Field trips 2.0

BC witness

11 hours ago, gigantor said:

I'm tired of looking at that cold, rainy, dark picture of Oregon in the slider. The pic below is not from a field trip, but I need some warm, sunny, beautiful beach...  Longboat Key, Florida.

IMG_0989.JPG

Booo! No Bigfoot there!

Just got home from Vegas, no Bigfoot sightings but full of unusual creatures. B0B53077-34BA-454A-AC89-06D38BE20756.thumb.jpeg.3aa1a22030b04a4ece50da960e517ac0.jpeg16311124-4A98-4E00-97C1-5D92D41788A3.thumb.jpeg.041ddecc2a0d8c96e1613840e9d994be.jpeg

Saw these shirts at a store here locally but I’m too cheap...

A42970E5-6EF6-43FC-8813-39BDE5D48E3E.thumb.jpeg.4265cee19edf950a5096a41ab73529ec.jpeg2F7A4C0F-A101-491C-AA84-D966D802047B.thumb.jpeg.dbc9f5f08f4ec642141fc36c6a2fc5aa.jpeg

Not paying $85 for a BF sweater. 

I can't remember who the poster was, or of it was just a BFRO report, but one of the most interesting encounters I remember reading came out of Nevada with a young person seeing Sasquatch on two different occaisions at quite a close up distance.

Anyone remember what I'm referring to?

And I can't delete this GD smile below...

😀

Edited by NatFoot

38 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

I can't remember who the poster was, or of it was just a BFRO report, but one of the most interesting encounters I remember reading came out of Nevada with a young person seeing Sasquatch on two different occaisions at quite a close up distance.

Anyone remember what I'm referring to?

And I can't delete this GD smile below...

😀

I posted this not long ago, is this the encounter?

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=5909

1 minute ago, NatFoot said:

That's a good one but I'm thinking it was two stories in one report and the younger kids was alone but he and his father were out proespecting or looking for rocks or something.

Now you have me thinking, not a whole lot of reports coming out of Nevada, but the ones that do always seem to be very interesting. I'll do some research to see if there's one that fits your description.

12 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

That's a good one but I'm thinking it was two stories in one report and the younger kids was alone but he and his father were out proespecting or looking for rocks or something.

I know this isn't the one you're looking for but thought it was an interesting report from a father and son taking place in Nevada near the White Mountains east of Bishop CA. 

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=04019

• Upvote 1

Yesterday, Dec. 15th, was the last day of deer season in my area, so I took the opportunity to get out for the day to a spot where I got a nice buck a couple of years ago, to try to repeat my success, and spend the day in very "Squatchy" territory, as there have been numerous sightings all around the watershed I was 4 wheeling and hiking into. These include the famous Ruby Creek incedent, several nearby at Deer lake, Trout Lake, and Hicks Lake campground, and one that Thomas Steenburg and I investigated in January, about 2 years ago.

It was a cool day, about 4C, with clouds that occasionally drifted into the hills, cutting visibility to no more than 50 yards at times. After parking at about 5000 ft on an old logging road in the Slollicum Creek watershed, I hiked in a km or so on an old overgrown road, and spent a few hours looking for sign and tracks while glassing the surrounding slopes. Near dark, I returned to my SUV, having seen absolutely zero wildlife; no deer, bear, grouse, or sasquatch, but feeling refreshed by a day out in the woods.

Here's a few pics from the day:

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0182.JPG

IMG_0177.JPG

IMG_0179.JPG

• Upvote 2

Guest Gilly Bean
On 12/6/2018 at 12:41 AM, Kiwakwe said:

Welcome GB! About your first field trip, tell us what your outdoor experience is. Are you going for a day? For a night or more?  I think you'll get better info once the crew has that narrowed down a bit. And for kicks, if you haven't already, check out what David Paulides has to say about Dennis Martin. 

The Bigfoot Observers Field Manual has some good info IMO, might be worth a look. If you've read a lot of sighting reports you'll find that they happen in every possible circumstance and activity...

Well looking into GSMP sasquatch encounters I can't find a positive one

https://youtu.be/RYggVsCftZY

Guest Gilly Bean

Welcome GB! About your first field trip, tell us what your outdoor experience is. Are you going for a day? For a night or more?  I think you'll get better info once the crew has that narrowed down a bit. And for kicks, if you haven't already, check out what David Paulides has to say about Dennis Martin. 

The Bigfoot Observers Field Manual has some good info IMO, might be worth a look. If you've read a lot of sighting reports you'll find that they happen in every possible circumstance and activity...

So I don't think a solo field trip is in my immediate cards afterall 

https://youtu.be/imfqQY_Z83k

Guest Gilly Bean

It's hard to find any positive encounters in Appalachia 

Went to a different spot today then my usual area in the Sierra just before an incoming storm. Went and followed a small creek going up into a side canyon that has a lot of loose rock which made it a little tough to hike. Saw Bear, Deer tracks along the creek, and one Bigfoot track measuring 15 inches long and about 6 1/2 inches wide. I wanted to try using chalk to outline the print to make it easier to see. I should of came down some and cut the corner some with the small toe as it extends further than the big toe, and made the big toe bigger than I have it, cutting the corner too quickly. But it is a left foot leaving behind a good impression and you can see where it snapped the little twig back on the left side of the heel. It was walking towards the creek which was just several yards away. The bug wipe package is just under 3 1/2 inches wide and 2 1/2 inches wide. 

IMG_20181216_121602701_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181216_121550741_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181216_121802833_HDR.jpg

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic