Bigfoot ,Dogman ?

Officials from the Monroe County Sheriff's Office said they responded to a call Sunday of dead animals in the Bill Butler Spur area.

When they arrived at the scene, authorities said they found three miniature horses and a dog dead.

Owner Eddie Denton said he found horses in the stable with its throat torn up and others in and around his pond.

The Monroe County Sheriff and Denton believe it was a large cat that attacked and killed the animals.

"No, it's not a house cat," Sheriff Dale Ford said.

The Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife biologist said there were animal tracks around the property, but not enough of them to be conclusive.

"One track over there was a bobcat. There is a larger track over here, but I'm not an expert on mountain lions. I'll send it to someone else and see what he thinks and I'll know in a day or two what he has to say about that," biologist William Lynch said.

"It's got characteristics of a big cat. The puncture wounds, the bites and stuff. If there is a threat, we need to let the people know," Ford said. "I don't know what it is, but I know it's big and I know it's deadly and if it can do that to those horses. It could do a lot to a child or even a grown man. That's my concern."

Authorities encourage everyone in the community to keep a close eye on children and animals if they go outdoors.

From what's being reported now they are saying it wasn't a big cat from the wounds ?  It's an interesting case 

Two dogs, a pit bull and a husky? I don't think a cat would get the better of them. Now they're saying they don't think it was an animal attack at all. So what does THAT mean?

MONROE CO., KY (WAVE/WNKY) – Three horses and two dogs, a pit bull and a husky, were found dead in Monroe County on Sunday. Originally, the sheriff’s office believed that the animals were attacked by a large cat, or another type of animal. The Kentucky Fish and Wildlife diagnostics team say that is not the case.

The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office and Kentucky Fish and Wildlife responded to the reports of dead animals in the Bill Butler Spur area on Sunday. It is believed the incident occurred in the early morning hours.

Originally, they thought the killings were done by a large cat or another large animal. Residents were advised to keep a close eye on animals and children while outside.

However, the Kentucky Fish and Wildlife diagnostics team said the deaths are not conclusive to an animal attack.

There was a later report where they said that these kills did NOT come from a cat. What's still missing is a clear description of the wounds. I'm guessing dogman based on the aggressive nature of the kills. But another angle is that dogman would shred these animals rather than just kill them and wander off so I really don't know.

12 minutes ago, JustCurious said:

Two dogs, a pit bull and a husky? I don't think a cat would get the better of them. Now they're saying they don't think it was an animal attack at all. So what does THAT mean?

An animal that they know of...

All the dogman stories that I have heard of seem to come from the Ozark or Appalachian Mountains. Am I wrong?

Edited by TD-40

In one of the films they showed the horse that was killed in it's stall. It's throat is ripped wide open. It sure didn't look like a bite .

Another thing is what ever kind of animal killed them it didn't feed on them. It seemed like it killed them for sport .

Went into the stall to kill one. It's weird  

Strange story...Couldn’t tell how rural the area is from the news report. From the available articles there doesn’t seem to be any idea who or what the culprit was. 

SSR Team

0 Reports in the SSR from Monroe County, KY out of 118 Reports for the State.

Maybe what would have been the witnesses never lived to tell the tale..;) 

26 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

0 Reports in the SSR from Monroe County, KY out of 118 Reports for the State.

Maybe what would have been the witnesses never lived to tell the tale..;) 

I guess the only thing we can determine is this thing , what ever it is ...

Is very aggressive and doesn't kill just for food.

Just now, 7.62 said:

Edited by 7.62

I just have to say, there are far less exotic possibilities here. A pack of feral dogs probably would be my go-to. Red wolves another. Coy-dogs? The fact the casualties were not eaten leads me to conclude it was a turf war. Very canid.

Just now, WSA said:

I just have to say, there are far less exotic possibilities here. A pack of feral dogs probably would be my go-to. Red wolves another. Coy-dogs? The fact the casualties were not eaten leads me to conclude it was a turf war. Very canid.

I think if a pack of dogs killed these 5 animals there would have been more evidence left to determine it, plus some of the wounds were described not like bite marks

but claw marks .

" MONROE COUNTY, Ky. —

UPDATE: According to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, the animals' wounds are inconsistent with a large predator attack. They say do not have conclusive answers as to what caused the attack at this time.

There is not a single BFRO report in Monroe county or any adjacent county.  The most likely scenario is simply a person with knife that had a grudge against the family.  If so, as an animal lover, they should be shot.

13 minutes ago, NCBFr said:

" MONROE COUNTY, Ky. —

UPDATE: According to Kentucky Fish and Wildlife, the animals' wounds are inconsistent with a large predator attack. They say do not have conclusive answers as to what caused the attack at this time.

There is not a single BFRO report in Monroe county or any adjacent county.  The most likely scenario is simply a person with knife that had a grudge against the family.  If so, as an animal lover, they should be shot.

There are bite marks and claw marks , this wasn't a person with a knife . One photo of the horse in the stable it's throat is torn out not sliced like a knife would do.

What ever it was wasn't a person with a knife that killed these 5 animals.

Oh, there has been reports out of Monroe County despite what any skewed data bases say. Since ripping up animals for no reason is not a known Bigfoot trait here in the South or any where else for that matter, most likely it was caused by larger cats, or yotes. Yotes absolutely will kill something just for the fun of it and not eat it. We don't have wolves down here. And besides all that, they haven't even released any info on what could have done it other than speculation by people (sheriff, fish and game) who has no idea what they are looking at or talking about in the first place. Humans are also ruled out..

TritonTr196, re: Red Wolves. There would be those there, and elsewhere, who would disagree with you. Their evidence is no different from those proposing that BF inhabits their local ecosystem, namely: Tracks, sightings and vocalizations. Another similarity? Local fish and game departments refuse to admit any such evidence is conclusive.  

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, WSA said:

There would be those there, and elsewhere, who would disagree with you.

Can disagree all they want, but unless they live in these areas their opinions would be disregarded, and if they did live here they better have some proof of them other than their word. We don't give any credence to anything the fish and game people say here. For instance, they come to us, the local tournament bass anglers for information on what's going on and in the lake as they do nothing but ride around in their little boats giving tickets. And the rest of what you said, you assumed I didn't already know that and factored that into what I posted. No true wolf tracks, sightings, ect found around these areas yet. I can't rule wolves out in audio though, as wolves would produce the same frequencies as yotes so that is certainly not any way to say wolves are in the area.  But if you personally have proof of wolves in this part of Kentucky without living around these parts, or anyone else for that matter, then please post it... There is only one sighting/killing of a wolf in Kentucky a few years ago in over a hundred years, it was determined it had been a pet and either released or escaped from it's owner before being shot. It was a grey wolf of the great lakes region dna. Unlike cougars, wolves have not come back to these areas yet.