Field trips 2.0

BC witness

On 1/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, MindSquatch said:

Went back last Friday to the area where I'd came across numerous tracks and a large Sasquatch behind a pine tree which I did a retake photo which shows nothing there this time.

MindSquatch, I'm not trying to be a troll or dampen your enthusiasm. However, all we have to go on are your photos. That being said, I noticed a problem with parallax between your first and second photos. You are standing to the right of where you took the first photo and either closer or zoomed in. I believe that would put whatever you were viewing, near or behind the trunk of that one tree in the second pic. Since what you saw was behind the trees I would suggest that you could have taken a picture that same direction from under the trees. 

Just curious was this something you saw when taking the first photo or something you noticed in the picture later? 

Edited by BigTreeWalker
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest sasquatchstudies

I’m planning to head to an area here in Kentucky that has a history of sightings and activity (strange vocalizations etc.) 

I plan to document the experience so I’ll be back on here at some point with some photos and anything interesting I find. 

Looking forward to your field report, sasquatchstudies. Our small local group went out on Sunday to check out access to our primary research area. The snow in the first 10 km of the roughly 30 km long valley wasn't very deep, less than a foot, but the road starts to climb steeply at km10, and the thaw/freeze cycle had turned the first really steep hill into a sheet of ice, so that was our turn around point. The only tracks we found were human, canine, and deer, so no luck there. We're getting anxious to get out in the field again, but I guess we'll have to be patient a little longer.

A high point of the outing was the discovery that a long-closed restaurant near the valley turnoff has re-opened, and the new owners are serving large portions of good food at reasonable prices, so we had a great lunch.

I'll try to keep our adventures updated here through the year.

I got out for a few hours today, with my wife along for the ride. We chose to check out the logging road system along the West shore of Stave Lake, near Mission, BC. This is a popular summer destination for boaters, campers, and ATVers, though I didn't expect many people up there with snow still on the ground. I was very wrong, as the muddy road in was very busy with trucks hauling ATVs, and other 4WD rigs, including a convoy of about 2 dozen Porsche Cayennes on their way out after some sort of rally. The area known as the "mud flats" was full of campers and ATVs, even saw a monster truck out in the gumbo playing around.

This level of activity was disappointing, but we carried on up the main trail to the limits of my SUVs capabilities in the snow, then turned around for the return leg. My wife/spotter was looking for tracks in the snow the whole time, of course, but saw only human and canine tracks. 

This area has a number of legit sounding reports over the last 100 years or so, as well as some well known hoaxes, including the one that got wide attention, that had a group of foreign tourists filming a sasquatch near the shore of one of the smaller local lakes.

Here's a couple of shots I took today: Sorry, my new iPhone isn't playing nice with my PC, I'll try again later, when I get it sorted out.

I finally got the phone camera and PC to communicate, so here are the pics: the 1st is the boat launch area at the South end of Stave Lake, the 2nd is the snowy logging road about 12 km up the lake.

IMG_0009.thumb.JPG.1555d5162420bacf0b3edf30088e04dd.JPGIMG_0010.thumb.JPG.7d09ce634777763d2f5d523977bf604b.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I might as well report in this thread about my contact who claims to be in a habituation situation with a group of BF.    I have established contact with his friend but as of yet have not talked directly to this guy who is described as a mountain man he has known for 40 years.   To support the mountain man aspect the guy supposedly does not know how to email.   The mountain man has an email address but does not know how to use it.     I sent several inquiries to the address but never got a response.    The friend recently informed me that the mountain man had spilled orange juice on the computer keyboard and killed the computer, requiring it to be repaired.   I will keep at trying to get direct contact but at this point it is going like most habituation situations where it turns into a "dog ate my homework" situation.    The mountain man supposedly has frequent contact with a group of BF in the Northern Oregon Coast Range.    They somehow communicate.   Not sure what language is used.   Should the guy get his computer fixed and email back somehow,   I will know more.     But at this time it seems like I am being jerked around.  However if the mountain man guy is authentic, he might be exactly the type of human that could be in a trusting situation with BF.     Sort of the same type that was reported in the 1912 Tarzan Springs Oregon incident who was living with a group of BF.    .   

Edited by SWWASAS

2 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

.........he might be exactly the type of human that could be in a trusting situation with BF.     Sort of the same type that was reported in the 1912 Tarzan Springs Oregon incident who was living with a group of BF.    .   

I'm unfamiliar with that story. I googled it and got nothing. Got a reference to it?

5 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

I might as well report in this thread about my contact who claims to be in a habituation situation with a group of BF.    I have established contact with his friend but as of yet have not talked directly to this guy who is described as a mountain man he has known for 40 years.   To support the mountain man aspect the guy supposedly does not know how to email.   The mountain man has an email address but does not know how to use it.     I sent several inquiries to the address but never got a response.    The friend recently informed me that the mountain man had spilled orange juice on the computer keyboard and killed the computer, requiring it to be repaired.   I will keep at trying to get direct contact but at this point it is going like most habituation situations where it turns into a "dog ate my homework" situation.    The mountain man supposedly has frequent contact with a group of BF in the Northern Oregon Coast Range.    They somehow communicate.   Not sure what language is used.   Should the guy get his computer fixed and email back somehow,   I will know more.     But at this time it seems like I am being jerked around.  However if the mountain man guy is authentic, he might be exactly the type of human that could be in a trusting situation with BF.     Sort of the same type that was reported in the 1912 Tarzan Springs Oregon incident who was living with a group of BF.    .   

Sounds fishy but you never know I suppose.  Good luck and let us know.  :D

2 hours ago, Huntster said:

I'm unfamiliar with that story. I googled it and got nothing. Got a reference to it?

https://tawilsonbigfoot.com/tarzan-springs-glen-thomas-site-investigation/

BFF Patron

There is more to the story about Tarzan Springs in Joe Beelart's and Olson's  book,   "Oregon Bigfoot Highway"    Joe requested through a freedom on information request for USGS records of the encounter with their mapping people and the prospector who lived with the apes.   Nothing happened for months then he got a call from within the USGS telling from a person saying she found field notes.    She said she could not release them but read him the field notes over the phone.     The field notes basically confirmed that the survey team had encountered the prospector and that he was living with several large apes. 

That brings up a couple of issues.      Why would the USGS prevent copies of the field notes being released with a FOIR?    Why was it not in the papers at the time?       Certainly in the early 1900s, religion was a big part of daily life and values.   It certainly was in the Smithsonian in the 1800s and influenced many of their theories.          Or was there already government cover up established after the large skeletons were collected and examined by the Smithsonian in the late 1800's?

Edited by SWWASAS

I've met Joe and he is here on the forums occasionally. Very knowledgeable guy about the area his book covers. He's given some interesting suggestions on things to do when out researching. 

I would suggest giving other researchers the benefit of the doubt unless you specifically know something about them otherwise. 

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edir removed content

I added the caveat for a reason. 

Joe has to be an ardent believer in THE conspiracy and as @SWWASAS mentioned - it must go back awhile, or someone had the ability to go back and essentially erase history and keep a slew of people from speaking.

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic