BFF Census Poll

gigantor

Poll: BFF Census  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, Will said:

Younger people of today don’t have very much going on at all that the cell phone won’t show them. Along with less outdoor activity, the trades have a huge shortage of young people. Face it, this younger generation is nothing but lazy, self entitled and not self starting in anything. We’ll be wiping their asses for many years to come. 

Thanks.

Admin
23 minutes ago, Will said:

Younger people of today don’t have very much going on at all that the cell phone won’t show them.

The BFF works on cellphones!  I have a couple of good young employees, they just need direction and structure.

33 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Thanks.

There are exceptions. No need to take it personally if you aren’t what I’m describing. ;)

Really though, you disagree with my assessment? 

Edited by Will

12 minutes ago, gigantor said:

The BFF works on cellphones!  I have a couple of good young employees, they just need direction and structure.

Direction and structure may help the ones under your employment.....it’s nothing compared to what’s reality.

We’re in trouble, the least of which is an interest in BF.

Edited by Will

4 minutes ago, Rockape said:

I just have to say that as a Texan I'm disgusted by this talk of BBQ'in with anything but charcoal or wood.

LOL.......I use charcoal when I have time or when camping, and I use propane with disgust when I’m the cook/slave for my lazy family.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Will said:

There are exceptions. No need to take it personally if you aren’t what I’m describing. ;)

Really though, you disagree with my assessment? 

I think it's an over-generalization just like folks my age and younger say that all baby boomers are get off my lawn types who ruined the planet and we will be paying for their retirements for years to come with no benefit for us.

I know a lot of POS people who are much older than myself...and I know a ton of POS people my age or younger. I think it's just easier for one generation to point to the next for all of "our" problems.

• Upvote 2

You really should have an "other" in the profession/employment section.  None apply to me.  Not surprised that most are in their 50-60's though.

45 minutes ago, Old Time Lifter said:

You really should have an "other" in the profession/employment section.  None apply to me.  Not surprised that most are in their 50-60's though.

Professional body building is a hobby, not a profession.  

:D

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

I think it's an over-generalization just like folks my age and younger say that all baby boomers are get off my lawn types who ruined the planet and we will be paying for their retirements for years to come with no benefit for us.........

Actually, I think that’s pretty accurate. And stay off my lawn.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I think it's an over-generalization just like folks my age and younger say that all baby boomers are get off my lawn types who ruined the planet and we will be paying for their retirements for years to come with no benefit for us.

And I would submit that if they're saying baby boomers ruined the planet they are profoundly uninformed. As far as your position on legacy costs is concerned, who is "their" that you allude to? Government employees, private-sector employees, all baby boomers?

Edited by wiiawiwb

Admin

Let's stop beating up on our youngest member please. Maybe this is the reason why we don't have more of them... They don't feel welcome.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, gigantor said:

Let's stop beating up on our youngest member please. Maybe this is the reason why we don't have more of them... They don't feel welcome.

I highly doubt I'm the youngest member at 33, just providing some perspective.

Not my personal opinion but I have friends and folks I received my masters with who are staunch global warming supporters who think the generations before them ruined the planet with coal fired plants, nuclear testing, etc. Financially, look no further than traditional pension plans and social security.

Plus...if everything was better in the good ole days, what did you guys do to screw it up? We just got here! :D

Disclaimer again - not my personal opinion, but I've heard and read that all before.

55 minutes ago, gigantor said:

The only reason why I’d let you tromp on my lawn is because you let me back into the general forum. Nobody else but the gardener is allowed.

35 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

..........if everything was better in the good ole days, what did you guys do to screw it up?......

1) The same thing previous generations did; we had kids, and we spoiled them rotten.

2) We allowed an exponential number of the wretched teem onto our shores from abroad, then we spoiled them, too.

Edited by Huntster

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unpinned this topic