Field trips 2.0

BC witness

On 9/17/2018 at 1:39 PM, NatFoot said:

Was there a cougar kill recently?

He's going to Cabela's after work to get some decent bear spray tonight....was complaining that it was expensive and wanted to know if he could return it if he didn't use it :blink:.

Facedesk! Have you thought about notifying local S&R ... you know ... "just in case"?

I think he slammed his head into his desk in exasperation and want you to get search and rescue ready......I think it’s that millennium speak :D

• Haha 1

Weekend outing with an old buddy (we're both over 70) to the Placer Mt/Flat Top Mt area, which is E of Manning Park in BC, and N of the Pasayten Wilderness in Wa.

The weather was perfect, frost on the ground in the mornings, but beautiful blue skies all day, and temps about 10-12C, perfect for hiking, without getting all hot and sweaty. Our prime purpose was deer hunting, with a side of grouse hunting and sasquatch seeking . The region's deer went unharmed, the grouse were depleted by 7, and the squatches remained elusive. The photos are on the Trapper Lake trail, about 6200' el., and the view is SW from the trail, looking into the Pasayten watershed.

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0158.JPG

IMG_0153.JPG

Edited by BC witness
typo correction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Wonderful as always BC!

A little trivia trap!

Can anyone tell me which mountain range this picture was taken in?

A358A895-94E3-4484-93C8-DFD309FFB664.jpeg

The picure is taken in the Himalayan mtns!

And the species of cedar grows in Afghanistan, Pakistan and India.

When a person thinks of Yeti reports, at least in my mind? PacNW topography like that picture doesn't enter my mind. Its always steep barren ground in my mind. And when you see a picture like that? You realize that the same reports of similar animals are happening in similar forested areas worldwide.

I mean that picture looks like north Idaho or Alaska or New Zealand. Had no idea that could be SW Asia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrus_deodara

• Upvote 1

Didn't even cross my mind that the photo was taken from the Himalayan Mountains. It was a fun quiz never the less!

Thanks

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic