BobbyO

Camping - Is this the best chance to see Sasquatch ?

Camping - Is this the best chance to see Sasquatch ?  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

wiiawiwb
BFF Donor

Where I backpack, it seems I see fewer people every year who stay overnight. Hikers stick to predetermined trails and are gone when daylight fades.  Not sure what to attribute the decreased backpacking to other than younger people are more digitally driven and the notion of being out in the wilderness overnight is less appealing to them. They are not replacing the older ones who, one by one, can no longer physically make the trek.

I think sasquatching is getting better because I'm finding fewer people to compete with. That equates to fewer people for a sasquatch to visit which I believe increases my odds of something happening. I'm very optimistic.

• Upvote 1

Huntster
BFF Donor

^^^ Similarly, when hunting, the majority of the hunting pressure is within a day’s ride from a trailhead. The second day of travel away from that trailhead puts one in virtually virgin territory.

MIB
BFF Donor
4 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Where I backpack, it seems I see fewer people every year who stay overnight.

I don't see the same, but "location, location, location."    I'm fairly near two extremely popular longer distance hiking trails.    Traffic on both is increasing.    There are other nearby trails that seem to have declining use .. this often reflects the amount of funding available for maintenance.  

MIB

Patterson-Gimlin

I love to camp 

If the creatures did exist, it seems logical to me remote campsites would be the most likely place to encounter them. 

I voted 0 to 20 %. 

MindSquatch

Campers had a possible(most likely) Bigfoot come through their campsite late one night. This is the place that I've backpack too many times over the years, one of my all time favorites. My encounter took place just above and over from this lake at a even nicer lake called Little Bear Lake. There's Big Bear, Little Bear and Weebear Lakes sounded by granite cliffs in the north part of the Trinity Alps off of hwy 3.

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=27327

https://earth.app.goo.gl/ZGcyWo

Edited by MindSquatch

Patterson-Gimlin

Thank you for sharing . Interesting report and  a beautiful area.

MindSquatch

Meant to say surrounded by granite in last post!

Here's a photo of Little Bear Lake where I had a Bigfoot come into my camp late one night, I pinned it to show where I was camping. I was laying on my back when this large hand slid under my left arm which was on the floor of the tent, started to get bopped up into the air. I'd tried to wake up but I was frozen, I was awake, but couldn't move (there's a name for that but can't remember what it is called). It must of bopped my arm several times into the air when it stopped. Then my left leg started to get bopped into air which kept happening. I was still frozen and couldn't snap out of it until my backpack buddy threw his backpack at it as it was right out side the front door that was left open for fresh air. I was finally able to snap out of it as it took off and saw my friend sitting up yelling at it. It never came back that night. There were no tracks as it's mostly all granite. I never reported this to anyone which took place in the late 80s. 

Log Lake is a lake I'v been wanting to go to as there is no trail to it. It is right over the cliff top from Big Bear Lake. I posted a photo of it. It would be a great place for the Bigfoot's to hangout as nobody ever goes there. There's a cool photo of a old bird man face, or something above the lake nearby.

P.S. your welcome

earth_postcard_1544368697.jpg

earth_postcard_1544073562.jpg

earth_postcard_1544367598.jpg

earth_postcard_1543976452.jpg

earth_postcard_1543976528.jpg

Catmandoo
BFF Donor

Rocky locations are good since they are 'trackless areas'. Granite and light colored rocks reflect a lot of light. I have been in areas that reflect moonlight so well that you can almost read a paper.

You use GE to search large areas. Do you ever see any images intermediate the satellite and ground like large aircraft (747) or UFO's?

MindSquatch

I believe if you want to see any possible UFOs on the ground you may want to look in the side valleys north of Creech Air Force Base using GE. This is the area considered Dream Land (not area 51 like many think) according to Charles Hall who was stationed there back in the 60s as a Weather Observer. He said the ships would be traveling up in that area often and would land up there also. I personally don't look there!