Field trips 2.0

BC witness

BFF Patron
On 11/20/2020 at 7:52 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

Her clock is ticking.     About 2 years of her ten years prediction of warming and the ocean swamping Manhatton and all low lying areas on earth has passed.   In another 8 will she realize she has been misinformed?   In the mean time she is jetting all over the planet and contributing to polution.   She is so emotional that honestly I don't think she will make it 8 years.   She will probably off herself to avoid drowning before then.   It should be noted that Barack Obama recently purchased a low lying Marthas Vinyard property.    Apparently he is not too concerned he will be flooded outl    The hypocracy of this bunch is incredible.  

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron
On 11/19/2020 at 5:40 PM, BC witness said:

@SWWASAS, Robert's recent flights have been mostly to get an overview, rather than to spot actual creature movement. I will be prevailing upon him to try some lower, slower flights over the creekbeds in the future. A situation that we have to be careful of, is that drones are illegal for spotting game while hunting in BC, so we can't have firearms/tags in the same vehicle as a drone.

I certainly am not saying a drone is not useful.    Like P/G one can get lucky and see one in the open.     I ofen wonder what is on the back side of a ridge or up on some high ground.     There are a couple of places near where I have experienced BF activity that I simply cannot get to because of the climb.    I just have the gut feeling that the BF hang around in places where it is difficult for humans to get to because it is safe for them there.    Only coming down to hunt or forage or in my case mess with me when I was down below.    As I mentioned I will soon begin work on a winged drone since I have just completed a couple of other projects I have been working on.      The COVID 19 thing has at least motivated me to tackle projects I have had on the back burner just to have something to do to get out of the house.   My E Bike will certainly open up places I have not been able to get to before.   The way it looks I should get a range close to 60 miles because of the big battery pack I got for it.   

Edited by SWWASAS

11 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

Her clock is ticking.     About 2 years of her ten years prediction of warming and the ocean swamping Manhatton and all low lying areas on earth has passed.   In another 8 will she realize she has been misinformed?   In the mean time she is jetting all over the planet and contributing to polution.   She is so emotional that honestly I don't think she will make it 8 years.   She will probably off herself to avoid drowning before then.   It should be noted that Barack Obama recently purchased a low lying Marthas Vinyard property.    Apparently he is not too concerned he will be flooded outl    The hypocracy of this bunch is incredible.  

Agree on all points.

I posted this as part of a reply to ShadowBorn in another thread, but figured that I would put it hear in Field Trips.

We seem to have more luck finding activity in the area of old abandoned settlements in this region.  There were a lot of little settlements that dotted the area but were abandoned in the early 1900s.  Even if no trace of the buildings exist you can still find flat areas where old dirt roads once were. 

These places are hard to get to and aren't on any map or trail.  We stumble across them crisscrossing the forests here.

We were in Devil's Creek looking around yesterday.  Unlike other settlements that were abandoned when the land was taken over by the government for the creation of national or state forests, this area was voluntarily abandoned in the late 1940s for some reason.  That abandonment,  coupled with the strange names found there (Devil's Creek, Hell's Hollow, Booger Hollow), is why we decided to explore it.  This building is a bit more preserved than what we usually find.  It was accessible to hikers until about ten years ago, so there was a ton of old graffiti on it...the latest being dated 2012.  People would hike in via a rail line and bridge, but the bridge was closed off a decade ago.  

The hikes in and out were brutal.  There was an old long unused trail that was nothing but loose large rocks that we found mentioned on an old blog discussing the history of the area.  We cut through the woods a few miles and found the spot.  Hiking out over the rocks was punishing, especially considering that we have been exploring the areas just a few miles off of old gravel roads for the past few months.  I have gotten soft.  My body feels like I have been beaten by a baseball bat.

Very, very interesting area, though.  There supposedly is an old cemetery that was still somewhat visible ten years ago, but we didn't find it before we lost light.  We usually do most of our investigating at night, but chose not to spend the night there.  We will return there soon.

36190.jpeg

• Upvote 2

Nice fixer-upper with wrap around porch! I'm sure you've looked into it--find any local lore on the area? Mine or mill closures? As you mentioned, the names given to the places could well be a factor in the abandonment eh? 

• Upvote 1

@BlackRockBigfoot Listening to this guy, I recalled your white rocks area, Don't know how valid the claim is, nor do I know  anything about the physics of said claim but at 5:45 he mentions quartz and heightened paranormal activity:

Edited by Kiwakwe
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Nice fixer-upper with wrap around porch! I'm sure you've looked into it--find any local lore on the area? Mine or mill closures? As you mentioned, the names given to the places could well be a factor in the abandonment eh? 

So far I have found the usual Appalachian ghost stories.  Some of graffiti and other things that we found hinted at ongoing occult activity.  Seemed quite a bit more sophisticated than your typical rural mountain metalhead type of stuff.  

This guy went to Lost Cove before the train bridge closed and has a couple of odd things happen to him.  Lost Cove is adjacent to Devil's Creek.

http://maxcooperphoto.com/blog/the-wolf-the-snake-and-the-bear/

4 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

@BlackRockBigfoot Listening to this guy, I recalled your white rocks area, Don't know how valid the claim is, nor do I know  anything about the physics of said claim but at 5:45 he mentions quartz and heightened paranormal activity:

Awesome!  I will give it a listen.  We need to head back up there, schedule permitting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JKH said:

Spooky looking and sounding! You couldn't pay me to spend the night there, but I'd drop some recorders... :thumbsup:

It was creepy at night, although I will readily admit that I was already creeped out due to some of the graffiti.  

No noises, although it did sound at times like someone was following us up the trail.  A few times we heard the sound of something moving over the loose rocks, but never saw anything.  

What it did have in abundance was spooky lights.  We saw several in the area around that old house as we hiked the switchbacks up the side of the mountain.  

It's 2 hours away from Brown Mountain.  The whole area is known for strange lights in the woods.  We saw ones that appeared out of nowhere and then slowly faded, as well as 2 that kind of bounced and danced around the settlement then moved straight up the side of the mountain only to stop and fade away.  

There are no people or houses there.  No light to cause any refections.  

No real sign of any potential Bigfoot activity though, so I don't know if we will be back anytime soon.  I didn't feel comfortable there and getting in and out is brutal.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team
On 11/22/2020 at 5:42 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

Cool skin thank you. Am i missing something though ? I'm viewing it like this.

WV GE.jpg

4 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

IMG_20201122_104718_01.jpg

PXL_20201123_164142336.jpg

Monster slayer...I know.

The 7pt is/was the 2nd biggest buck they have on camera. 

Whoa!

You got both of them?

You are still out there for a couple of days, right?

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic