Bigfoot ,Dogman ?

That's a serious scrap but the m.o. of cryptids is to kill for food, not the heck of it. So the slain animal would just not be there to be examined in that case. If the culprit was a big cat then you would be able to see indications of such an attack, which are much more clear cut than a cryptid attack. Sorry, if I missed those clues in the report.

Edited by Arvedis

I read an update that said three miniature horses and ONE dog. I also read that Bobo and Cliff are on the way to investigate..

Edited by OKBFFan
To correct misspelling

Weird.

Fish and Wildlife said that if the family wants to know what killed their animals, then they will need to pay for the necropsy themselves.  

I am also seeing mixed reports that the horses were either ponies or miniature horses.

Maybe a mother mountain lion teaching her cubs to hunt?  

TritonTr...well no, I don’t mean to say I know they are camped in your back pasture or something!  If you are serious about cryptids, you will know that they are where you find them, and where you find them is where there is a niche, even if an historical one. Where you live is in the heart of that range. We have this idea, we humans, that once a species has been dislodged from an ecosystem they will somehow never attempt to return. They will, and they do. The list of those examples is a long one.  Which is why you might, I dunno, talk to a landowner in Greene County, AL who watched what appeared to be a mating pair of red wolves on a tree line above his house one evening. It didn’t look to him like they knew they weren’t supposed to be there, I don’t think.

4 hours ago, OKBFFan said:

I also read that Bobo and Cliff are on the way to investigate..

Well, in that case we can expect a quick resolution!  I will dispatch the scooby doo mobile as backup. :P

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 2

On 9/4/2018 at 0:00 AM, TD-40 said:

All the dogman stories that I have heard of seem to come from the Ozark or Appalachian Mountains. Am I wrong?

Eastern Wisconsin has a long history of Dogmen sightings (Beast of Bray Road)

Bigfoot HAS killed livestock and family dogs, not for food, but to take vengeance against property/home owners/local residents and hunters who have attempted to shoot, kill or trap them for stealing livestock or poultry. There are many cases in the S/SE in which they have killed dogs that have tried to keep them from doing that. (One such case occurred in which three grown dogs were killed and piled by the front porch of an old couple who live within 15 miles of my residence. In one other case, even closer, the hide was ripped off one side of the dog. Made the papers and news, local vet put it down.) 

What many are not aware of is that state g&f agencies - some if not all -linked by grants doled out by the feds. To myself and many others, it is clear that the feds have knows about these native primates for years, and have understanding with those state agencies to down play and publicly ignore any mention or discussion about BF. I don't know what killed the horses, but I found this excerpt from the Monroe County Press interesting because it's a typical example of state G&F trying to distort and hide what may be facts in this case.

Quote from the Monroe County paper:

"Earlier today, one Fish and Wildlife official sent a message to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Facebook page telling the Sheriff to update his website ‘to reflect that the animals were shot, not mauled by a large cat’.

"These animals were not shot and they were not stabbed with a knife. They were mauled. They were killed by some of big, vicious animal that is deadly". Says Dale Ford, the Monroe County Sheriff."

Does anyone live nearby? You can walk into the sheriffs dept and request the report, maybe talk to someone who saw the animals?

for some reason my browser will not open their website. I’m sure they have a public records request. 

Wouldn't a cougar have just killed one animal and tried to drag it off? I know it couldn't drag off the horse but most certainly a dog.

These stories always seem not to get resolved.

Not long ago a deputy wrecked his cruiser after hitting a large black animal in this area. Never did hear for sure if it was a bear or not.

1 hour ago, Branco said:

Bigfoot HAS killed livestock and family dogs, not for food, but to take vengeance against property/home owners/local residents and hunters who have attempted to shoot, kill or trap them for stealing livestock or poultry. There are many cases in the S/SE in which they have killed dogs that have tried to keep them from doing that. (One such case occurred in which three grown dogs were killed and piled by the front porch of an old couple who live within 15 miles of my residence. In one other case, even closer, the hide was ripped off one side of the dog. Made the papers and news, local vet put it down.) 

What many are not aware of is that state g&f agencies - some if not all -linked by grants doled out by the feds. To myself and many others, it is clear that the feds have knows about these native primates for years, and have understanding with those state agencies to down play and publicly ignore any mention or discussion about BF. I don't know what killed the horses, but I found this excerpt from the Monroe County Press interesting because it's a typical example of state G&F trying to distort and hide what may be facts in this case.

Quote from the Monroe County paper:

"Earlier today, one Fish and Wildlife official sent a message to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Facebook page telling the Sheriff to update his website ‘to reflect that the animals were shot, not mauled by a large cat’.

"These animals were not shot and they were not stabbed with a knife. They were mauled. They were killed by some of big, vicious animal that is deadly". Says Dale Ford, the Monroe County Sheriff."

Rest assured if they kill an animal they will eat it.  While we can never be sure about all of their motivations I am willing to bet the farm they would never leave food behind.  To make a point they are smart enough to leave a body part behind as a message if that was an issue.

I'll go on resting assured in the knowledge that they do kill animals they don't eat; dogs for standing their ground to try to protect their pups, people and their home sites; coyotes for messing up their hunt or ambush of prey animals, and livestock whose owners took direct action against them for killing/carrying off such live stock. In such cases they don't just leave just body parts, they leave the whole critter.

• Upvote 1

Perhaps it was a senseless killing to make a territorial statement but would not explain leaving behind food.  Unless they left piles of excrement too?  What other clues would there be that this was a revenge killing?  Let's call experts Cliff Barackman and Bobo.