The decline of interest in Sasquatch

Lake County Bigfooot

I honestly believe that a lot of the infighting that used to take place in this field had a tendency to drive people away. Some of the online feuds turned straight up brutal. I took some time away from studying the subject myself because I got tired of the constant arguing.  

It seems like the constant bickering has died down quite a bit, although I may only have that opinion because I stopped using social media.  It may be just as bad as it ever was, but I no longer see it.  

I also wonder how much interest in other cryptids (Dogman, etc) has stolen some of Bigfoot's thunder.  There are now groups strictly dedicated to the study of Dogman, where in the past the only 'paranormal' groups were for Bigfoot, ghosts, or aliens.  I would assume that those who are interested in Dogman would be equally interested in Sasquatch, but there may be some whose interest in Bigfoot has declined due to their interest in other cryptids.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I honestly believe that a lot of the infighting that used to take place in this field had a tendency to drive people away. Some of the online feuds turned straight up brutal. I took some time away from studying the subject myself because I got tired of the constant arguing.  

Well, how long can anyone stand the crybabies :girlwah:. Online BF research these days mostly involves sifting through trolling.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 1

On 9/27/2018 at 1:25 AM, Arvedis said:

Well, how long can anyone stand the crybabies :girlwah:. Online BF research these days mostly involves sifting through trolling.

True.  It is weird.  I just went to a cryptid convention and everyone was nice as can be to one another.  I guess the anonymity of being online brings out the worse in people.

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

True.  It is weird.  I just went to a cryptid convention and everyone was nice as can be to one another.  I guess the anonymity of being online brings out the worse in people.

I have to agree.  Working with folks in the field is usually more palatable than the online scene.  However, Millennials are married to their social media.  It's a disturbingly disconnected way to live, but it is their way.  The Millennial generation on whole has the attention span of less than that of a goldfish.  That's not an insult, but the findings of more than one university study.  Field studies requires patients and determination.  Two qualities that the Y gen and Millennials don't have in abundance.  Bigfooting and instant gratification are mutually exclusive or at least as far as the newer generations are concerned.  They also have deluded themselves into believing that they can determine the "tone" of an online response and instantly feel threatened whenever their viewpoints are questioned.  This is not to say that all of the newer generations are walking personifications of the movie, "Idiocracy," but more than a few.  They talk to each other using pictographs and hieroglyphics for crying out loud! LOL 

I'm the first to admit that I'm one thin lap blanket from yelling at the kids to keep of my lawn, but when one takes into account the lack of attention span, craving for instant gratification, hypersensitivity to criticism, and over dependence on social media, it really isn't a shock to see interest wain for bigfoot.  It's classical "Shiny Object Syndrome."   

Edited by Belpherion
  • Upvote 3

^^^^ ditto

In a 'cube farm' office setting, they are unable to push their chairs back and actually 'talk'. Years ago, I worked at a place where an 'old guy' set up the company phones/data package. He had no idea. The cost exploded. They took the phones away.

13 hours ago, Catmandoo said:

^^^^ ditto

In a 'cube farm' office setting, they are unable to push their chairs back and actually 'talk'. Years ago, I worked at a place where an 'old guy' set up the company phones/data package. He had no idea. The cost exploded. They took the phones away.

Millennials seem to like texting as an introductory message as well which is really off putting.  At least send an email first.

Problems with social media as a central repository of BF research are numerous.  The biggest one is it very easy for rumor to become fact and take a life of its own.  Too many mini-cults of personalty and intentional misinformation.  Mix that with gullible people and there really is no research to be had.

Norseman: "Its been my experience though that you can get closer to animals on a horse or mule than you ever will with

a vehicle or hiking for that matter. Something about being on four hooves. They see you, they know your there, but they

just cannot make out what you are. And they hang around for a better look."

Exactly! Just as Roger Patterson & Bob Gilmin proved in 1967.

Bigfoot knows that hoofed animals are good to eat.

5 hours ago, Oonjerah said:

.......Bigfoot knows that hoofed animals are good to eat.

I don’t know about Bigfoot, but I can certainly attest that I would LOVE to try horse, mule, and donkey meat.......BBQed or grilled....... :lol:

6 hours ago, Oonjerah said:

Norseman: "Its been my experience though that you can get closer to animals on a horse or mule than you ever will with

a vehicle or hiking for that matter. Something about being on four hooves. They see you, they know your there, but they

just cannot make out what you are. And they hang around for a better look."

Exactly! Just as Roger Patterson & Bob Gilmin proved in 1967.

Bigfoot knows that hoofed animals are good to eat.

Huh.  A quick internet search shows quite a few sightings from horseback.  One fellow said that you need to ride all day on horseback in order to be able to see one.  I wonder if the horse covers up the human scent enough to get close to these things?

I think part of the decline could be because of nonsense such as dogman and the UFO connection .

If the creatures exist it is much more likely to be a special kind of animal

One left over from the pre-human era.

That is much more believable than the former. 

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:11 AM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Huh.  A quick internet search shows quite a few sightings from horseback.  One fellow said that you need to ride all day on horseback in order to be able to see one.  I wonder if the horse covers up the human scent enough to get close to these things?

You have to ride up wind to cover your scent. Also, don't use after-shave that day.

Horse sweat helps cover your scent for sure. Your riding and not sweating and the 1400 lbs animal beneath you is working and sweating profusely. 

While hunting I use cover scent as well. My favorite is cedar,

https://www.asatcamo.com/store/product/cedar-scent-stick

But I think its much more than scent. I think its the fact your riding a quadraped and not walking bipedally that really screws them up. The sound of the hooves, the visual picture of a large animal walking, nothing shouts “human”!

Probably?

Isnt that what we want? A surefire lure to draw them out into the open? Maybe Patty was hanging around for a easy meal at Bluff creek, until she realized she was the one in the trap?

23 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

NM - I tend to agree.  However, don't you think the sound of a quadraped is the sound of dinner to a BF?

Good point.  Off to see if I can find any accounts of horses being attacked while being ridden.  I know that the Bigfoot Outlaws have some accounts of horses being attacked while corralled, but I can't think of any others.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic