Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Beautiful country Norse. Kudos on the camping setup; wow is all I can say. You did a fantastic job.

I like how it keeps you significantly off the ground and out of reach.

• Thanks 1

Norseman, you're on quite a scenic trip!!  How IS that camper setup working out for you?  Ease of set-up/take-down?  Sleeping comfort?  Any problems with it on the road?

Pdub, the BWCA is always beautiful, but did you get to see the Northern Lights or did you come back beforehand?  You probably did see a wolf.

• Thanks 1

Pdub, That's an awesome sighting. I've wanted to canoe the BWCA for quite a while with hopes of spotting a wolf. Otters are cool to watch too, seem like they are genuinely enjoying being alive when I've seen them. sounds like a good trip sans the winds, Great pics!

Norseman, as always beautiful country, and the new set up looks sweet! Coming back from this weekend's adventure we've come to the conclusion that we need more space, Springbar or RTT. RTT may make more sense given the scrub free ground a 10X10 tent requires. I've eyed the Eezi-awns for quite a while, they're not much more than the China made Tepuis I see everywhere out here, though I've read mixed reviews. How's the quality seem on yours? Smittybuilt correct?

Edited by Kiwakwe
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

Beautiful area with a little water flowing downstream but maybe still too dry...idk

Too dry .. maybe.  Could be an advantage though.   Some people think that in areas like Arizona where resources, especially water, are very limited, the bigfoots get a bit pushy when people invade their quiet spots.   Here in my area there's so much water if somebody nudges them out of one canyon, they'll go to the next which is probably even better for them.    That is one of the reasons I don't think they get pushy here.

Nice pictures!   Thanks for sharing.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Thaniks, norseman, pdub, and Kiwakwe for the scenic additions to the thread. It's a joy to see where all of the members are getting out to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kiwakwe, thanks for sharing those pics!  It's fun to blow them up and look at what's there to see.  Pareidolia can produce some amazing stuff.  In the second to last pic you posted, at the bottom where the brown patches with the gray in the middle end on the left, there is a stand of trees that form a 'V'.  Beneath the bottom tree in that 'V' it looks like the tail end of a private jet...or a spotted giraffe sitting down.  On the left side at the top of the 'V' it looks like a large stone statue that has been toppled, with legs, folded arms, head and torso.

It's like making out shapes the clouds.

11 hours ago, MIB said:

Too dry .. maybe.  Could be an advantage though.   Some people think that in areas like Arizona where resources, especially water, are very limited, the bigfoots get a bit pushy when people invade their quiet spots.   Here in my area there's so much water if somebody nudges them out of one canyon, they'll go to the next which is probably even better for them.    That is one of the reasons I don't think they get pushy here.

Nice pictures!   Thanks for sharing.

MIB

Good point MIB, I could see that being the case out here

7 hours ago, JustCurious said:

Kiwakwe, thanks for sharing those pics!  It's fun to blow them up and look at what's there to see.  Pareidolia can produce some amazing stuff.  In the second to last pic you posted, at the bottom where the brown patches with the gray in the middle end on the left, there is a stand of trees that form a 'V'.  Beneath the bottom tree in that 'V' it looks like the tail end of a private jet...or a spotted giraffe sitting down.  On the left side at the top of the 'V' it looks like a large stone statue that has been toppled, with legs, folded arms, head and torso.

It's like making out shapes the clouds.

Yes, a giraffe with antlers and I see the toppled statue also. I've often gone through pictures like that, one never knows....It's hard to imagine covering the kind of ground a lot of us have and NOT being seen by the "residents"

Natfoot - no Squatches I can see in that pic, just a couple of otters.

JustCurious - unfortunately we missed the Northern Lights by 4 days. 

Kiwakwe - beautiful scenery, I love the mountains. I highly recommend the BWCA if you can make it. It’s a little more expensive and time consuming to get to but Quetico Provincial Park is even better. It’s right across the border and gets maybe 20% of the people. I’ve only been once but it was spectacular. Next place I want to get to is called Woodland Caribou Provincial Park in far northwestern Ontario. 1.2 million acres and only gets about 1,000 visitors a year. Very remote and from the people I’ve talked to that have been there, they don’t call it fishing up there they call it catching. 

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic