Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Very pretty area. Looks like there could be a lot of up-and-down hiking during the course of an outing. It also looks like a thermal might be very helpful as you should be able to see through to the hillside across from you. That would offer excellent opportunities. 

Thanks for sharing.

4 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

It also looks like a thermal might be very helpful as you should be able to see through to the hillside across from you. That would offer excellent opportunities.

Indeed, thermals this time of year and on into Spring is when they are at their best, day or night. Either for the ones one looks through, or the ones one wears :)  

• Haha 1

It’s officially winter. A blizzard here today.

The elk are back on the deer blind. Yesterday I saw a bull and 4 cows. The Blazer is back with a new transfer case! Gets around great!

22F01351-E871-45EC-B43B-D461D985E583.jpeg

ECBDD948-E3DD-4166-9EC3-54AB6BC09D0E.jpeg

EEC1C089-552C-49D8-AC46-BCF3549E582D.jpeg

8774363B-7041-4489-AA3F-9C84917E3B2E.jpeg

Edited by norseman
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Admin
1 hour ago, norseman said:

The Blazer is back with a new transfer case! Gets around great!

Wait, when did you get a Blazer?

It's the same color as the 79 I used to have in the '90s. I miss that truck!

2 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Wait, when did you get a Blazer?

It's the same color as the 79 I used to have in the '90s. I miss that truck!

The pics didnt come through the first time, sorry!

I got it in a trade with my daughter for a down payment on our Rice house.

2 hours ago, langfordbc said:

Monday was my last day of powerlining for a while, about 20 miles north of Terrace, BC. Checked out some nearby rec sites at the end of the day. First three are Kitsumkalum Lake and the large black bear tracks found there. Tip of pinky to tip of thumb about 7" in that picture. Last is Red Sand Lake. Nicest lake beach I've ever seen in my life.

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Gorgeous photos, thanks for sharing them.

3 hours ago, langfordbc said:

Monday was my last day of powerlining for a while, about 20 miles north of Terrace, BC. Checked out some nearby rec sites at the end of the day. First three are Kitsumkalum Lake and the large black bear tracks found there. Tip of pinky to tip of thumb about 7" in that picture. Last is Red Sand Lake. Nicest lake beach I've ever seen in my life.

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

Those toes look pretty squared off and the claws long pretty long on that front paw? Ain’t that a Griz? 

Beautiful area!

Looks like a great day out in the snow, norseman. Love the old Blazer, I had 1 first gen, and 2 different 2nd gen like yours, and they were tanks. My boys got them after me, and beat on them hard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

Those toes look pretty squared off and the claws long pretty long on that front paw? Ain’t that a Griz? 

Beautiful area!

Had a pretty experienced former bear hunting guide with us. He seemed to be confident that it was a black, based mostly on the rear pad print. In person the curvature of the front toes seemed more apparent than in that photo. It is absolutely Grizzly country so it is possible, I just referred to his judgement. Another picture from a few feet away:

IMG_0132.jpg

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, langfordbc said:

Had a pretty experienced former bear hunting guide with us. He seemed to be confident that it was a black, based mostly on the rear pad print. In person the curvature of the front toes seemed more apparent than in that photo. It is absolutely Grizzly country so it is possible, I just referred to his judgement. Another picture from a few feet away:

IMG_0132.jpg

I will defer to the guide! Thanks bud.

2 minutes ago, norseman said:

I will defer to the guide! Thanks bud.

Haha. Me too! If it makes you feel any better he took half a minute to make up his mind.

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic