Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Seems like an assumption about Joe. Looks like he stated the facts of the situation. Unless there's more mentioned in his book. The government withholds information from us all the time. Whether I would consider it a conspiracy or not, who knows. Seems like business as usual to me. 

Edited by BigTreeWalker
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I have met Joe one or two times.  He will go out of his way to help you in the Portland OR area and outskirts.  He met me for lunch one day pre-pub, shared some data with me that was in the book and then dropped me off at the train station so I could continue my way back to work (in washington state at the time) after flying into Portland.  I have yet to get connected to do an outing with him but am not giving up on that possibility sometime soon. His book is great.  He was one of the first researchers on the internet with an e-field journal that made sense like this guy is grounded.  True to form to this very day, he also has a lovely wife that did the maps in the book and helped with elements of research for it.  If he said it happened, with his USFS and other connections, it happened. 

Edited by WV FOOTER
Edit Removed Content
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I have met Joe one or two times.  He will go out of his way to help you in the Portland OR area and outskirts.  He met me for lunch one day pre-pub, shared some data with me that was in the book and then dropped me off at the train station so I could continue my way back to work (in washington state at the time) after flying into Portland.  I have yet to get connected to do an outing with him but am not giving up on that possibility sometime soon. His book is great.  He was one of the first researchers on the internet with an e-field journal that made sense like this guy is grounded.  True to form to this very day, he also has a lovely wife that did the maps in the book and helped with elements of research for it.  If he said it happened, with his USFS and other connections, it happened. 

Appreciate that context and background.

For when Joe, or others read this, I did not mean to call him out personally. We (ppl on this forum) reference sources from all over, including YouTube sensationalists. Just because things are referenced here does not mean they are not FOS or misguided.

If you guys are collectively vouching for him and his book, I have no other option than to believe you, and him.

After all, I'm a believer and not a knower.

Here's my official thank you to all you knowers who post here. Once/if I know...I doubt I'll have the patience to do what you all do and try to share.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

Joe was a regular attender at the HopSquatch events in Portland.     I have talked to him many times and heard him make a presentation at one of the events.   During a break in that presentation he came up to me and quietly asked me how he was doing.   That tells me tons about him as a person.        I would call him one of the living legends in bigfoot research as he has been doing it for many decades.        Unlike some more recent converted believers who are full of themselves,   who jumped immediately into the lecture circuit as self proclaimed experts,   Joe, as his book reflects,  has a great depth of knowledge and personal experience with bigfoot.   He is the least likely person I know to make things up. 

• Thanks 3

BFF Patron
21 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Appreciate that context and background.

For when Joe, or others read this, I did not mean to call him out personally. We (ppl on this forum) reference sources from all over, including YouTube sensationalists. Just because things are referenced here does not mean they are not FOS or misguided.

If you guys are collectively vouching for him and his book, I have no other option than to believe you, and him.

After all, I'm a believer and not a knower.

Here's my official thank you to all you knowers who post here. Once/if I know...I doubt I'll have the patience to do what you all do and try to share.

If you get into the land of Mt Jefferson surround in Oregon, Joe's book will definitely get you into a position where you could 'know' with very little effort other than a few overnights and maybe some creek stomping. following his roadways and GPS waypoints  He is actually one of the Clackamas Sasquatchians as he calls them in the book, but don't tell him,  it might go to his head. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I do some hunting south of Mt. Jefferson. We camp at Maxwell Butte snow park and hunt the area between highway 20 and highway 22. It was on one of those hunting trips that I had what I believe to be a late night encounter on a bright moon lite night. No visual, but, too strange not to factor in the possibility that I was visited by a Sasquatch.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Joe could probably fill you in on the local situation and if other sightings occurred nearby (not everything is in his book, ; > }

I think once you get to 25 posts you can private (personal) messenge, he is usually responsive. 

Edited by bipedalist

Made another 1/2 day excursion into BF sighting territory this Sunday afternoon (Love the later sunset now), with my wife riding along. This time, we chose a N/S valley very near the famous Ruby Creek event of the late '40s. I was hoping that the warm, sunny weather this past week would have melted a lot of the snow at higher elevations, as all the logging roads in this region climb steeply, from near sea level in the Fraser Valley, to 4,000 ft or more at the tributary headwaters, usually in a fairly short distance. The first km of the road was clear and dry, but as we started to climb, I could see that the melt water had left an inch or 2 of soft mud on the surface, making it a bit slippery. It also showed that I was the first to venture up that particular road since the surface was exposed, as I was leaving the only tracks in evidence. We watched carefully for any sign of tracks in the soft surface, but saw none at all.

At about km5, there were patches of snow on the road, with some icy compact areas, from snowmobilers using it earlier in the season. Shortly past there, the road continued to rise fairly steeply, with more compact ice , now covering most of the surface. It's very narrow and twisty through this section, so I had no turn-around available till I reached a plateau in the climb, with a spot just wide enough to turn my quite short SUV around. The tricky part was getting  back down the icy section without slipping into the rockface, or into the guardrail on the other side, or over the edge where there was no rail. Keeping the speed to a crawl got us back down the white knuckle section, and allowed a leisurely cruise back out to pavement at Hwy 7, just before sunset.

We saw nothing of interest on the Sasquatch front, but had a very scenic, and sometimes intense, trip into the hills in historically active Sasquatch country.

IMG_0016.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0012.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BC witness said:

white knuckle section

With serious pucker factor.  Wow.  

Got a spot or two within a few hours' drive that look like somewhat like that.  I'm very leery of them when it is either freezing or thawing since both can break loose big rocks that, even if they don't hit you, can render the road impassible.   This particular rat doesn't like going into a hole that doesn't have at least 2 exits.    I've seen too many trees, slides, rock-falls, etc block roads.

MIB

• Upvote 2

In Alaska, we can still run studded tires from September 15 - May 1 each year, but they wear down if run on pavement long. In all honesty, I don't carry tire chains in my personal rig, and haven't for years. I never go off road with my vehicles anymore. I haul a snowmobile, Argo, or boat to a launch point. The off road stuff tears my rigs up too bad.

BC Witness is an old hand driving in the straight up and down Cascades! He probably drifted around that old frozen waterfall!

;)

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic