Field trips 2.0

BC witness

• 2 weeks later...

Got back from the K Diamond K ranch Xmas party. It was a field trip into the house….

Chevy was stuck. Dodge was stuck. Back and forth. Blew the actuator out of the front axle on the Dodge.. What a mess.

Tomorrow I will dig out.

36252D28-F839-4924-A720-B451C279CA25.jpeg

56B5A1EC-4C08-41B0-8E37-1208F48C7D47.jpeg

3DD4C83F-F5C8-4D9B-83C6-A7E03AF77C34.jpeg

EF6A7257-1522-49F3-B294-A5A6086ED13E.jpeg

022E6FF1-EBFB-4F97-9ECA-B36825E95EFC.jpeg

5D5D0EA3-55D0-4628-8821-68DD254CD0DD.jpeg

FD02505A-EA61-48D7-B26B-5CE39A7778F5.jpeg

347C79B9-99D1-403B-A3A3-5802572C17C1.jpeg

C01944E4-BD45-410C-B4A6-97CD2D4E1543.jpeg

• Sad 1

Crap, Norseman, your winter 's already been long enough as it is. But that's true for the Sasquatches, too, unless they booked it to the west side of I-5 and perhaps Gray's Harbor for the season. Lots of dangerous hidden obstacles for a biped under all that white stuff.

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

I don't envy you Norseman but feel your pain. Came back from a difficult X country trip to a bum back-up heater and a dead well pump which took me 11 hrs to sort, finishing under lights hanging from trees, no snow though. How'd the front actuator blow?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

I don't envy you Norseman but feel your pain. Came back from a difficult X country trip to a bum back-up heater and a dead well pump which took me 11 hrs to sort, finishing under lights hanging from trees, no snow though. How'd the front actuator blow?

I got my wife pulled up to the front of the Dodge so I tried to go around her on the low-side. Cuz the well is on the high-side. The Dodge slid sideways like a battleship coming out of dry dock. So I got my wife spun around and started winching to her on the drive way. I locked it up and got out the traction boards. Somewhere in trying to claw onto the traction boards I heard a big BANG. I wasn't on the throttle hard but both front tires were spinning. 

So I swapped the boards to the rear as I was now 2WD and kept winching. The rear end held. And I finally got out using the winch and boards anchored by the Chevy.

BFF Patron

Wow, white Christmas x10, looks like an epic storm, hope you can fix up and dig out without further incident!  

Looks like quite a roof loading you've got there too!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, norseman said:

I got my wife pulled up to the front of the Dodge so I tried to go around her on the low-side. Cuz the well is on the high-side. The Dodge slid sideways like a battleship coming out of dry dock. So I got my wife spun around and started winching to her on the drive way. I locked it up and got out the traction boards. Somewhere in trying to claw onto the traction boards I heard a big BANG. I wasn't on the throttle hard but both front tires were spinning. 

So I swapped the boards to the rear as I was now 2WD and kept winching. The rear end held. And I finally got out using the winch and boards anchored by the Chevy.

Will Selkirk Outfitters sort that or do you get to have the fun?

25 minutes ago, Kiwakwe said:

Will Selkirk Outfitters sort that or do you get to have the fun?

Its my sons little company. So I will eat it. But I dont want to stick the same weak actuator on there. Looking at options.

• Like 1

Lot of snow. Sorry to hear about the problems related to it. Nothing worse than being stuck during the winter as options are sometimes limited until the road gets cleared. Good luck getting things fixed. 

• Thanks 1

BFF Patron

@Brian  How does yours size up to this one;  https://www.shoptics.com/atn-ots-4t-384-4-5-18x-thermal-smart-hd-monocular.html?_iv_code=AT-THM-O4T45-TIMNO4384A&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7p6zz7D1-wIVQxB9Ch2UVQkxEAQYASABEgJsePD_BwE

@norseman  stay safe out there watch out for fireballs that could help melt off your roof load, those wayward Chinese dying satellites act as funny alarm clocks sometimes

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

@Brian  How does yours size up to this one;  https://www.shoptics.com/atn-ots-4t-384-4-5-18x-thermal-smart-hd-monocular.html?_iv_code=AT-THM-O4T45-TIMNO4384A&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7p6zz7D1-wIVQxB9Ch2UVQkxEAQYASABEgJsePD_BwE

@norseman  stay safe out there watch out for fireballs that could help melt off your roof load, those wayward Chinese dying satellites act as funny alarm clocks sometimes

That's not real ! scam !!!!   look at ATM website. Not trying to sale. was a reply to a post a few pages back ! And look at a Jeep Rubicon won't have those problems !

Edited by Brian
  • Upvote 1

On 11/20/2018 at 1:04 PM, gigantor said:

Several members have drones and have tried them; unfortunately, they are impractical unless equipped with FLIR. because the camera cannot penetrate the tree canopy.

That technology is coming they have it now but not for you and me will be 5-10 years 

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic