Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Admin

Are you able to climb the tower or is it locked off?

Looks like you got a wee bit of snow as well.

Admin

Its WV, we can climb it :biggrin:

It was snowing at the top of the mountain.

• Upvote 1

Wow, I'll say it's foggy.  Looks like winter has officially come to WV.  An audio recorder should be able to pick up sounds well there.

Admin
12 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Looks like winter has officially come to WV.  An audio recorder should be able to pick up sounds well there

Its 22 degrees right now!  brrrrr

@wiiawiwb I've learned that to capture howls and such, the higher the better. 

@Madison5716 WV is a lot of fun. We went 4  wheeling today, it was a blast. There is a lot of land to explore.  I'm scouting places for next year.

Gigantor...that's an absolutely beautiful area. It also looks very rugged with vertical in your approach from every direction.

Your Wrangler is perfectly suited to the terrain you ask it to conquer!

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, gigantor said:

I'm in West Virginia cruising to a fire watch tower at the top of the mountain, its very foggy here.

Gigantor, I love walking in woods when it is all foggy or snowing. There is just some thing about that that makes me good. Great pictures.

• Thanks 1

Admin
1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

Gigantor...that's an absolutely beautiful area. It also looks very rugged with vertical in your approach from every direction.

Your Wrangler is perfectly suited to the terrain you ask it to conquer!

Therr are a lot of forest service roads, so its not that bad unless it rains or snows.

The elevation changes create "micro-climates"  in the mountains here. It could be snowing in the top of the mountain and nice and  relatively warm down at the base.

IMG_20211104_205001_01.jpg

IMG_20211104_141613085.jpg

Base

IMG_20211103_165022632_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211103_165558371.jpg

• Like 2

Admin

I found another tower, but its in disrepair and it looks like they are going to bring it down.

IMG_20211104_142757464.jpg

image000000_09.jpg

• Like 1

Out elk hunting with a buddy today. Just cows thus far. But he can shoot any bull in the Selkirks. Took the ebikes. It threw mud all over his rifle. Need fenders. Pretty slim pickings here compared to the Colockum.

ABFDCE92-F6BA-463F-93CA-D350EE49B88D.jpeg

435C3D25-B021-49CA-A34F-1AA1B0516057.jpeg

Yes, 'tis the season. Today I got out to the valley where I had my experiences over 40 years ago, and found cold rain at the low end and heavy, wet snow at the higher elevations. Several other 4x4s were in the valley, and all I saw was dog and human tracks. I did find a pretty sturdy lean to shelter at the end of a branch road, next to a roaring creek.

IMG_0887.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

IMG_0885.JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic