BFF Census Poll

gigantor

Poll: BFF Census  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admin
58 minutes ago, TritonTr196 said:

I put researcher for the first one, although I'm also a witness. If that matters in the results being both.

Yeah, the witness option should have been a separate question. Next year...

8 hours ago, Rockape said:

LOL, yeah, thanks. I don't like being lumped in with the scofftics.

Are Dmaker and sqattymcsquat still around?.........

LOL.......squatty.........I like it!

They would proclaim themselves to be skeptics, not deniers. That’s the ideology, even if their behavior doesn’t fit the definition of the word. Your outlook on sasquatchery, tempered with reason (unlike theirs), demonstrates the difference. Moreover, few people willingly accept a qualifier so extreme as “denier”.

However, I’m near willing to accept the title of denier when it comes to anthropogenic climate change, but even then I concede that it does occur. I just don’t believe it is responsible for what is occurring today, and I certainly refuse to accept that man can tax his way to a perfect climate.

• Upvote 1

I would be the only logger it looks like.

I use gas because neither matters, the only thing that matters IS the quality of the beef. If you’re still eating grocery store beef, you’re missing out!

Awesome poll 

Skeptic

Scientist engineering

Masters or Phd

Athletic

Google

More than five years

Charcoal and wood

Classical

Android and laptop

Admin
14 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Awesome poll 

Skeptic

Scientist engineering

Masters or Phd

Athletic

Google

More than five years

Charcoal and wood

Classical

Android and laptop

Did you vote?  Or do you need me to update the totals for you?

Admin
11 hours ago, BC witness said:

8,9and 10 added after I answered.

My choices are: 

8. Charcoal

9. Country, oldies, and country oldies

10. Windows PC

Done. Thanks!

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎22 at 5:25 PM, gigantor said:

I can't believe people prefer gas over charcoal!

gigantor,

I can't remember the last time someone had a charcoal bbq. Gotta be 20-25 years ago, perhaps longer. :bbq::drinks:

Pat... 

Admin
9 hours ago, PBeaton said:

gigantor,

I can't remember the last time someone had a charcoal bbq. Gotta be 20-25 years ago, perhaps longer. :bbq::drinks:

Pat... 

You're not living Pat, charcoal is where its at...

BTW, although there are a lot of members yet to vote, we need to explain why 70% of our members are 50 or older.  Why don't we have younger members?

Any ideas?

45 minutes ago, gigantor said:

.......we need to explain why 70% of our members are 50 or older.  Why don't we have younger members?

Any ideas?

That is a fascinating stat, especially with the fantasy aspect sasquatchery took on after Harry and the Hendersons, which I admit was released 25 years ago.

Maybe young people were more taken in with aliens, space fiction, Star Wars, and robot type fantasy than natural phenomenon?

The skeptic ideology seems to be attractive to young people, and I noticed on JREF that extraterrestrial activity appeared more acceptable to them than sasquatchery. I found that to be a remarkable thing, but both government and big science seems to support that fad. There’s much more money in space than hominids.

It's not just bigfooting.   The 20-somethings and 30-somethings as a whole do not seem to be very interested in solo-ish outdoor things.    They're way under-represented in hunting, fishing, camping, etc .. not just bigfoot.   It could be driven by economics .. bigfoot, etc may not be able to compete with the financial demands of buying a house or raising a family.    Many more 40+ year olds are far enough along in their careers to have some discretionary income.   

It will be interesting to see if the next generation of 20-somethings has more interest in outdoor stuff or not.

MIB

• Upvote 2

I demand Blues be added to the music list :)

Anyway, yea so far interesting - old, long term members, much higher than average education levels.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MIB said:

It's not just bigfooting.   The 20-somethings and 30-somethings as a whole do not seem to be very interested in solo-ish outdoor things.    They're way under-represented in hunting, fishing, camping, etc .. not just bigfoot.   It could be driven by economics .. bigfoot, etc may not be able to compete with the financial demands of buying a house or raising a family.    Many more 40+ year olds are far enough along in their careers to have some discretionary income.   

It will be interesting to see if the next generation of 20-somethings has more interest in outdoor stuff or not.

MIB

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unpinned this topic