Field trips 2.0

BC witness

4 minutes ago, norseman said:

My cousins daughters house is almost under water in Sedro Woolley.

Yes, the NW corner of Wa. got hit with the same storm that dumped 180mm (about 8") of rain on us here in SW BC in 48 hours. Creeks and rivers just couldn't contain it at that rate.

1 hour ago, BC witness said:

Yes, the NW corner of Wa. got hit with the same storm that dumped 180mm (about 8") of rain on us here in SW BC in 48 hours. Creeks and rivers just couldn't contain it at that rate.

The Chugach mountains in Alaska got 12 feet of snow in one go. Pineapple Express they are calling it.

Either everything is on fire or drowning! Crazy!

WOW!! It just got worse.

The City of Abbotsford just issued an emergency evacuation order for all of Sumas Prairie. The Barrowtown pump station at the Vedder Canal is failing, and water has risen another foot in the last hour. When the pumps fail, the Fraser and Vedder rivers will flow into the flatlands and raise many more feet. Farmers have been ordered to abandon livestock and get out. I've been hearing many heli flights over my place in the last hour, going in to rescue anyone who hasn't already left.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, BC witness said:

WOW!! It just got worse.

The City of Abbotsford just issued an emergency evacuation order for all of Sumas Prairie. The Barrowtown pump station at the Vedder Canal is failing, and water has risen another foot in the last hour. When the pumps fail, the Fraser and Vedder rivers will flow into the flatlands and raise many more feet. Farmers have been ordered to abandon livestock and get out. I've been hearing many heli flights over my place in the last hour, going in to rescue anyone who hasn't already left.

So sorry to hear this!

12 hours ago, BC witness said:

Yes, lots of people caught on backroads behind washouts and mud slides. I got through from Chilliwack yesterday just about an hour before they closed Hwy !. Both N and S Parallel roads were already flooded up to the bottom of road signs. It'll take days for Sumas Prairie to drain down enough to open the roads again.

Remember, Sumas Prairie was formed from the draining of Sumas Lake. It looks like Mother Nature is reclaiming her own.

Vancouver is pretty much isolated from the rest of BC. Highways 1, 3, and 5 are closed due to mudslides and bridge washouts. Over on Vancouver Island, the main route out of Victoria, the Malahat Highway, is closed. Fun times in Bigfoot country!

13 hours ago, norseman said:

The Chugach mountains in Alaska got 12 feet of snow in one go. Pineapple Express they are calling it..........

In Anchorage, it was officially a 5.5" snowfall last Wednesday night, because the measuring place is at the international airport. But at my daughter's house, a 9 mile crow flight to the east and at the base of the Chugach Mountains, they got 18". Now it's sub-zero cold. The forecast is -18 degrees tonight. It's -4 degrees this morning at my home between Palmer and Wasilla. Mrs. Huntster and I went north to the Willow area to check the lakes for ice thickness. Ice fishing season is close. There wasn't as much snow. Apparently the Chugach Mountains held the storm and it just dumped its load there.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cmknight said:

Vancouver is pretty much isolated from the rest of BC. Highways 1, 3, and 5 are closed due to mudslides and bridge washouts. Over on Vancouver Island, the main route out of Victoria, the Malahat Highway, is closed. Fun times in Bigfoot country!

The I5 corridor is still open yes?

11 hours ago, BC witness said:

Not sure about I5, I heard they had some flooding and slides too.

Never been to the States from Vancouver, so I'm unsure of where the I5 enters Canada. I used to always go down from the Kootenays, and go through Metalline Falls. From what I hear, because of the Sumas Prairie flooding, the Sumas border crossing is closed. Peace Arch is still open, though.

Admin

Some fall pictures from WV.

IMG_20211112_211709126.jpg

IMG_20211103_211232780.jpg

IMG_20211103_164957167_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211103_174303564.jpg

IMG_20211103_165017781_HDR.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic