Field trips 2.0

BC witness

10 minutes ago, BigTreeWalker said:

Shoulder of a paint horse. ;)

With a “Bigfoot” braided mane! 

• Haha 1

On 7/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, Hikingcoyote said:

Spending some time this fall in the Holy Cross Wilderness of Colorado, Northwestern Sawatch. In the vicinity of Camp Hale, Eagle/Gypsum, Leadville, and Vail. All of these areas are full of history sightings and mysterious disappearances. Anyone is welcome to join, and I hope to come back with some sort of experience. I cover 10 to 25 miles a day, hiking sunrise to sunset. 

Posting again hoping someone may see this and like to join or plan some thing in the state! 

BFF Patron
16 minutes ago, Hikingcoyote said:

Posting again hoping someone may see this and like to join or plan some thing in the state! 

Maybe the "mysterious disappearances" reference might be scaring people off?   I noticed in "411 Hunters" movie that I seem to be in a disappearance hot spot area.    In this area it seems to be women that go missing rather than hunters.  

Edited by SWWASAS

17 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Maybe the "mysterious disappearances" reference might be scaring people off?   I noticed in "411 Hunters" movie that I seem to be in a disappearance hot spot area.    In this area it seems to be women that go missing rather than hunters.  

You could be right! I'd hope someone may be willing to do some hiking into potential active areas with me. Have you by chance found much of Paulides work coinciding with sasquatch? I've listened to many lectures and read a lot of his stuff but haven't come across him talking about bigfoot a whole lot. Thanks! 

BFF Patron

Paulides sometimes talks at bigfoot conferences but never comes right out and claims BF is involved.   He cannot really know.     However common sense tells one that in areas with bigfoot activity BF should be a suspect and would be in disappearances if BF were thought to exist by law enforcement.       With lost children  and women,   I myself would suspect cougars before  bigfoot.   Cougar numbers in the wild are increasing and since they have exclusionary territory and will not tolerate other cougars it has to be putting tremendous pressures on them for survival.    In Oregon and Washington aggressive cougars are getting  to be very problematic.    Experienced and well armed hunters might be a different situation.      

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

BFF Patron

If my local BF were killers I would not be here on the forum.     However just as there are crazy humans there may be crazy BF in places.   

• 2 weeks later...

Epic outing, norseman! I'm very jealous, I'd love to see that wild Co. country. The two alpine meadow shots look very much like the old Hudson Bay trail over the Whipsaw pass, near Princeton, BC.

• Upvote 1

On 8/28/2019 at 8:14 AM, norseman said:

.........Wyatt fished in a small lake. But it was full of what he called salamanders? No idea........

These little orange guys?

D4631B56-A4B1-43CB-972F-6DAAF5956A10.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

These little orange guys?

D4631B56-A4B1-43CB-972F-6DAAF5956A10.jpeg

That is not they were a darker grey color. They swam and had like dragon ears.

Just looked it up and I believe it is a Barred Tiger Salamander in its Larvae stage. For they are entirely aquatic during their larval stages.

Ah. I used to catch lots of these orange ones in California when I was young by hand, and we were catching them while fishing a lake in Oregon in 1980........LOTS of them.

• Thanks 1

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic