Field trips 2.0

BC witness

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful country!!  And you even managed to get a blobsquatch in the last picture.  Across the lake behind that small pine tree that is closest to the water.

Well son of a gun, you're right. I didn't see that, but unfortunately, it's no more convincing than any other blobsquatch photo that I've seen. There have been 2 possible, though unconfirmed, sightings within a km of that spot, both seen by clients of Sasquatch Country Adventure Tours, while on ATV tours with either Thomas Steenburg or Bill Miller (BigFootHunter on this forum). The sighting nearest that spot was seen by a 10 yr old girl, with her mother, on tour with Thomas. The sighting was about 500m uphill behind that small lake. By the time she was able to voice her possible sighting, they had gone a few meters past the line of sight, so neither the mother nor Thomas got a look at it, as it had disappeared by the time Thomas could back up to where they could see upslope where she had indicated the creature was. 

Another client, a middle aged man, had a sighting about a km west of the lake, and again, said nothing until they had passed the spot, thinking that he was being hoaxed. When they had gone some distance past the spot, he realized that neither Thomas nor Bill had mentioned anything, so he spoke up, and they backtracked back to where he said he saw the figure down in a ravine alongside the trail. They all trekked down the steep slope to the bottom, where the figure had stood, but found nothing more than some trampled brush. No tracks or hair were located. That ravine carries a small seasonal creek that feeds the same lake that's in my photo.

• Upvote 1

What I find curious about the picture is why the sasquatch would be looking toward the lake rather than toward the person taking the picture.

Looks like another tree to me back in the alders. If that is the case how can we tell which way the tree is looking. 😉

There are a LOT of black bears in this area, so that blob in my pic could be a bear, a stump, or almost any other large dark object, so a blobsomething. 

There is now several feet of snow in that area, so I probably won't be able to check it out before Spring.

Edited by BC witness

The terrain slopes up quite steeply from just behind that small evergreen, so it could be a bear or whatever just behind and uphill from the tree. 

There is an ATV trail at the top of the ridge seen in that pic, which is where the girl had her sighting while riding with Thomas a couple of years ago.

The area west of the lake (to the right in the photo) is very swampy, and full of bullrushes (cat tails), which have been reported as squatch snacks. I've always felt that this area could be a regular feeding spot, with lots of water and water plants to sustain a large animal, hence the large number of bears around there.IMG_0262_(1).thumb.JPG.58c8f8f5843e3638136af40455852186.JPG

5 minutes ago, BC witness said:

The terrain slopes up quite steeply from just behind that small evergreen, so it could be a bear or whatever just behind and uphill from the tree. 

There is an ATV trail at the top of the ridge seen in that pic, which is where the girl had her sighting while riding with Thomas a couple of years ago.

The area west of the lake (to the right in the photo) is very swampy, and full of bullrushes (cat tails), which have been reported as squatch snacks. I've always felt that this area could be a regular feeding spot, with lots of water and water plants to sustain a large animal, hence the large number of bears around there.IMG_0262_(1).thumb.JPG.58c8f8f5843e3638136af40455852186.JPG

Thanks!

Ive eaten cat tail bases on outings. Tastes like cucumber.

Like cucumber? I'll have to give it a try.

It's been raining here in the valley every day for the last 2 weeks, which means snow at the elevation of that lake, but if it clears this weekend, I'll try to get up there for another look around.

I took it to be a boulder.  Basalt?  There are others scattered around in the area.  It was just the shape (shoulder slope) and size that made me throw that out in jest. 

It does look like there's a bear in about the middle up the hill just entering the tree line though.

6 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

What I find curious about the picture is why the sasquatch would be looking toward the lake rather than toward the person taking the picture.

? I'm not sure you're looking at the same thing I am.  You can't see any 'head' on what I was referring to.  My reference was about the lone pine on the hillside and closer to the water kind of to the right of center with a dark blob behind it.

If I look at the bottom picture of BC's post at the top of Page 34, you'll see a pond. It you look at the edge of the pond closest to us  in the middle, there is a dark thin tree where only the trunk is visible.  Right next to that on the right, it looks to me like a blobsquatch with its back to us looking out onto the pond.

If you can't see it and BC gives me permission, I will copy the picture and put a circle around the image my eyes see as a blobquatch and repost the picture here.

BFF Patron

There is a shadow area in the green tree area just to the right of the tree that takes up the whole left side of the picture.    Whatever is in that area is not very reflective but it is most likely just a patch of shadow.   Maybe we need to do what the astronomers have done finding black holes.    Look for areas devoid of reflected light.    Oh boy,   I just gave the woo woo crowd another version of BF.    They exist mostly in an adjacent universe and have their own event horizon.    Come on Dr J,   catch up.     :)

Edited by SWWASAS

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic