CharlieHotel's Fort Drum Story

Carnivore

Recently in the video/photo forum there was a video posted which contained a story about some soldiers killing seven sasquatches. The video made me think of a user named CharlieHotel who appeared on here back in 2013. He had posted a lengthy story about how he was involved in a military operation at Fort Drum in New York where they went out into the surrounding forest and killed a sasquatch. CharlieHotel had also posted various images of supposed military documents and I.D. to help prove he was who he said he was. The story was interesting and I always had some curiosity and of course, suspicion as well. CharlieHotel did not leave the post up for long and eventually it was deleted along with his profile. Today I decided to do some searching to see if I could find the story again since the last time I read it was when he originally posted in 2013. 

It was not long into my search that I discovered a blog post that was written by the guy who went by CharlieHotel on here. He goes into detail about how he decided to make up the story in an attempt to see what he could get people to believe. I remember after reading the story I had considered that perhaps it was someone doing just that. However, like with pretty much all sasquatch stories, there is usually not a way verify anything one way or another. I think this situation serves as an interesting look into the lengths that some people will go in order to fabricate stories and/or "evidence" and what their motivations may be in doing so. Hopefully there are some users that remember CharlieHotel's post on here as it generated quite a lot of interest at the time.

Link to his blog post:

https://www.reveriedays.com/new/charlie-hotel-a-big-foot-social-experiment#comments

• Upvote 1

^^^ It’s situations like this that make me skeptical of most things BF related.  It’s not based on a disbelief of BF but the dishonest nature of people.   Some have gone as far as in a round about way to questioning my stance/belief on the subject because of my skepticism.  Going forward I’ll probably just point them to this blog.   But do I even believe the blog.......lol

BFF Patron

This guy is an experiment himself.

Wonder if the person who contacted him on FB will fess up and if it was a forum admin or member at the time?

If the guy proceeded with forging military documents and posting them up I am certain it would have been criminal. 

Do you really believe the guy was military?  If you do, you have more trust in your fellow human beings than I do.

I wouldn't trust a word out of this guys mouth. 

Longtabber PE types will continue to frequent this forum and it is up to us to out them when possible. 

Fine line between stolen valor, criminal and social psych experiment in this day of homeland security etc. 

• Upvote 1

I remember.  Interesting yarn, and I was willing to suspend disbelief long enough to engage him to see what else he had to say. When that turned out to be "nothing", that was all I really needed to know.  Aside from his tragic need for attention, and the juvenile nature of his "experiment", it only points out a basic misunderstanding of the nature of the phenomenon by those trying to perpetrate hoaxes, no matter the nature of them, and also those who hunger for their views on BF to be somehow validated (YES!!...now my [friend, co-worker, relative] will FINALLY see I am not crazy, and they will have to bow down to my superior intellect!).  If you have a need for that, you are a mark for guys like this. And you don't need them. There is plenty of objective data to reassure any thinking person.  The misunderstanding guys like him have, and the premise of all that they do, is that the evidentiary foundation for the animal is so ephemeral that others couldn't possibly not require these kinds of validating tales, and that, fellow BF forum-ites,  is the hook that dangles. Once you do the grunt work of reading, observing and thinking on this topic you won't ever need people like this wahoo to confirm what you already know, through their lurid tales of derring-do.   I sure don't, and there are many here who feel the same way.   

• Upvote 2

On 8/28/2018 at 3:06 PM, Arvedis said:

A very sad way to live.

Looking at his twitter page it seems his only friend is a cat. Poor cat.

• Upvote 2

As we all know, you always have to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. This guy was just pathetic though. Speaking of Ft. Drum, I was stationed there from 91 to 94. Beautiful country up there. I could never have imagined a squatch on post though. The training areas had forest, sure, but stunted and windblown. The post butts right up against the Adirondacks but I imagine any squatch would stay well away from the training areas due to all the gun, mortar, artillery, and A-10 fire going on. Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 1

When you've heard so many of the stories, the ones that are unique in some way stand out as suspicious. One example is the new BFRO report of the Bigfoot running with a big wolf. Not that it's not possible, but it seems a bit romantic and cool, and it is out of the norm - we don't usually hear of the two being seen together.

I've only seen two reports involving a Bigfoot having a camp and a fire - one from northern MN and one from WI, not all that far apart. Both mentioned a cooking fire, flat rocks for crushing nuts, and a crude dome-like shelter. What are the odds that there are two Bigfoots doing that near to each other, (or one Bigfoot that migrated,) and those things aren't seen in any of the other hundreds of sightings? Much more likely that one person likes the image and made up the two reports.

Reports of soldiers and Bigfoot... I like the one about the Mt St Helens aftermath, with the Bigfoot that helped the Army triage the injured Bigfoots as they found them. Good thing Bigfoots speak English.

miker

When you've heard so many of the stories, the ones that are unique in some way stand out as suspicious. One example is the new BFRO report of the Bigfoot running with a big wolf. Not that it's not possible, but it seems a bit romantic and cool, and it is out of the norm - we don't usually hear of the two being seen together.

Now this one is surely an odd one and would really love to investigate it if I could. I really would like to reach out to the researcher who researched this encounter since this happen in 2017 in April. Now the encounters that I did have were more to the east of that area and the strange part to my encounters involved coyotes. I have always felt that these creatures have always have had some type of a relationship with coyotes and that the two some how hunt together.  Now in Michigan there are not many wolves and there can be a chance that these creatures have learned to domesticate a wolf as a pup.  The only way that they could have learned this is by us humans as we teach our dogs and by them watching us. For a wolf to follow this creature is to make this creature an alpha. The same I believe with the coyotes as they run in packs. Now this is just my opinion and to what I have actually experience. But the wolf thing is new and is something I would like to see for my self to see how true this encounter or report is by the BFRO. Report # 57401  (Class A) If this investigator does come on this forum may you please reach out to me by PM on this forum please.