BFF Census Poll

gigantor

Poll: BFF Census  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 hours ago, Huntster said:

LOL.......I use charcoal when I have time or when camping, and I use propane with disgust when I’m the cook/slave for my lazy family.

Propane cook stoves are really good for certain things, but you can't BBQ or properly smoke meats with propane I don't care what anyone says. You can grill with them, they can make a decent steak or hamburger, but don't even try to call it BBQ'ing and or smoking. 

• Upvote 1

If we want to talk about politics and global warming, etc?

Take it to the TAR PIT!

This is the Bigfoot General Discussion forum. This is where we talk about BIGFOOT!

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I think it's an over-generalization just like folks my age and younger say that all baby boomers are get off my lawn types who ruined the planet and we will be paying for their retirements for years to come with no benefit for us.

I know a lot of POS people who are much older than myself...and I know a ton of POS people my age or younger. I think it's just easier for one generation to point to the next for all of "our" problems.

Tell all of these old farts to kiss your behind Nate. Ya'll lay off my boy!

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, norseman said:

If we want to talk about politics and global warming, etc?

Take it to the TAR PIT!

This is the Bigfoot General Discussion forum. This is where we talk about BIGFOOT!

And among the very best ways to support the forum!!

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Rockape said:

Propane cook stoves are really good for certain things, but you can't BBQ or properly smoke meats with propane I don't care what anyone says. You can grill with them, they can make a decent steak or hamburger, but don't even try to call it BBQ'ing and or smoking. 

Agreed. I smoke salmon almost every year, and sometimes BIG batches........20 cases or more of 1/2 pint jars. I’ll be smoking and canning a bunch in November when I get home. Summertime is too busy. I freeze it, then smoke/can a bunch in winter. The smoker/bbq is designed for charcoal with the smoke box off to the side to keep the meat a bit cooler. It’s big enough for a bear ham or large turkey. 

I take a small charcoal bbq with me in my camper/trailer combo and use it often for steaks, salmon, and chicken. I used to take a flat, rectangular grill with folding legs with me in the Argo when I went into the hills to sheep/caribou camp along with a small bag of charcoal. I’d dig a small hole, line it with rocks, and set the grill over it, but I’m trying to reduce the size/weight of my remote camp now. No fresh/frozen meats anymore. :mellow:

• Upvote 1

What Im getting out of the poll.

Most of us are late middle aged, well educated, researchers who like rock and roll and gas bbqs...... Can you dig it?

Oh and by the way, over 60 percent of us have been with the BFF over 5 years! That means two things!

1) We are loyal.

2) And we love the BFF!

8 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Agreed. I smoke salmon almost every year, and sometimes BIG batches........20 cases or more of 1/2 pint jars. I’ll be smoking and canning a bunch in November when I get home. Summertime is too busy. I freeze it, then smoke/can a bunch in winter. The smoker/bbq is designed for charcoal with the smoke box off to the side to keep the meat a bit cooler. It’s big enough for a bear ham or large turkey. 

I take a small charcoal bbq with me in my camper/trailer combo and use it often for steaks, salmon, and chicken. I used to take a flat, rectangular grill with folding legs with me in the Argo when I went into the hills to sheep/caribou camp along with a small bag of charcoal. I’d dig a small hole, line it with rocks, and set the grill over it, but I’m trying to reduce the size/weight of my remote camp now. No fresh/frozen meats anymore. :mellow:

Im gonna crash your next hunting camp just fer the grub!!! ;)

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Send a care package to Omaha!

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Huntster said:

What kind of would do ya'll use up there for smoking? Hickory or Pecan is plentiful around here and what I prefer. Oak is ok, a lot of Mesquite here too but I only like it for steaks.

I have a steel frame grill you can throw right over a campfire, belonged to my grandparents so the thing is probably 50 years old at least since I remember it when I was a kid. Great for a coffee pot or frying skillet. I've even cooked steaks and burgers right on it. It's a heavy son of a gun though and not something you want to pack around, it's for truck camping. My grandma used to have a Steel box thing with grates inside and a steel framed glass door. You could sit it right on top of that steel frame grill, she used to make biscuits and such with it.

Edited by Rockape

8 minutes ago, Rockape said:

What kind of would do ya'll use up there for smoking? Hickory or Pecan is plentiful around here and what I prefer. Oak is ok, a lot of Mesquite here too but I only like it for steaks.........

We don’t have the wonderful variety of indigenous hardwoods that you guys have down there. It’s pretty much birch and alder, both of which I’ve used, and neither of which I’m impressed with. Now I use the trimmings from my apple trees, or buy wood chips at the store. I like hickory best.

16 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I think it's an over-generalization just like folks my age and younger say that all baby boomers are get off my lawn types who ruined the planet and we will be paying for their retirements for years to come with no benefit for us.

I know a lot of POS people who are much older than myself...and I know a ton of POS people my age or younger. I think it's just easier for one generation to point to the next for all of "our" problems.

Then you’re simply in denial. Many here are in the same denial it would seem. But you can’t argue with the reality of the situation. Much of it started with my generation, but there is a certain pride that comes from admitting there are so many unproductive folks from my generation. Many more it seems from the generations after me. 

Edited by Will

16 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Professional body building is a hobby, not a profession.  

:D

Actually, I'm a Minister.  A man of the clothe if you will.

2 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Send a care package to Omaha!

You're in Omaha?  I remember you from years ago on the forum, didn't remember you were in Omaha?  I lived there for over 30 years.

• Upvote 1

• gigantor locked this topic
  • gigantor unlocked this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured and featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor locked and unpinned this topic