Whistler

Interesting New Trail Cam Photo..

JustCurious

I've been doing more checking on this one.  The fur pattern in the 'non-foot' picture is consistent with what a bear's fur looks like.  The shape of the foot is consistent with a bear.  Bears are known to mess with trail cams, so behavior is consistent with a bear.  What is NOT consistent with a bear is that there doesn't appear to be any fur between the ball of the foot and the toes as would be expected in a bear and we don't see any claws.

I'm thinking it's possible this is a young bear cub.  Aside from something 'mythological', that's the only possiblity in my opinion.

Huntster
On 9/28/2018 at 8:41 PM, Huntster said:

.......there are no claws visible at all, and cub claws on black bears are quite large for the size of their feet..........

83AF49DF-755B-47DB-879B-9B47FC05E522.jpeg

2BD89EF2-8E64-4207-8182-CA4F88101A4A.jpeg

485D0082-1D79-4F8D-839E-DFDD0FCB8978.jpeg

4DE26B82-E198-4BB2-AD6B-2FED395BEF19.jpeg

VAfooter

Just something that stuck out to me....

I noticed that the temp at the time was 55 degrees. That seemed a little cool for an OK night in the middle of summer. Checking the weather for the area it shows that the lows for that time period was in mid 60's. The local temp shown in the cam footage was a good 8-10 degrees cooler, so I wonder if it was up in the mountains a bit? Henryetta proper is at low elevation (less than 700 feet).

Like I said, just something that seemed odd...

• Upvote 1

NCBFr

In case you were not aware, the guy that posted this on Reddit is not the owner of the picture and does not have the original with all of the metadata.  He said he would try and get it but alas nothing new posted in Reddit from him on this subject in a week.  I think you need the original to see if there are claws which really will determine a lot about the picture.

Edited by NCBFr
  • Upvote 1

spacemonkeymafia
On 10/5/2018 at 6:47 PM, VAfooter said:

Just something that stuck out to me....

I noticed that the temp at the time was 55 degrees. That seemed a little cool for an OK night in the middle of summer. Checking the weather for the area it shows that the lows for that time period was in mid 60's. The local temp shown in the cam footage was a good 8-10 degrees cooler, so I wonder if it was up in the mountains a bit? Henryetta proper is at low elevation (less than 700 feet).

Like I said, just something that seemed odd...

I live in Chattanooga city limits. When I go to my parents house to visit 20 miles away in the country it's usually 10 degrees cooler. Most cities record the official temperature at the airport, at least Chattown does.

WSA

So what I take away from the straight-faced assertions that this photo could maybe be, totally, of a skunk's or bear's foot is: Don't be so closed minded that that your brain dies from a lack of oxygen. We will probably never know what this is, exactly, but we already know, or should know, what it most definitely isn't.

Twist

^ it’s most definitely not a horse!!!! Lol

Whistler

^ it’s most definitely not mine!!! : )

OKBFFan

Has anyone sent these to dr. Meldrum? 

Whistler

Give it time- I’m sure he’s being pulled in multiple directions, but I do think this holds a lot a value.. even though it’s not the clearest picture...

Cheers!