BFF Census Poll

gigantor

Poll: BFF Census  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

BFF Patron
4 hours ago, Twist said:

^^^  Absolutely aged beef is better.   The natural breaking down of the fibers and such make it that much tender naturally.   

When on scout trips with associates and assistants as reinforcers I was always keen on visiting the butcher and asking for some near expiration or expired steaks, they were always the best and I always got cut-rate prices.  I sort of miss those days as I don't tend to ask for such anymore.  

Now the green mold would be a little much but I have seen defrosted buffalo meat running red with blood down the center aisle of an unairconditioned school bus in the summer in middle america when somebody forgot to order enough dry ice.  A certain politicians son having a ruined sleeping bag as a result was not terribly impressed with the cargo I might add. Glad it wasn't my Little Big Horn problem!

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

So interesting it is a 2/3 pro and 1/3 curious/skeptic crowd responding to survery now. 

That wouldn't have been the case five years ago the way the scoftic crowd was under every rock. 

I was able to load up on three of the choices if it was a choice though.  Forced choice to one. 

Seems the Spock crowd has some rally points and we ain't getting any younger.  

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

I also didn’t seem to fit any of the descriptions in the first question. I used to be a proponent, but now don’t care if others accept the existence of relic hominids, so I don’t push it. I’m not a witness.....I think. I haven’t seen one. I’ve seen a trackway that I’m convinced was made by a sasquatch, but that didn’t seem to qualify as a witness.

Opposite of a denier, I think I’m a believer. I’ve seen trace evidence, I’ve educated myself in the subject, and I believe that the evidence is sufficient to establish the current existence of these creatures, 

Admin
8 hours ago, MagniAesir said:

I didn't answer because of the first question 

I am a skeptic and a researcher 

Yeah. Witness and researcher should have been separate questions. Please answer skeptic.

Thanks

Another potential future question for the poll could be:

Which social media platform do you use primarily for exchanging ideas or get news about BF?

The answer to this question might be correlated with age, since younger people tend to use Facebook more than good old Internet Forums.

The answer to this question will also be biased (and not reflect the general population), since all of us in BFF are using this platform.

However, it might not be the primary platform used by some?

I know many folks from BFRO who switched to Facebook (when the BFRO Forum was eliminated and not replaced) and if you are not in their private Facebook group, then you are not going to get news on their research.

I miss the old BFRO Forum, where you could go and get insights from past research and practices.

I don't know what NARCAP and Olympic project use to communicate among themselves, but would not be surprised if they also use a private Facebook page to share news and events.

I was curious about the trend in platform usage (Forum vs Facebook), and found the article linked below.

http://blog.threadloom.com/are-forums-still-relevant-in-a-facebook-world

I agree with the author's conclusion that Facebook is not a good archival or searchable platform, when you are researching topics.

While I am not in Facebook, I have gone into a couple of public FB sites to look for information and find it very difficult to search.

I am not a computer scientist or programmer, so don't know if Threadloom is just pushing their product/agenda or if they are making a real observation.

Quote for that article below:

"And there is still no real way to archive valuable threads and see comments on Facebook the way forums are set up. The FB Group user interface requires a user to continually scroll through the feed. This is fine when a group is very small, but when you have 1,000+ or even 10,000+ members posting every couple minutes, the user experience becomes unwieldy. Too often, all that rich content gets buried in scrolling purgatory.

Search is difficult within a Facebook Group. It isn’t ideal on forums either (unless you install Threadloom’s simple search plug-in right now). But the inability to search comments easily within a FB Group means users end up posting the same question often, which leads to more spam within the feed."

I used to have a Facebook page, but it got used to attack my friends. I deleted it some years ago, and based upon all the crap I see in the news, I will not be reopening another.

Guest Washingtonwildman
20 hours ago, Huntster said:

Let me guess........as a Texan, do you slather on all that goo called “bbq sauce”?

No bbq on steak for me.  Just salt and pepper.  Porterhouse is another favorite, but a little spendy.  Chuck has great flavor. Just don't overcook it, or it chews like a superball.

My silly brother loves the “bbq sauce”. I like St. Louis rubs on pork, and similar spice on my other meats. My caribou or moose meat is usually eaten with a gravy.

20 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

Musk steps down as CEO as Tesla. Wait til you see what he does with the sole focus on SpaceX........

Musk is crazy. He ‘stepped down’ because he was being forced out. Because he’s out of control. He’ll screw up everything he touches now.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Ah, so what’s the difference between bbq and grilling?

BBQ is cooked with low heat for a long time, grilling uses a hot fire and you cook it quick, like you would a steak.

Musk has a few irons in the fire. How hot is the fire? A scrapped Tesla will give you 'used' flash light batteries. 18650. Tesla has not had an annual profit. I think they had a 'one quarter' profit. Stock market dolly.  Sending an automobile into space was a display activity. Is it on track? What is the trajectory at this time?

SpaceX...........wooooohooooo. Can I pay for my seat to Mars with PayPal?

Re-supplying  the International Space Station is expensive. The Russians are good at it. They launch like clockwork. I would put high risk on civilian supply missions. I hope the ISS has a lot of escape pods.

SpaceX does not have a 'Katherine Johnson'.  She  has done calculations for Mars trajectories but I don't know if NASA shares data.  Maybe SpaceX can use FB and send a message to NASA to 'send an update to your friends'.

• gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unpinned this topic