Bobbie Short Book: First Installment

joebeelart

Bobbie Short, curator of the immensely popular Bigfoot Encounters website, witness, and decades long Bigfoot researcher drafted an important book, The de facto Sasquatchbefore her sudden passing in 2013.  The title was taken, by permission from a lecture by the late Ph.D. wildlife biologist Dr. John Bindernagel. 

Family members Chris Millet and Reverend Kimberely Brittan enabled the draft to be completed in installments.  The first installment concerns Native American history; and, military reports.

The editor and prime mover of Bobbie's book is Molly Hart-Lebherz.  Molly is assisted by:  Sharon Day, Steve Summar, M.K. Davis, Sybilla Irwin, Don Monroe, and others.  Contributing artists are:  RobRoy Menzies, Alex Evans, and David Claerr.

The first installment is available through Bigfootencounters.com or directly via:

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/596c0bae4c0dbfa1d26e86be/t/5b9bff06562fa7cfcdf1bfc8/1536950038606/The+de+facto+Sasquatch+premier+installment.pdf

Edited by joebeelart
  • Upvote 3

The next installment of Bobbie's book will come out about November 1st.  It will be about 400 pages of reported Bigfoot / Sasquatch behavior organized along the lines of the "Behavior" appendix in The Oregon Bigfoot Highway

Thanks for the link Joe. Finished this installment early this morning; I was familiar with many of the reports but many were new or gave a different perspective. It's well worth reading and I'll keep my eyes peeled for part two. Kudos to everyone involved in making sure Bobbie's dedicated work survived her premature passing.

• gigantor pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
BFF Patron

I had a running line of communication with Bobbie Short before her passing: she was nothing but helpful and supportive.  She let me know she was committed to a publication and wanted my input.

She let me know of her important projects and of the researchers she put the most faith in.

I shared with her elements of my research that I dare not share with others for what that is worth, only because we had an honest two way path of communication, not agreeing with substance, players or  controversy in the least.  Yes, I proposed hard questions about those she supported to her, never did I lose sight that I was dealing with a  peer and fellow researcher, and she would throw back her honest opinion when I disagreed with her priorities. 

That said I am just now catching up with this thread, and thank Joe B for posting it up, and can't believe how far behind I am with this.  Bobbie was not her real name, but she was in the game and a major player. 

Edited by bipedalist

• 1 month later...

Thanks Joe. I have had the pdf on my computer for awhile. I decided to have it printed. I checked FedExKinko and Office Depot/Max for prices. 

Office Depot/Max: In the 'manual' category, Letter size for 157 pages was estimated at $22.

I went with an outfit that I have used for camera and phone manuals. OTCWorld.co.uk . They have various suites for printing;   oldtimerscameras.com   is manuals for cameras, flashes, smartphones and tablets.   Print-My-PDF.com  is for, you guessed it. They have done great work in the past and mailing time is about 10 days from the UK.  I opted for size A4, spiral binding ( spiral binding standard for over 150 pages ). Total cost is $29. Not a lot of money to continue the legacy of Bobby Short.

Let me know if I have violated a copyright by printing on paper.

Edited by Catmandoo
correct spelling

• gigantor unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 11 months later...

Hi Joe,

I saw your note above stating that the second installment of Bobbie's book would be made available at the end of 2018. Was that PDF ever posted? I've searched the forums and other websites but have been unable to find it. 

Thanks,

Celia

Admin
19 hours ago, Celia said:

I've searched the forums and other websites but have been unable to find it. 

Thanks,

Celia

Hi Celia,

The second installment is right below this thread in the media section.

• 2 months later...
Guest Scotto

I hope we can get these books in paperback.

Bobbie was a real sweetheart, I communicated with her quite a bit over the years.