BobbyO

Camping - Is this the best chance to see Sasquatch ?

Camping - Is this the best chance to see Sasquatch ?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BobbyO

Camping, it put us in "their" environment, but does camping really give us the best chance to actually see a Sasquatch ?

Answer the poll and give your thoughts in to why you think it is, or why maybe it isn't.

I'll reply on Monday with the numbers from 745 reports we have Locked and Loaded in the SSR from witnesses "camping", from ll across the North American Continent.

Catmandoo

BobbyO, your poll is voting on statistics concerning reports. I do not read reports.  I would think that a poll on 'camping' would be simply a yes or no vote.

• Upvote 1

JKH

Oregon BF awhile back did a breakdown of reports that showed most often witnesses were at home, next highest number was camping. Camping is probably a good bet. The BFRO even coined the term "camp stalkers" to describe the opportunistic behaviors for food or entertainment.

gigantor
15 minutes ago, JKH said:

Oregon BF awhile back did a breakdown of reports that showed most often witnesses were at home, next highest number was camping.

Cool. Do you have a link?

bipedalist

I would venture to guess hiking/hunting would be more accurately leading to sightings which does not always involve camping. 

MindSquatch
17 minutes ago, bipedalist said:

I would venture to guess hiking/hunting would be more accurately leading to sightings which does not always involve camping. 

Totally agree!

bipedalist

Sure, you could probably throw in "boating" for the trifecta too!

BobbyO
On 04/09/2018 at 9:51 PM, Catmandoo said:

BobbyO, your poll is voting on statistics concerning reports. I do not read reports.  I would think that a poll on 'camping' would be simply a yes or no vote.

Well there’s a reason why it’s designed like this.

I know the answer you see and i think the answer is such that people in general will possibly see it as a topic of conversation, I also wanted people that weren’t overly aware of the answer to share their thoughts.

No more no less.

gigantor

Camping - Is this the best chance to See Sasquatch ? 

I see what you did there.  :)  sneaky...

I think the question should be: "Camping - Is this the best chance to have an encounter with Sasquatch?"  That way, we can count Class B reports as well.

wiiawiwb

Along the lines of gigantor's thoughts about Class B reports, It would be interesting whether camping or hiking has the most B reports.  A lot of stone throwing occur with those in camp and non-visual shepparding out of an area occurs with hikers. I'll have to check that out too. 

Edited: Just separately checked out activities hunting, hiking, and camping and got both A and B reports. Interesting.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Upvote 1

BobbyO
15 hours ago, gigantor said:

I see what you did there.  :)  sneaky...

I think the question should be: "Camping - Is this the best chance to have an encounter with Sasquatch?"  That way, we can count Class B reports as well.

If we do that then we miss what i believe to be a huge topic of conversation when the results are revealed.

Please just let me run with this, please please please haha ;)

gigantor

It's your thread brother. You have me curious now...

hiflier

In my travels last year and this year I have stayed  at many state parks as well as national parks. When I get to a destination I look at databases for reports from each area around wherever I happen to be staying and surprisingly enough there is usually at least one or two reports withing a few miles of where I happen to be. It would be interesting to see a stat or graph that shows Class A or Class B encounters at or close by to the parks even though there are hundreds and hundreds of these more public locations?

And yes, I voted :) 

Edited by hiflier

joebeelart

Non-prepared campsite camping, for more than one night, several times a season is probably the best way for Our Barefoot Friends to notice "you" and possibly come around.

The almost universal problem with camping is that people crawl inside their "cocoons" or tents.  Then they can's see you, and you certainly can not see them.  Sleeping on a cot with mosquito netting, spray, etc. will open up a whole new world for most campers.. 

• Upvote 1