Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Whoever did the drone video should do a reenactment using a sprinter to see the difference in size and speed compared to the subject on the film.

This film is a classic example of both the benefits and drawbacks of a drone. Great for catching something in open space but so good once something enters the forest.  Where I go, everything is like that small patch of forest in the film.  There is no open terrain which is why I haven't considered a drone.

Thanks for sharing.

I don't doubt somebody would hoax this but I always question why go through the effort.  The only thing to be gained is a few seconds of humor as video hits rack up.  Must be a sad life to need that kind of stimulation.

Can't imagine the mentality of spending time doing that. Pathetic.  One lesson here is determining speed of movement on the ground from a drone is hard to gauge.  It looked like the person was moving really fast and covering a lot of ground, much quicker than might be expected.

^^^ Their life is based upon the number of 'likes' on their social media world. No results, just likes.   Wearing a suit like that must be very hot and a good way to get shot.

17 hours ago, gigantor said:

I'm green with envy. What year is that Land Rover?

Just beautiful, thanks for sharing those pics!

It's an '83 110, the first year of the Defender body style.

No Doubt, agreed Pdub!

Thanks Hiflier.

PBeaton, it sure is beautiful country!  Takes the challenge out of getting a good pic.

Arvedis, that's probably not a bad idea..

22 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

At the end of my journey, after a sojourn in SLC, UT and along with a fellow conspirator  we made the trip out to Skinwalker Ranch, a place I’d heard of but not really known much about. After a wee bit of research we decided to check it out. It is still gated and surveilled by cameras with large no trespassing signs at the entrance to the property. It is also guarded by savage skinwalkers in the form of Owls ( we watched a Great Horned for 10 minutes as it hunted the pasture from telephone pole tops) and dogs, one of which attacked the front tire of the vehicle we were in then assumed such a friendly demeanor so as to lure us out of the car and most assuredly claw our hearts out. We weren’t fooled, though later that night we did return to feed him a blueberry muffin:)  Skinwalker ridge, above the ranch was our chosen vantage point and is probably accessible had we been in the Rover but we weren’t at the time so we settled for walking across the sagebrush pasture to the South under cover of darkness. After covering maybe a third of the way, my companion began feeling a sense of dread over not what was ahead but what was behind and suggested we leave. I know to trust that intuition and put up no resistance, so back we headed through the scrub and over the barbed wire into town and a somewhat less dangerous  venue--Taco Time for fried empenadas…And that’s about all folks.

Kiwakwe,

Thanks for sharing your adventure and photographs!

I also love the Utah wilderness and all those slot canyons.

BTW, with regard to Skinwalker ranch, I have camped on that ridge twice.  One year nothing happened, but on another year a self illuminated blue orb overed over me at 45 degree angle.  It just appeared and disappeared with no motion. It lasted between 30 sec and 1 minute long.  I don't know what it was but it did nothing but watch or monitor us.  There were 2 other witnesses.  Many of the weird claims about that place are real (not based on my account but also based on colleagues who have investigated the place for last 10 years).  But nobody really knows what is going on - not even Robert Bigelow who sold his ranch in 2016  to another wealthy man who is also interested in the phenomena.  The saga continues.  I have not watched yet the new documentary about the place, but read very good reviews; see link below.

https://www.hunttheskinwalker.com/the-film/

BTW, not sure if you had a chance to explore the high Uintas Mountains north of SWR - but there are many BF reports from there and I had anomalous experiences there too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Explorer said:

Kiwakwe,

BTW, with regard to Skinwalker ranch, I have camped on that ridge twice.  One year nothing happened, but on another year a self illuminated blue orb overed over me at 45 degree angle.  It just appeared and disappeared with no motion. It lasted between 30 sec and 1 minute long.  I don't know what it was but it did nothing but watch or monitor us.  There were 2 other witnesses.  Many of the weird claims about that place are real (not based on my account but also based on colleagues who have investigated the place for last 10 years).  But nobody really knows what is going on - not even Robert Bigelow who sold his ranch in 2016  to another wealthy man who is also interested in the phenomena.  The saga continues.  I have not watched yet the new documentary about the place, but read very good reviews; see link below.

BTW, not sure if you had a chance to explore the high Uintas Mountains north of SWR - but there are many BF reports from there and I had anomalous experiences there too.

Very interesting Explorer! I had read of the blue orb phenomena on the ranch. I wonder if those you experienced were of the same variety. Did you or any of your party have symptoms similar to those described by the "Gormans"?

We did see a couple of conference talks by George Knapp on the ranch but not his latest doc. His book seems well received but the film didn't get the best reviews, claims of no new info i guess.

Other than a jaunt up along Provo Falls, I didn't get up there for a look. it sure does appear to be suitable habitat though.

BFF Patron
23 hours ago, Explorer said:

Kiwakwe,

I figure you are fortunate Explorer, after reading the book, it was one of the blue orbs that lured a pet dog from the then ranch owners into a thicket; after a loud yelp, the dog was never heard from again except a puddle of fat-like ooze.  

I downloaded the movie, it was melodramatic and worth the George Knapp withheld footage on request of authorities.  There is a new owner of the property and I will say nothing more about the movie to ruin it for others.  I liked the book and couldn't put it down once I started it of course.  You are fortunate to have visited.  Did you bring back hitch-hikers with you?  I visited the high uintas (very rugged bouldering) back in 2007 during a forest fire season.  I experienced nothing of the paranormal variety other than brief altitude sickness.  Yes, it was a very squatchy area and the area I had tramped had two or more sightings.  Moose were everywhere. 

Edited by bipedalist

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

Very interesting Explorer! I had read of the blue orb phenomena on the ranch. I wonder if those you experienced were of the same variety. Did you or any of your party have symptoms similar to those described by the "Gormans"?

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I figure you are fortunate Explorer, after reading the book, it was one of the blue orbs that lured a pet dog from the then ranch owners into a thicket; after a loud yelp, the dog was never heard from again except a puddle of fat-like ooze.  

I downloaded the movie, it was melodramatic and worth the George Knapp withheld footage on request of authorities.  There is a new owner of the property and I will say nothing more about the movie to ruin it for others.  I liked the book and couldn't put it down once I started it of course.  You are fortunate to have visited.  Did you bring back hitch-hikers with you?  

When I visited the area, I was fully aware of the blue orb story with the dogs but also aware that no human has ever been physically hurt there.  However, when I saw the blue orb I felt no fear or dread.  I was just amazed and perplexed; like a deer in front of headlights. I was alone on base camp and the other two guys were on a hill about a 0.5 mile away and they could see the orb closer to my position.  They were screaming and hollering in the walkie-talkies all excited, but I was calm.  Whatever this thing was, it did not make a threatening move towards me.  In the long list of stories about the ranch, mine was boring.  One of the two guys who went with me claims to have had hitch-hikers (or whatever that phenomena is) follow him home,  but he is fully immersed in that investigation (while I am not) and has more bizarre encounter stories.  I have never experienced that, and don't want to.

With regard to the documentary, I think I will download it tonight and take a look.  What I read was that it is really 2 documentaries: one consisting of the original footage that George Knapp took during the early research in the nineties and the other half about the new owner and recent disclosures about DIA funding BASS to do research at the ranch.  I do want to see the original footage from Knapp, because back then he signed a non-disclosure agreement with Bigelow and could not  share them with the public.  According to Knapp in a recent interview, once Bigelow sold his ranch, he felt free to share his videos.

The orbs only appear blue to our naked eye because that is how our optical equipment can interpret the shorter wavelengths of light  Those orbs are spirits.  Could be human or something else and if they want something from you, they stick around (hitch hikers don't have to be visually seen).  They affect everything from mood and emotions and could mess with your health, make you see illusions and worst case scenario possession (it has happened).  Many seem to just like to be a problem. There are certain areas of the earth where they can come through from places unknown (please don't say portals, maybe - maybe not, no way to know for sure). Maybe they have nothing else to do.  Theory has it they are trapped in a spiritual dead zone and unable to progress or get anywhere else but our material world.  So perhaps they are just curious but probably not.  Don't go to that place.

• Downvote 1

On 11/21/2018 at 2:49 PM, Arvedis said:

Can't imagine the mentality of spending time doing that. Pathetic.  One lesson here is determining speed of movement on the ground from a drone is hard to gauge.  It looked like the person was moving really fast and covering a lot of ground, much quicker than might be expected.

Good gumshoeing Norse.  Notice how many times hilarious was used in the link. In my opinion, it is quite hilarious if you have the maturity of a 12-year old imbecile. 

BFF Patron

One of my best research pictures was over, around or above a settlers grave (that someone or some entity attempted to dig up several years later and I rehabilitated to speck based on a picture I made of the ground around the monument), it had so many different colored orbs hovering over it that were caught on digital camera that I was literally flabbergasted.  It is one of my chief research achievements photographically;  and no, there is no pollen or dust that will reproduce what I caught that afternoon. 

That said my sighting involved dayglow green eyeglow from Sasquatch at civil twilight.  Sure I may be sensitive to blue/green doesn't take anything away from the typical red eyeshine incidents.  The only blue glow I ever photographed in fog/rainy overcast daylight with  was the back of a tulip poplar tree trunk base that was partially hollowed out that had an open lesion on the opposite side large enough for me to use as a "drop zone" for a sasquatch feeding station, hands could fit in and large animal likely not. I used to drop apples and a closed peanut butter jar with loosened lid in there.  That "lesion" has long since totally healed over, and the picture I gained has long since been lost in a series of unfortunate backups and hard-drive failures.  That said the area was a hot-zone of synchronicities, many of which shook me to my core.  Not skinwalker stuff, but running a close second. 

• Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic