Whistler

Interesting New Trail Cam Photo..

Whistler

I haven’t seen this one before- I ran across this online & I thought I’d share it with y’all. It’s not the clearest image, but it’s certainly intriguing. Let me know what y’all think...

Cheers!

50DBD431-5BC4-4DD0-9F2B-BACE558C7F72.jpeg

Here’s another one I believe from the same trail cam..

28C97365-68FD-441D-81EE-113F906CFC12.jpeg

Edited by Whistler
  • Upvote 2

Cotter

That is interesting!  Do you by chance know the backstory?

The foot is peculiar.  I notice the size difference (or lack thereof) between the big toe and the 2nd and 3rd toes.  There seems to be a decent look at the hair on the leg as well. 

Another observation - look at the hair in the 2nd trail cam pic.  Seems like we've seen that 'style' of hair on other trail cam pics as well.

One question I would have is why is the trail cam pointed toward the ground?  Not much field of view.  Of course, it could have been moved/manipulated, but that is one thing that I'm scratching my head about.

Edited by Cotter
  • Upvote 1

Twist

Looks interesting but more is needed.  The bottom of the foot though does seem pretty real, what I could imagine it should look like I guess lol.

Edited by Twist

Cotter

^Yep!  It's almost like you can see remnants of an opposable big toe!

Edited by Cotter

MindSquatch

I would think this is good enough for Dr Meldrum to study? I can see the hair above the foot. I can also see how when that foot touches down onto the ground, it would expand out making a left behind track wider than what this photo shows. My guess is that this is a juvenile. 

Thanks for posting!

Twist

Also it appears “meaty” and has lines and folds in it.  

Cotter

The more I look at it, the more the toe size sticks out.  All of the toes appear about the same size (or at least the padding on them).  Hmmm...

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. I have never seen this. Looks very interesting. 

A real specimen or not 

ioyza

Was about to come and post this, here's the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bigfoot/comments/9j7frr/trail_cam_pics/

OP's friend was the owner of the game cam, and was awoken at 3 or 4 am when he received notification on his cell that the photos were taken (cell-linked game cam). The camera was attached to a tree and was knocked down before taking the pics, hence the grass in the shots. 

Some anatomical details people are commenting on:

• No big toe / all toes similar size
  • Big toe appears slightly divergent (not sure I see that one)
  • Mid-tarsal break lines visible
  • Leg-foot attachment point closer to middle of foot than human
  • Elongated heel

Location was near Henryetta, OK. The back story and appearance of the foot seem to me to paint a clear picture of a juvenile bigfoot getting a little brazen messing with a game cam, knocking it down, and accidentally getting his foot caught in the process. At the very least, it'll be a nice thing to bring up when answering the "why no game cam photos??" question.

edit to add: The second photo in Whistler's post was taken seconds before the photo of the foot, if that matters.

Edited by ioyza
  • Upvote 3

Whistler

Thanks for the post ioyza- the photos aren’t very clear, but I’m leaning towards “That’s a real foot”...

Edited by Whistler

Cotter
23 hours ago, Twist said:

^^ What are you thinking this is indicative of?

Hi Twist!

To be honest, if this is the real deal, I can't help but think I haven't seen it reflected in many (any?) of the purported BF tracks/casts I've seen (not that I've seen them all by any means).

Though there are a couple caveats.  IF this is real, I do feel that it may be a juvenile, so perhaps it's a maturity thing (though I haven't seen this in other juvenile prints/casts either). Another would be this was (allegedly) taken in the SE united states.  If anyone's spent any time in the BF realm, they must know about the discussion surrounding the different 'types' of BF's.  Maybe this is a "yahoo" or "booger" vs the traditional PNW style BF.  (NAWAC's accounts also describe their woodapes as varying in regards to build/size/etc). 

Twist

Sure looking that way, or a rather informed and talented hoaxer.  I prefer the first option.  

Cotter
2 hours ago, ioyza said:

Was about to come and post this, here's the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/bigfoot/comments/9j7frr/trail_cam_pics/

Some anatomical details people are commenting on:

• No big toe / all toes similar size
  • Big toe appears slightly divergent (not sure I see that one)
  • Mid-tarsal break lines visible
  • Leg-foot attachment point closer to middle of foot than human
  • Elongated heel

ioyza - thanks for the details!

regarding the divergent big toe - I commented that I feel I saw 'remnants' of the opposing/divergent big toe.  To me it just doesn't look quite as in line as I would expect.

Twist
Just now, Cotter said:

Hi Twist!

To be honest, if this is the real deal, I can't help but think I haven't seen it reflected in many (any?) of the purported BF tracks/casts I've seen (not that I've seen them all by any means).

Though there are a couple caveats.  IF this is real, I do feel that it may be a juvenile, so perhaps it's a maturity thing (though I haven't seen this in other juvenile prints/casts either). Another would be this was (allegedly) taken in the SE united states.  If anyone's spent any time in the BF realm, they must know about the discussion surrounding the different 'types' of BF's.  Maybe this is a "yahoo" or "booger" vs the traditional PNW style BF.  (NAWAC's accounts also describe their woodapes as varying in regards to build/size/etc). 

Hello Cotter! 

Thanks for your input.   I’m in agreement with your line of thinking.