Field trips 2.0

BC witness

1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

If I look at the bottom picture of BC's post at the top of Page 34, you'll see a pond. It you look at the edge of the pond closest to us  in the middle, there is a dark thin tree where only the trunk is visible.  Right next to that on the right, it looks to me like a blobsquatch with its back to us looking out onto the pond.

If you can't see it and BC gives me permission, I will copy the picture and put a circle around the image my eyes see as a blobquatch and repost the picture here.

Hope you get permission bc I can't see what you are. 

Always up for a good blobsquatch. :)

Edited by NatFoot

I see what you're referring to now. Only thing I can say is that what looks like two separate legs might not be such. I think that what looks like the space between the two legs is a cattail stem? Other than that I can see how a BF could be interpreted as being there. Then again.....wha'do I know.

Edited by hiflier

OK, wiiawiwb, I see what you're referring to.  That's just shadow on the water.  What I'm referring to is just to the right of that and up about 1-1/2 inches on the picture behind that pine tree across the water. 

I see what wiiawiwb is refering to, and can confirm that it is a dark area on the water surface. I took the picture from close enough to that spot that if it were a creature, it would be about 30" tall, but feel free to go ahead and highlight my photo to confirm that we're talking about the same spot. 

I saw the dark area that JustCurious pointed out as soon as he mentioned it, and think it's just a shadow feature in the foliage, but I'm curious enough to go back for another look when I can.

Behind Lake Ellen today. Lake is froze over but it was 34 degrees today and wet snow.

Out of 3 batteries on my drone only one worked. Got about 20-30 min of flight footage. The new drone rules are dumb. It has a 350 ft ceiling. It takes into account the take off point elevation. So flying up the mtn I was running out of airspace! Need to launch from the highest point available.

Saw deer, moose, rabbit tracks was it. Would love to find some Moose sheds!

Checked out the “swamp” were the skunk cabbage grows in spring. Nada.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I swear you look like a different person every time you post a photo!

Looks like beautiful country.

I do? Different facial hair maybe?

I do like that area around Lake Ellen/White mtn.

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

You are one smart researcher, Norseman. What were the temps?

Above freezing and melting.

Not a researcher... just a hunter.

• Upvote 1

Looks like beautiful country Norse and love the setup on your truck that you displayed built/launched  earlier this year.

• Thanks 1

Norse, I was looking not only at your tracks but your truck's tracks as well. Those are very aggressive tires based on the footprint they leave in the second picture in your post above. Are they XF Tires Mud Tracker M/Ts?

11 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Norse, I was looking not only at your tracks but your truck's tracks as well. Those are very aggressive tires based on the footprint they leave in the second picture in your post above. Are they XF Tires Mud Tracker M/Ts?

We lost a tire on our NM/CO/AZ trip. Had Nitto Grapplers put on. Not sure what these winter time studded tires are. Will check.

BFG AT's for the win.   I've had great luck with those for All Terrain.  I'm running Wrangler MTR's on my Tahoe and while I like them they seem to wear faster probably due to being more aggressive tread hence less contact patch on the road and softer rubber.  That Tahoe is pretty heavy to boot.  

1 hour ago, norseman said:

We lost a tire on our NM/CO/AZ trip. Had Nitto Grapplers put on. Not sure what these winter time studded tires are. Will check.

Perlmancrop3-640x480.jpg

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic