2:00 AM Encounters. What's Up With That ?

WSA

8 hours ago, gigantor said:

Who goes fishing at night?  there must be something wrong with the data...

Bass fishing at night is fantastic. Use all-black, floating lures. 

The strange part about sightings at night is how the fisherman saw the bigfoot. You'd have to assume by flashlight but I suspect many of the sightings were at or near a full moon. 

I may have to do a fishing and moon phase search to confirm that.

Edit to add:    I just checked the database and 40% of the night-time fishing sightings occurred when there was no visible moon.  There must be a flashlight involved unless others can explain how the fisherman saw the sasquatch.

Edited by wiiawiwb

Admin

Class B events.

Awesome information. Thanks for sharing and the effort. 

First thing I thought of was closing time .I have seen lots of interesting things around 2am. Lol 

On 8/8/2018 at 7:12 AM, wiiawiwb said:

Bass fishing at night is fantastic. Use all-black, floating lures. 

The strange part about sightings at night is how the fisherman saw the bigfoot. You'd have to assume by flashlight but I suspect many of the sightings were at or near a full moon. 

I may have to do a fishing and moon phase search to confirm that.

Edit to add:    I just checked the database and 40% of the night-time fishing sightings occurred when there was no visible moon.  There must be a flashlight involved unless others can explain how the fisherman saw the sasquatch.

I listen to Sasquatch Chronicles and Wes has had fisherman on there before. They heard the bigfoot or would see eyeshine in lantern light.

There is one show where a bigfoot beat the snot out of a night fisherman.

On 8/8/2018 at 1:51 AM, Redbone said:

All of these are full year time of day charts for different witness activities, searching all BFRO reports in the SSR database.

There will be a bump at 1pm for Bigfooting if and when my sighting report gets published. I got word the report is nearly finished... could be any day now.

Camping

Full Year Camping sighttime.png

Hunting

Full Year Hunting sighttime.png

Driving

Full Year Driving sighttime.png

Hiking

Full Year Hiking sighttime.png

At Home

Full Year At Home sighttime.png

Fishing

Full Year Fishing sighttime.png

Bigfooting

Full Year Bigfooting sighttime.png

Three stand out charts for me, fishing,At Home and Bigfooting.

Think a step deeper: look not just at the activity, but what people engaged in that activity do and at what times of day.   Those appear more reflective of the times of activity of humans engaged in each activity than they necessarily do bigfoot behaviors, at least based on how people HERE behave when engaging in each of those activities.   

My take-away is that we need to spend more time out in the woods or on the water doing our recreational activities, ready to take advantage of an encounter, but not specifically looking for one.

MIB

• Upvote 2

Thats my whole MO when Im out. I just do what I do except with a high powered rifle. I mean if I had a hot tip I could follow on permissible public lands? Great! (Parks and Reservations are a no go)

^^^ Same, sans the fire power.  I camp and I go about my business.   Always trying to be observant and aware but nothing more really.

15 hours ago, MIB said:

Think a step deeper: look not just at the activity, but what people engaged in that activity do and at what times of day.   Those appear more reflective of the times of activity of humans engaged in each activity than they necessarily do bigfoot behaviors, at least based on how people HERE behave when engaging in each of those activities.   

My take-away is that we need to spend more time out in the woods or on the water doing our recreational activities, ready to take advantage of an encounter, but not specifically looking for one.

MIB

I could not agree more. Nothing like the great outdoors and who knows you might get lucky. 

There's no way to know for sure how much pure luck is involved in a sighting. There are people who follow the thoroughbreds every day, year round, and are accomplished handicappers. Then there are people, like your neighbor, who can place a bet on a horse whose name sounds like her street address and win big. Really big. Lady luck or whatever it is called. One and done can come from either camp. Continued success will only come from repeated efforts and wearing away the leather soles on one's feet.

My best sense tells me you have to put yourself out there frequently if you want to up the odds of experiencing an encounter/sighting.  Recreating, sasquatching or preferably both. I think Thomas Jefferson was spot on when famously said, "I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."

^^^^ Absolutely.    Hey, I'm just going for a hike to do some fishing.    That doesn't mean I didn't spend a good bit of time with maps and bigfoot reports helping me decide where to fish.  :) 

MIB

• Upvote 1

I've known and publicly stated for years the "witching" hour for BF approaching campsites and home sites is two to three AM. There is a logical reason for that, and a very good tactic for BF campers to take advantage of that fact to heighten researchers' chance of seeing one. The first one I - and five others - ever heard a BF screaming, roaring and yelling continuously for about 30 seconds without a break performed that unbelievable feat at 2:15 AM. (He was about a 1/4 mile from us but could see the light from our campfire.) The first one that walked into my solo campsite and examined my pot and pans - within three feet pg my head - did that at 2 AM. I made a short recording of one who approached my solo campsite and vocalized at 1:45  AM. (I did not hear him because it was 23 degrees, I was out of gas for my heater and was covered from head to foot with everything I could find.)  Had one shake the heck out of a camper in which two of us were sleeping about a year or so ago. My partner was snoring like a freight train; and snoring is the key. If they can't hear people   snoring, they won't come close, That's pretty well confirmed by the hundreds of other hunters  and campers I've interviewed in 12 states over the past fifty or so years. The one exception seems to be - from personal observations - during nights of heavy rains. 

• Upvote 2

Branco, if there's something to your theory, it might be a good strategy to have an audio recorder play an hour, or so, of recorded snoring to lure them in.

Wouldn't even need a subject to snore for an hour to get that recording either. If one has one or more cycles (maybe 30 seconds?) of snoring recorded on say, a Tascam DR-05 then a playback loop could be programmed that would play the looped snoring until the batteries run out.