Field trips 2.0

BC witness

On 11/13/2019 at 8:33 PM, Madison5716 said:

Beautiful, NathanFooter! Welcome to the west coast. Great photos! If you travel to Oregon ever, give us a shout!

Thank you,  I had spent the past 3 years in WA conducting my research in Lewis and Pierce counties but I have since relocated to Northern ID.  I know your beautiful state well,  my better half and I backpacked 44 miles on the Timberline loop trail ( Mt Hood ) for our honeymoon. 

• Upvote 1

Hey NathanFooter, ah, well! I was gone for 5 years here; i was last here in 2012-2013 and returned last November.  I'm apparently behind the times. Congratulations on your marriage, that's awesome! Seems like life is treating you well and I'm happy for you. The offer still stands. Give me a shput if yuh you're down this way. Cheers!

I managed to get the photos of the Grizzly and wolf prints.  The wolves appear to exit from the same location as the bear and seemed to pursue on up the mountain, we noted several locations with fresh hunters trimmings.  I think it is possible the bear was making off with some carcass piece and the pack was on the scent, just guess work on this.   

grizzandfoot.JPG

grizzdstep.jpg

grizztrackway.JPG

wolfprints.JPG

5 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Hey NathanFooter, ah, well! I was gone for 5 years here; i was last here in 2012-2013 and returned last November.  I'm apparently behind the times. Congratulations on your marriage, that's awesome! Seems like life is treating you well and I'm happy for you. The offer still stands. Give me a shput if yuh you're down this way. Cheers!

I will certainly do so,  thanks.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, norseman said:

Just took this pic a little bit ago from my barn.

Looks like ole Sasquatch could climb right out of the mist.

CEF2903A-1BC0-44E4-92AD-383B0EB44449.jpeg

BAM?!?!

On 11/19/2019 at 9:31 PM, norseman said:

B A R N

Just saw this. I was hoping one would crawl right out of that mist and THEN...BAM!

On 11/20/2019 at 2:48 AM, Incorrigible1 said:

NE Kansas?

😉

Look, he isn't trying to prove anything to anyone.

But I so see at least two different types in that pic.

55 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Just saw this. I was hoping one would crawl right out of that mist and THEN...BAM!

Look, he isn't trying to prove anything to anyone.

But I so see at least two different types in that pic.

Bam? Like hit me over the head bam?:huh:

Oh! Duh! You mean a gunshot! Sorry!

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Norse, Nathanfoote r and BC Witness

Thanks for sharing the awesome pictures.

This Florida native loves the beautiful outdoors of the PNW . I will be returning to the Bluff Creek area this January to visit my youngest daughter.

I always look forward to my time there. Thanks again for the reminder of the natural beauty that awaits me. She is  a big believer in the  mythical creature and claims to have seen them.

Perhaps, she can show me . :rolleyes:

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic