for gate posts. (Sometimes they use only their hands or fists on some metal objects.) The sticks against trees and rocks against rocks are commonly used to communicate with others in their group, and those two and the others are used to warn people of their presence, or simply to mess with people. Can I provide physical or photographic evidence of those actions? Absolutely not. But I could testify to it under oath, and provide factual information that would make the testimony credible. (The actions are so typical that they are a "given" by folks that live in BF areas, and those interested enough to discover it for themselves.)

Guest Dudlow

B) Within territorial areas there are often specific trees, natural rock formations, etc., which serve as BF knocking stations. Where BF has identified specific trees and objects as having the 'right' sound and 'acoustic carry' one can sometimes locate the beater stick left on the ground close by, ready to be picked up the next time it is needed. If you pick up the beater and have a go at the tree you may not be surprised to hear the exact same knocking sound you might have heard BF make from a distance. I believe they deliberately identify specific objects in their natural environment which possess unique acoustic characteristics - an acoustic signature - that others of their clan can easily identify.

On the other hand, as opportunistic communicators they also make use of what ever materials are available 'on the fly' to suit their purposes.

- Dudlow

Wouldn't these knocking stations make grand targets for wildlife cams?

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest Dudlow

Wouldn't these knocking stations make grand targets for wildlife cams?

B) I'd like to say, 'yes', 'Incorrigible1', but those I have corresponded with on this have all had the same negative result. Conjecture is BF somehow seems to know where cameras are and successfully avoids them. I don't personally use cameras.

- Dudlow

If BF is a hominin, as many are now theorizing, then trying to peg BF behavior only to expected primate behavior wouldn't necessarily apply either.

Pssst: All hominins are primates. (However, not all primates are hominins.)

Guest Blackdog

B) I'd like to say, 'yes', 'Incorrigible1', but those I have corresponded with on this have all had the same negative result. Conjecture is BF somehow seems to know where cameras are and successfully avoids them. I don't personally use cameras.

- Dudlow

OK I'll bite.

How do they know where cameras are and why should they care?

I think some of these alleged wood knocks could be pops or tocks with tongue in roof of mouth too. I've recorded some of these clear as a bell.

Hard to figure out what else could make them at 3am.

I also read somewhere where someone thought you could replicate the knock sound by clapping cupped,gloved hands in front of an open mouth to make the sound, he thought with sasquatch big hands and oral cavity they could probably make a very loud sound. Just his opinion tho...

OK I'll bite.

How do they know where cameras are and why should they care?

they possibly see the sensor light that we cant see and they stay out of it, they might also hear the noise the cams make.

Who knows,there sure should be more treecam shots of them, hard to figure why they dont get photographed more....

Guest Blackdog

There is no active light sensor on a passive infrared sensor camera, that is an old debate and proven false by a simple Google search, or a search on this forum.

What noises do these cameras make when they are not taking a picture?

Other than that Dudlow did not limit his remarks to trail cameras. What about the rest of them?

Yes there should be more game camera shots of them, heck even one would be sweet, but there aren't. There are only excuses that have no basis in anything factual...unless of course you believe that they have extra sensory perception.

I guess that's what most people seem to be buying into here.

And why not? It's a heck of a lot easier than admitting that a person might be wrong.

Edited by Blackdog

Guest rockinkt

If one believes all the extrasensory and telepathic abilities that are claimed for this creature - then one must eliminate the PGF as being valid evidence. Or, was Patty the only one of these creatures that didn't have all these paranormal abilities throughout the ages? :huh::lol:

Guest gershake

Blackdog, we've had threads upon threads about the subject whether, and if so how, bigfeet know where cameras are and why they would avoid them. Let's please not derail this one with that.

Guest Blackdog

Gershake, I am perfectly aware that the subject has been broached before. I didn't just fall off of the turnip truck you know.

But I have to wonder why in the world would you single out my post? I didn't bring it up.

I've heard tree knocks from 2 different locations and within about 6 seconds of each other. They had a silghtly different ring to them. The logical conclusion was that two different things knocked and that one was waiting for the other to do so. It gave the perception of something tactical going on.