Field trips 2.0

BC witness

On 7/31/2020 at 2:13 AM, PNWexplorer said:

I'm going on a short 2-day tent camping trip in Idaho with my girlfriend next week in a pretty remote area.

Our main focus will be on taking the UTV on some trips to huckleberry patches and digging for garnets.  Lots of bears in the area and a few wolves.  Not going to be a "Bigfoot Expedition" per se.  I don't have a thermal camera, or even a video camera with night vision, yet, so not sure how effective we would be going out at night.  But at least we will be out in the wilderness and aware of our surroundings and looking for evidence.  Better than nothing, I suppose.

Area we'll be in:

Emeraldcreek1.PNG

Stay safe re: grizzlies. They really freak me out.

• Upvote 1

On 7/31/2020 at 2:13 AM, PNWexplorer said:

I'm going on a short 2-day tent camping trip in Idaho with my girlfriend next week in a pretty remote area.

Our main focus will be on taking the UTV on some trips to huckleberry patches and digging for garnets.  Lots of bears in the area and a few wolves.  Not going to be a "Bigfoot Expedition" per se.  I don't have a thermal camera, or even a video camera with night vision, yet, so not sure how effective we would be going out at night.  But at least we will be out in the wilderness and aware of our surroundings and looking for evidence.  Better than nothing, I suppose.

Do you have a means by which to protect yourself?

4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Do you have a means by which to protect yourself?

I have a few choices for my woods guns...

a349ZsuZQye_iL88RgnFxQ.jpg

krZ4m-MDRYaI3gVNYZeyuw.jpg

Edited by PNWexplorer
  • Upvote 3

Wow, I'd say you are amply protected. What a great collection. Kudos. I really like the customized coating on the slide of your Glock 29(SF?). Very nice.

I find that I can't bring a long gun with me because they don't backpack easily or comfortably. If only I had the Wild West Guns Co-Pilot things might change!!

https://www.wildwestguns.com/custom-guns/ak-co-pilot/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

Wow, I'd say you are amply protected. What a great collection. Kudos. I really like the customized coating on the slide of your Glock 29(SF?). Very nice.

I find that I can't bring a long gun with me because they don't backpack easily or comfortably. If only I had the Wild West Guns Co-Pilot things might change!!

Nice! Thanks for the link.

@PNWexplorer is your lever gun a 30-30 or larger caliber? Did you buy with the light OD stock or is that aftermarket?

14 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Unless you need it in a hurry :D

Admin

Everytime there are gun pics on the front page slider, our traffic goes down...  here is WV, a stream by Black Water Falls, the water actually looks black but it's the tannic acid from the trees that turns the water dark.

IMG_20160227_115958465.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gigantor said:

Everytime there are gun pics on the front page slider, our traffic goes down...  here is WV, a stream by Black Water Falls, the water actually looks black but it's the tannic acid from the trees that turns the water dark.

IMG_20160227_115958465.jpg

Interesting correlation.

Pretty pic.

Took a trip theu Wisconsin and up thru the MI UP these past few days.   No BF activity but wasn’t really looking for it either.  all of these pics are from the UP of MI.  

E1CF35BC-4D70-4505-9726-E1689FED696D.jpeg

23F44BD7-F81A-4FD5-9DDA-9E12559C750F.jpeg

FE4DD09A-FD4E-44BA-80C7-AF9225E943E2.jpeg

88DF275A-36D0-4D3D-A21F-48588AFB3EAF.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Some more pics.  Sorry for the typos above.  Posting from my phone.  Hopefully this give some perspective on how dense MI forests can be. 

1C92B0EB-FC54-4A9F-9F73-BEC252A1469C.jpeg

027E0BD8-F67D-46CF-9FC8-5481AE563D74.jpeg

0A7AB939-14F4-4531-B863-FD51D201E490.jpeg

• Thanks 2

On 8/2/2020 at 5:48 AM, NatFoot said:

Nice! Thanks for the link.

@PNWexplorer is your lever gun a 30-30 or larger caliber? Did you buy with the light OD stock or is that aftermarket?

The lever gun is a Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt that I bought stock, then modified it to use as a camping/hiking/jeeping carbine.  I sanded the stock and added a coat of textured desert sand spray paint and coated it with matte finish clear coat.  I added the Dagger Defense red dot and a picitinny rail for the Surefire light.  The AR is in .450 Bushmaster, the Ruger pistol is .45 Colt, the Glock is 10mm, and the subgun is 9mm.  Subgun is actually an Extar EP-9 and not really a woods gun, but it's now my primary home defense weapon.  The Glock goes with me nearly every time I go into the woods.

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic