Field trips 2.0

BC witness

I finally got this thing uploaded. Gig feel free to tie this in to your BFF channel. After numerous 2 hour attempts and crashes and a YT upgrade its done.

About the video. This is one of my favorite spots up Barnaby creek behind Lake Ellen on the way to White mountain. This is just north of the Colville Indian Reservation. There is a swamp in here that produces skunk cabbage in the spring. You guys have seen pictures of this area before. 

The flight itself was kind of foggy and drizzling. I had waited a bit before launching because it was slowly burning off. I saw plenty of Moose and Deer sign on the way in but I never saw anything FPV in the flight.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 3

One thing that strike me funny about the drone footage is how sparse the forest looks from the air. It looks thick from the ground. I think in most spots if something had been moving on the ground I would have spotted it. Even more likely if I was using googles.

5 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

That's awesome footage!

How high up is the drone in this video?

Thanks!

With the latest update I’m limited to 350 feet roughly.

Edited by norseman

Just now, norseman said:

With the latest update I’m limited to 350 feet roughly.

That threshold is set by the software, so not a hardware limitation?

3 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

That threshold is set by the software, so not a hardware limitation?

Yah, before I could fly about 1200 ft high. Technically you would only be limited by the radio telemetry or about 1.5 miles

Edited by norseman
  • Thanks 1

1200 ft down to 350????  That's a helluva a restriction.

You need to break those chains and fly free....

Nice video Norse!  Beautiful country too. Do you think you could pick up a trackway in the snow with that?

Now you have me wanting one. Do you mind my asking what video camera is attached to it? It takes gorgeous videos.

9 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Nice video Norse!  Beautiful country too. Do you think you could pick up a trackway in the snow with that?

Now you have me wanting one. Do you mind my asking what video camera is attached to it? It takes gorgeous videos.

Well I dipped a few times because I thought I had seen some tracks. I guess I would need to test it.

Its a DJI Phantom 4 Falcon edition. So it’s one unit.

Were you flying at 350 ft over the trees?  I noticed when you brought it back in that you looked almost like a speck.  Assuming just a tad bit bigger for a Sasquatch, it would still be hard to make out unless it moved.

That is not a healthy forest...  Sad.  Drought?

11 minutes ago, JustCurious said:

Were you flying at 350 ft over the trees?  I noticed when you brought it back in that you looked almost like a speck.  Assuming just a tad bit bigger for a Sasquatch, it would still be hard to make out unless it moved.

That is not a healthy forest...  Sad.  Drought?

At times. The ceiling limit is added to the take off elevation.

What your seeing I think is Western Larch. Only evergreen to lose its needles in fall.

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic